Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 24 of 41 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    At the core, itís now allowing disagreements degenerate to flaming. Which is par for the course for any discussion on pretty much anything nowadays. Iíve take a huge step back from posting on PSD in general because discussions where thereís disagreements arenít even possible without name calling, generalizing and just dishonest discourse. In all truth, this Jays forum might be the only reason I havenít completely stopped visiting the site.
    Yeah I came to PSD for the raps, stayed for the jays. That prospect thread used to be some of the best content on the internet. Leafs used to be sick too.

Bills has always been terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Yeah I came to PSD for the raps, stayed for the jays. That prospect thread used to be some of the best content on the internet. Leafs used to be sick too.

Bills has always been terrible.
    nstojic or whatever his name was the King of the prospect thread. Should've had a banner made for him in this forum. Was a tragedy when we left.

I'm going down memory lane now with some of the former posters. WillRain, Twitchy obviously were big contributors. Not sure if McJoe posted much in here, but he was a big Toronto sports fan so I recall him being here once in a while. bomber was dependable but went off the rails after the 2015 playoffs run. This place used to be crazy active with consistent content from tons of posters.

It was like after the 2015 playoff run, there was a lot of turmoil in the forum and lots of people left, ironically kind of.
    Last edited by statquo; 03-15-2021 at 02:41 PM.

The Lost Boys of PSD

Speaking of specs......its nice to see all the young outfielders pushing each other in ST at the dish:

Polacios: .333/.368/.722
    Wall: .313/.353/.563
    Davis: .353/.476/.588

Not sure there is a spot for any of them on the 26 man roster, but it's nice to see those guys having good springs.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    What's your username?

I wouldnt normally mind saying but I took over my friends Real GM account (also took over his PSD account) a long time ago and I know before I took over that he gad had posts with his personal info on there so I rather not say on Real GM.

I dont post as much on there anyway (unless you go to the Raps forum) though Im sure we will be talking on there at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic98 View Post
    Real GMs jays forum is deader than here and they post on headers from 2019, can't even bother to make them up to date.
    Iím wamco there too. Def low traffic in need of a merge w psd.

Battersbox.com is the best but not taking new members so can only read, not reply
    Beeston: "we should be able to support a $140-$150 million payroll and that's the direction that we're headed."

5) The Toronto Blue Jays have a top-five bullpen.

The lead arm for the ninth inning roles goes to the great Kirby Yates. Yates didnít really pitch in 2020 due to injury but years prior he was known to be one of if not the best reliever in the league. Between 2018 and 2019 he held a 1.67 ERA and 1.93 FIP and grabbed 53 saves along the way. Word on the street is Yates has looked fantastic in spring training and is completely healthy.

The eight-inning pitcher in Toronto goes to Mr. Jordan Romano. Before the Yates signing Romano was a big target in drafts. In 2020 he made a pitch mix change by leaning on the slider and it lead to a 1.23 ERA and 36.8 K%. Romano is the perfect setup man who can step into the ninth inning role when needed.

In the seventh inning, you have Rafael Dolis. Last season Dolis finished with a 1.50 ERA and 31.0 K%. He features a slider that is essentially unhittable as it posted a -19 wRC+ and .000 ISO against. He also throws a splitter that induces just as many whiffs as the slider leaving him with two stellar breaking balls.

That is three pitchers who could technically all could close. All three have filthy breaking pitches and all three can create a lot of strikeouts. If the Blue Jays go to the seventh inning winning the game it will be very difficult to beat them with these three arms anchoring down the bullpen. Last season their bullpen was ranked 24th overall in terms of ERA and I suspect that a major turnaround is coming.
    https://fantasy.fangraphs.com/10-bol...chael-simione/

Top 10 bold predictions off FanGraphs

The Lost Boys of PSD

nstojic or whatever his name was the King of the prospect thread. Should've had a banner made for him in this forum. Was a tragedy when we left.

I'm going down memory lane now with some of the former posters. WillRain, Twitchy obviously were big contributors. Not sure if McJoe posted much in here, but he was a big Toronto sports fan so I recall him being here once in a while. bomber was dependable but went off the rails after the 2015 playoffs run. This place used to be crazy active with consistent content from tons of posters.

It was like after the 2015 playoff run, there was a lot of turmoil in the forum and lots of people left, ironically kind of.
    Twitchy was great. Will rain not so much
    Beeston: "we should be able to support a $140-$150 million payroll and that's the direction that we're headed."

Quote Originally Posted by wamco View Post
    Twitchy was great. Will rain not so much
    Lol I was going to add I thought wamco ran him out the forum but thatís not fair. You challenged him a lot and he didnít like it.

Rochesta was another good one.

Lol I was going to add I thought wamco ran him out the forum but thatís not fair. You challenged him a lot and he didnít like it.

Rochesta was another good one.
    Halladay was a good poster as well

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    Halladay was a good poster as well

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    Reed was solid too. Wonder what ever happened to. That guy ...

I dont normally rely on ST stats/showings much but I thought Yates hasnt played a game yet in ST.

Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Thereís a market opportunity for a good sports discussion forum. Prioritizing the forums and interactions is a good start - rather than annoying advertising. They could literally hire someone for each sport and make this place fire. That person would be responsible for posting the game threads and putting out fires (without any bans, just delete the posts or flag them in some way) in each teams thread.
    Not so sure of this kind of market. Most people want a quick post (a tweet size perhaps) not deal with well thought out opinions with stats to support their view (that's essentially Jays reddit or anything on the Score).

Would be nice to have an active moderator that's a poster here, but in the end w should be able to police ourselves before hitting the reply button.

At the core, itís now allowing disagreements degenerate to flaming. Which is par for the course for any discussion on pretty much anything nowadays. Iíve take a huge step back from posting on PSD in general because discussions where thereís disagreements arenít even possible without name calling, generalizing and just dishonest discourse. In all truth, this Jays forum might be the only reason I havenít completely stopped visiting the site.
    awwww I think this means he likes us

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic98 View Post
    awwww I think this means he likes us

The Lost Boys of PSD

Not sure I'd have them as a top 5, unless they mean AL. Def has potential to be top 10 in the MLB, being 24th last year, that's a huge bump.

Page 24 of 41 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast