Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wamco View Post
    Reed- your passion is appreciated. Your ideas arenít crazy IMO , just a bit premature IMO in regards to Pearson and Kirk , but whatever. No biggie. No need to cease posting
    Nah man, my time here is done. I always appreciated you but the majority of posters on here can't handle having their views challenged. My takes are piping hot and I'm always down to debate them. You and I always keep it respectful while even being able to toss jokes around. Raps calls me defensive and sensitive for posting my views that challenge his. Pebleomer calls me delusional while he continuously changes what he says. Chong is well, yeah. It's guys like that who drive away all the passionate posters.

There's a reason we've seen guys like JamieC, Lance and even yourself leave. The quality of posters on here has gone downhill in a huge way. I'm off to Real GM to see what that's like as you've given it a pretty good rep. All the best to you guys. I may come back but I doubt it. If you want, PM me your name on Real GM so we can keep in touch as I've always enjoyed talking baseball with you. I'm just waiting for my account to be approved.
    Last edited by R. Johnson#3; 03-15-2021 at 09:10 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotic98 View Post
    Agree with wamco.

For me, this isn't a who's right who's wrong debate. Just what we believe. Ex. at times I side with you and other times with Chong. It's not about person A or B being right, but the argument A or B and the facts that I advocate for ex. Atkins > AA (at this point) and Pearson as a SP and Kirk to start in AA or AAA (Whichever starts first).
    I've never had any beef with you. We are able to respectfully disagree and share knowledge which is what it's all about. This post should be directed at guys like Raps, Chong and hanton who continuously change what they say in an attempt to gaslight people. I recommend coming to Real GM as that's what I'm doing now.
    Last edited by R. Johnson#3; 03-15-2021 at 09:20 AM.

I dont think thats fair to say that posters that posters are "soft" because you have a strong personality that you've gotten under people's nerves.

At the end of the day, you're choosing to leave and blaming everyone else. No one drove you away.

I'm on Real GM too. If you go on there it's not like there will be any difference.
    Last edited by Raps18-19 Champ; 03-15-2021 at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Nah man, my time here is done. I always appreciated you but the majority of posters on here can't handle having their views challenged. My takes are piping hot and I'm always down to debate them. You and I always keep it respectful while even being able to toss jokes around. Raps calls me defensive and sensitive for posting my views that challenge his. Pebleomer calls me delusional while he continuously changes what he says. Chong is well, yeah. It's guys like that who drive away all the passionate posters.

There's a reason we've seen guys like JamieC, Lance and even yourself leave. The quality of posters on here has gone downhill in a huge way. I'm off to Real GM to see what that's like as you've given it a pretty good rep. All the best to you guys. I may come back but I doubt it. If you want, PM me your name on Real GM so we can keep in touch as I've always enjoyed talking baseball with you. I'm just waiting for my account to be approved.
    Lmfao. You realize youíre the only one throwing a hissy fit over your view being challenged right?

All this because we donít think Kirk is ready for full time C duties at the ML level.

The humanity!

I've never had any beef with you. We are able to respectfully disagree and share knowledge which is what it's all about. This post should be directed at guys like Raps, Chong and hanton who continuously change what they say in an attempt to gaslight people. I recommend coming to Real GM as that's what I'm doing now.
    Names the 3 posters who debate you the most while complaining no one wants to debate.

My friend - what you want is a circle jerk.

Agree with wamco.

For me, this isn't a who's right who's wrong debate. Just what we believe. Ex. at times I side with you and other times with Chong. It's not about person A or B being right, but the argument A or B and the facts that I advocate for ex. Atkins > AA (at this point) and Pearson as a SP and Kirk to start in AA or AAA (Whichever starts first).
    In my defence, I have never said outright ďAA>AtkinsĒ.
    Iíve said I prefer things about AA like his transparency, philosophy for the ALE, and honesty with the fan base. Iíll add AAís communication with the media to that list as well.
    But my assessment of Atkins has always been tbd. I have always predicted that he would build a playoff team... eventually.
    Atkins first 3 years were a flop with very little to get excited about. The net result was the same as with AAís first 3 years, but AAís methods were more exciting for the fans to watch. With Atkins we had to watch an old team die, and a rookie GM too afraid (or handicapped by ownership) to tear it down. Heís put some smiles on my face since entering actual rebuild mode though. 2 good offseasons in a row. Needs 1 more to put the cherry on the top.

A young contender is better than an old contender. So if Atkins gets us to the playoffs with a dominant regular season team (or simply gets a younger team further into the playoffs than AA was able to), then I will give him the nod as better than AA.

AA has been doing a fine job with the braves though. Heís a top shelf GM. It would be nice to see Atkins sign good players for blow market extensions. End of the day... that had been AAís best quality overall.

I believe todays game is on Sportsnet.

Jays lineup @ Tigers:

1. Jonathan Davis ó LF
    2. Teoscar Hernandez ó RF
    3. Rowdy Tellez ó 1B
    4. Danny Jansen ó C
    5. Joe Panik ó 2B
    6. Santiago Espinal ó SS
    7. Forrest Wall ó CF
    8. Tyler White ó DH
    9. Kevin Smith ó 3B
    --
    SP Hyun Jin Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by hanton View Post
    I believe todays game is on Sportsnet.

Jays lineup @ Tigers:

1. Jonathan Davis ó LF
    2. Teoscar Hernandez ó RF
    3. Rowdy Tellez ó 1B
    4. Danny Jansen ó C
    5. Joe Panik ó 2B
    6. Santiago Espinal ó SS
    7. Forrest Wall ó CF
    8. Tyler White ó DH
    9. Kevin Smith ó 3B
    --
    SP Hyun Jin Ryu
    Gonna be low scoring Iím guessing lol. That lineup...

Road game so probably a rest day for many of the starters. I hope Panik makes the 26 man roster, I like that guy.

Wall and Tellez has been hitting nicely. But seeing Jansen start at clean up will be interesting. I wonder if to break his bat from it's dormant slump, if all we need to do is bat him clean-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    I dont think thats fair to say that posters that posters are "soft" because you have a strong personality that you've gotten under people's nerves.

At the end of the day, you're choosing to leave and blaming everyone else. No one drove you away.

I'm on Real GM too. If you go on there it's not like there will be any difference.
    What's your username?

Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    This forum used to be rocking. It was the reason I joined PSD. It's pretty dead now but I still appreciate the few of you guys still kicking around.

Haven't paid much attention to spring training other than box scores. Is the pitching looking like it's going to hold up?
    Hard to get a ton outside box scores unfortunately as most games arenít aired. Box scores have shown positive signs. Donít think anyone has pitched more than 3 innings in a game though. And pitchers tend to be ahead of the hitters historically at this stage. But it is always better to see the good signs at this point in the preparation for the season. The biggest concern is probably Pearson being injured again

Real GMs jays forum is deader than here and they post on headers from 2019, can't even bother to make them up to date.

Real GMs jays forum is deader than here and they post on headers from 2019, can't even bother to make them up to date.
    Thereís a market opportunity for a good sports discussion forum. Prioritizing the forums and interactions is a good start - rather than annoying advertising. They could literally hire someone for each sport and make this place fire. That person would be responsible for posting the game threads and putting out fires (without any bans, just delete the posts or flag them in some way) in each teams thread.

At the core, itís now allowing disagreements degenerate to flaming. Which is par for the course for any discussion on pretty much anything nowadays. Iíve take a huge step back from posting on PSD in general because discussions where thereís disagreements arenít even possible without name calling, generalizing and just dishonest discourse. In all truth, this Jays forum might be the only reason I havenít completely stopped visiting the site.

Page 23 of 41 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast