Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast

2021 Spring Training

I know a few are already heading down to Dunedin, Ryu in particular. First game Feb 27.

Someone's a little eager.

I thought they didn't agree on a schedule yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    I thought they didn't agree on a schedule yet.
    all reports are pointing to players reporting around Feb 16. Florida and Arizona are both open. Game schedule might be up in the air(I was just a little anxious )

Hopefully, we have good season. In 2013 we made all those moves and it was a disaster. Can never tell.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    Hopefully, we have good season. In 2013 we made all those moves and it was a disaster. Can never tell.
    Apples and Oranges. While there's still work to be done to this current team, they have cap space to work with and a fully stocked farm. They were above .500 last year with a young core as the base and if it goes sideways the only possible hinderance going forward, dollar wise, is Springer who's base salary is 22.5/YR after '23, something that can be worked around. This current iteration of the Jays is in MUCH better shape then going into the '13 season

I wonder how the rotation will round out? Ryu, Ray and Matz seem like they'd all have spots locked. I imagine Pearson gets a shot at the rotation to begin the year. I just want to see if they stick with Roark or start to stretch one of the young guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    I wonder how the rotation will round out? Ryu, Ray and Matz seem like they'd all have spots locked. I imagine Pearson gets a shot at the rotation to begin the year. I just want to see if they stick with Roark or start to stretch one of the young guys.
    I think you'll see them sign another SP, hopefully Paxton or Odorizzi. Paxton would give us four lefties so I would lean towards Odorizzi. Ryu, Odorizzi, Ray with Matz and Roark fighting for the last spot n ST

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie View Post
    I think we have a much better base this time around to build with.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    I think you'll see them sign another SP, hopefully Paxton or Odorizzi. Paxton would give us four lefties so I would lean towards Odorizzi. Ryu, Odorizzi, Ray with Matz and Roark fighting for the last spot n ST
    I'd like Odorizzi. I also forgot about Stripling. Though I think he'll be a spot starter/swingman type.

Yea not really fair to compare the 2013 season and now considering how different it is in terms of team consteuction, farm, and expectations.

In 2013, we emptied it out and were pegged as a WS contender before the season whereas now, we arent expected to even win the division so we would have more room moneywise and farm.

Signed Panik to a minor league deal again. Looks like they are bringing Panik in to compete with Espinal for a bench spot. What's interesting about Panik is his reverse splits. He has actually been very good against LHP the past couple seasons...

2019: .289/.372/.381
    2020: .303/.410/.364

NO power, but he can still be effective if used correctly. Without many LHB on the projected roster, that gives him a leg up on Espinal imo. Nothing like another guy who has won a world series and a GG to sit at the end of the bench and talk baseball everyday with these young kids. He played a bunch down the stretch last year and helped get them in the playoffs.

Also, there is a nice article on Groshans on tsn's website:

https://www.tsn.ca/mitchell-alternat...2021-1.1591876

He seems like he feels he is ready for the big leagues after his development at the training facility in Rochester, and believes he can play 3B in the big leagues in 2021!

I know that is just what he feels, but my fav part of the article is just hearing how valuable he thought that experience was getting to work closely with major league coaches and face mlb caliber pitching. He feels he is an entirely new player/hitter. One that is now ready to play big league baseball.

I wonder if not only Groshans, but a few of the other young names show out? I'd cream myself if SWR somehow got the call in 2021.

Groshans and Martin invited to ST.

Quote Originally Posted by mike_noodles View Post
    Groshans and Martin invited to ST.
    Nice. Can't wait to see Martin

Page 1 of 41 12311 ... LastLast