Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasky05 View Post
    2 IP 2K's looked very good by reports
    Ah ok. Seems like Atkins knew there was significant risk with him and he failed a physical with us the first time but we passed him after we revised our terms.

Still worth the gamble though. Too bad it didnt work out given that he wouldve been great if healthy.

https://mobile.twitter.com/ShiDavidi/status/1374560887986589697
    Last edited by Raps18-19 Champ; 03-24-2021 at 01:26 AM.

Think Romano will be first up, he's been nails all spring.
    I think he is certainly the best bullpen arm. Do they run with a traditional closer though? Or send Romano out to deal with the hardest part of the lineup late game even if it is in the 8th inning?

Quote Originally Posted by venom518 View Post
    Yates Needs TJS...Done for the season.
    Romano and Dolis pick up slack. Chance for Bergen to make team.

Yates looked great before going down. I think Romano gets first crack the way he is throwing the ball right now.

Ray just fell at home on some stairs and has a bruise on his elbow. Hopefully that doesn't mess with all the work he has put in so far this off season.

Springer is hurt too. Apparently he has a grade 2 oblique strain but hadn't been having grade 2 like symptoms. They talk like it will be days, but he could also not be ready for that first series in NY.....ffs. Tough day for Jays fans yesterday.

On the bright side:

- Kirk seems to have already won a job over McGuire and Adams. So we should get some production behind the plate.

- Vladdy looks like the stud we all hoped he would be when he was in the minors hitting .520/.606/.840 with 6 BB's and 2 SO's. He looks like he is taking BP right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    Romano and Dolis pick up slack. Chance for Bergen to make team.
    Bullpen looks like Romano, Dollis, Chatwood, Borucki, Phelps as locks. Liriano, Mayza, Bergen for potential lefties, Zeuch, for an extra righty. If Strips is in the rotation to start, maybe Merryweather in the pen? Or do they go with Kay as a 4th lefty starter? He has a .091 whip and opponents batting ave. of .139 over his 11 innings of ST work.

Wonder what the odds of McGuire going unclaimed through waivers. We will be short on MLB experienced if he's claimed in case of an injury. I'm guessing the Pirates take him or the Brewers, they like taking ex-Jays.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic98 View Post
    Wonder what the odds of McGuire going unclaimed through waivers. We will be short on MLB experienced if he's claimed in case of an injury. I'm guessing the Pirates take him or the Brewers, they like taking ex-Jays.
    I think it should be easy to pick up a back up catcher if there's any injuries. Austin Hedges is still unsigned and he's a defence first type

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic98 View Post
    Cherrington probably grabs him.

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    Cherrington probably grabs him.
    I think he'll get claimed if he's placed on waivers.

I think he'll get claimed if he's placed on waivers.
    for sure, former 1st rounder, 26 years old and has mlb experience - still some upside.

Just by looking at the box score it looks like SWR had a great day against what seems like the majority of the Yankees best. 3.0 IP, 2H, 1B, 4K

I think SWR and Manoah are way closer than people think. Hopefully one of them can continue to start. If both of them turn out to be studs, we're golden.

Quote Originally Posted by LechWalesa View Post
    I think SWR and Manoah are way closer than people think. Hopefully one of them can continue to start. If both of them turn out to be studs, we're golden.
    Yeah pretty much solidifies the staff especially if Pearson proves hes a starter. At that point we are ready to make a run.

Quote Originally Posted by bartron_44 View Post
    I thought Buck and Tabler were bad.........then I had to sit through a few ST games with Yankee or Pirates announcers. Now I thank my lucky stars we get a combo like Buck and Schulman even some of the time.
    So many are so bad. I agree with you. Buck and Tabby do say some captain obvious things, but I've grown to love them especially after listening more to some of the other guys. Remember when we had a thread dedicated to the things they said? Haha.

Bold prediction. Merryweather will get over 10 saves this season

Page 34 of 41 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast