Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by smith&wesson View Post
    Yeah, PG has always been a sf...
    The problem arises when you acquire several of those kind of players, who becomes the SG or do we simply say the Clippers play no SG? Cuz if thats the case then we got alot of players to reclassify historically.

even in the modern day era of position-less basketball he doesn’t like playing PF, and I’ve never seen him slide over to the 2.
    Watch literally any Clippers game with he and Kawhi. Which of the 2 would you say is more likely to slide to the 4 when they go small and which of the two would slide up to the 2 when they play alongside a more true 4(a less dissimilar situation here) like Morris and Batum. PG is our most perimeter oriented swingman of the bunch, who exactly do you guys think plays SG for the Clippers? And if you want to get really technical with the X's and O's, PG has been more of a PG than someone like Beverly who plays off the ball, but that up to how you guys define positions. All I know is Kawhi and PG play the same position but by literal definitions, one of them has to be the 2, thus, in a separate category for award purposes. Voters do this all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Bro I spoon feed you stats in every conversation and you're like yeah but what about opinion. Forget your opinion man, straight up lol it's wrong.
    Thats your opinion, its not really as cut and dry as you think it is, stats dont work that way and I am trying to explain how assessing the data actually works. You're citing stat but you dont actually know how its coming to the conclusion and any inherent flaws with the methodology. By that same measure, Kawhi is our starting SG, yet hes listed in the same category as PG, thats been one of my points here. Have you seen the tape or just blindly accepting theories? What position do you think Magic played throughout his career? Check the stats lol

You're crying bc PG13 is listed as a front court player, this BENEFITS him! There are 4 spots in the West for back court and 6 spots for front court and your argument is... "Boo hoo i think PG is our SG, even if no stat backs my claim. My opinion is above stats, he should be a back court player for All-Star game purposes".
    Why would I cry? LOL, at least you have an argument about it maybe benefitting him but I think that depends on the competition in his field. Im thinking the coaches and players will give him more respect as a 2 in this years Western field but I could be wrong. Still, no doubt the stats dont back you.

Dude, it's a weak and invalid argument. It's mainly position-less basketball now days, but stats gotta slot ppl in holes and PG has been a SF his entire career, lol
    Batum can be your SG, I literally don't care. PG and Kawhi will both make the all star game to your larger point, barring w.e is going on with PGs right foot. [emoji1745]
    Its positionless basketball but the nomination for awards arent, hence the point. SOMEONE has to play SG and by the same measures you're misusing, its either Kawhi or PG, so yeah, it kind of matters who you think plays SG for a team it seems you dont really watch play much.

If you think slow *** Batum is more fitting of that qualification this late in his career and being a tertiary playmaker as opposed to one of our primary playmakers then I cant help you understand statistics. Justin isn't here to defend how you are misusing his work (assuming BBR still bases much of their forumulas off his work) but I used to frequent the APBR boards back in the early days of all these stats, suffice it to say, they would be the first to correct you on these position estimates. I've seen them admit as much before, its either Kawhi or PG, either way they are categorically opposed. Its like when award voters put players in different positions to field the best possible team. Thats what I want but I'll admit I havent really dug deep enough to see if that would be the case here. Only talking numbers
    Last edited by Chronz; 02-06-2021 at 04:02 PM.

Are the players even going to show up? They all seem pretty pissed. I can see them getting sick of everything and locking out
    At this point they would have the rights to do so, and I won't blame them, but with so much money on the table I don't know .

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    The problem arises when you acquire several of those kind of players, who becomes the SG or do we simply say the Clippers play no SG? Cuz if thats the case then we got alot of players to reclassify historically.

Watch literally any Clippers game with he and Kawhi. Which of the 2 would you say is more likely to slide to the 4 when they go small and which of the two would slide up to the 2 when they play alongside a more true 4(a less dissimilar situation here) like Morris and Batum. PG is our most perimeter oriented swingman of the bunch, who exactly do you guys think plays SG for the Clippers? And if you want to get really technical with the X's and O's, PG has been more of a PG than someone like Beverly who plays off the ball, but that up to how you guys define positions. All I know is Kawhi and PG play the same position but by literal definitions, one of them has to be the 2, thus, in a separate category for award purposes. Voters do this all the time.

Thats your opinion, its not really as cut and dry as you think it is, stats dont work that way and I am trying to explain how assessing the data actually works. You're citing stat but you dont actually know how its coming to the conclusion and any inherent flaws with the methodology. By that same measure, Kawhi is our starting SG, yet hes listed in the same category as PG, thats been one of my points here. Have you seen the tape or just blindly accepting theories? What position do you think Magic played throughout his career? Check the stats lol

Why would I cry? LOL, at least you have an argument about it maybe benefitting him but I think that depends on the competition in his field. Im thinking the coaches and players will give him more respect as a 2 in this years Western field but I could be wrong. Still, no doubt the stats dont back you.

Its positionless basketball but the nomination for awards arent, hence the point. SOMEONE has to play SG and by the same measures you're misusing, its either Kawhi or PG, so yeah, it kind of matters who you think plays SG for a team it seems you dont really watch play much.

If you think slow *** Batum is more fitting of that qualification this late in his career and being a tertiary playmaker as opposed to one of our primary playmakers then I cant help you understand statistics. Justin isn't here to defend how you are misusing his work (assuming BBR still bases much of their forumulas off his work) but I used to frequent the APBR boards back in the early days of all these stats, suffice it to say, they would be the first to correct you on these position estimates. I've seen them admit as much before, its either Kawhi or PG, either way they are categorically opposed. Its like when award voters put players in different positions to field the best possible team. Thats what I want but I'll admit I havent really dug deep enough to see if that would be the case here. Only talking numbers
    Bruv, if the stats say for this season PG plays 90% of his minutes at SF and Kawhi plays 65% of his minutes at SG how are you going to say that's not the case? [emoji23]

BC you disagree with it? Lol who cares if you disagree, provide evidence/analytics/statistics for your claim, no one wants to sit here and debate your inaccurate opinion lol

Bruv, if the stats say for this season PG plays 90% of his minutes at SF and Kawhi plays 65% of his minutes at SG how are you going to say that's not the case? [emoji23]

BC you disagree with it? Lol who cares if you disagree, provide evidence/analytics/statistics for your claim, no one wants to sit here and debate your inaccurate opinion lol
    Ive already adressed the numbers, its up to you to know what they signify. Basically, lets get a straight answer. In your opinion, Kawhi is our starting SG, that is your answer ?

I see a lot of guys saying this game is pointless but in reality the whole season is pointless in the times we’re living in.

Playing basketball is not essential at all. Everyone from the owners to the players is participating in this season is for financial gain.

The NBA probably have some kind of obligation to to fulfill by having an All-Star Game.

It’s people going to work everyday putting their lives at risk with less backing from their employer.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron24th View Post
    At this point they would have the rights to do so, and I won't blame them, but with so much money on the table I don't know .
    The league and union agreed to it. Players are just the special effects of the movie. Plus, these idiots like money too so they'll shut up and dribble.

6/15/19...when my wish became a reality.

Are the players even going to show up? They all seem pretty pissed. I can see them getting sick of everything and locking out
    They should. How a league goes from handling the pandemic the best to handling it the worst and no one talks about it amazes me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    They should. How a league goes from handling the pandemic the best to handling it the worst and no one talks about it amazes me.

They're at the mercy of the TV partners, if they say there's an ASG, then the NBA complies. It's a bad case of outside sources running a league.

I mean it pads everyone's pockets, so that's cool. But overall it's probably not the healthiest working relationship/"partnership".

They're at the mercy of the TV partners, if they say there's an ASG, then the NBA complies. It's a bad case of outside sources running a league.

I mean it pads everyone's pockets, so that's cool. But overall it's probably not the healthiest working relationship/"partnership".
    But when it comes to handling players testing positive (IIRC NBA has the highest rate right now) and contact tracing, the NBA is doing a **** job.

I think it's fine to have the TV partners push for certain things, but there's some things the NBA should push, like maybe move the ASG to an off night of the finals and play it then and exclude guys on the finals team. I heard they want to do a 3-point contest and dunk contest....why not do them virtually from their own teams facilities?

I suggested the NBA shoulda done a bunch of "mini-bubbles" and played all division games in a short span, inter division games without travel. Seriously, back to back in two different cities. Just stupid to not do something like let the team playing back to back stay home to minimize the risk of contracting COVID and get the other team on night two to arrive early.

Bout a month til the game, screw it, I'll take a stab at it.

East

Starters
    BC: Beal
    BC: Harden
    FC: KD
    FC: Giannis
    FC: Joel

Bench
    BC: Kyrie
    BC: Trae
    FC: Tatum
    FC: Julius Randle
    FC: Sabonias
    Wild: Drummond
    Wild: Simmons

West

Starters
    BC: Luka
    BC: Steph
    FC: LeBron
    FC: Kawhi
    FC: Jokic

Bench
    BC: Dame
    BC: Mitchell
    FC: PG13
    FC: AD
    FC: Christian Wood
    Wild: CJ McCollum
    Wild: DeRozan
    I think that's about spot on. If it was strictly based on playoffs i'd bench Luka for Lillard. But with fan voting Luka is the starter. Luka is a excellent player. But Mavs having a down year. Oh and the fan voting probably gets Simmons in before Randle or Sabonis. But all them should be in. Barkley even said Sabonis and Randle do deserve to be in this year. I didn't even vote this year yet for the All Star game. I was even nice enough to leave Middleton as a snub in your post. But with Harden traded to the east. Shifts a ton of players around. Even though Middleton frontcourt player. If Middeton weasels his way in. Then someone else gets snubbed.
    Last edited by MILLERHIGHLIFE; 02-07-2021 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERHIGHLIFE View Post
    I think that's about spot on. If it was strictly based on playoffs i'd bench Luka for Lillard. But with fan voting Luka is the starter. Luka is a excellent player. But Mavs having a down year. Oh and the fan voting probably gets Simmons in before Randle or Sabonis. But all them should be in. Barkley even said Sabonis and Randle do deserve to be in this year. I didn't even vote this year yet for the All Star game. I was even nice enough to leave Middleton as a snub in your post. But with Harden traded to the east. Shifts a ton of players around. Even though Middleton frontcourt player. If Middeton weasels his way in. Then someone else gets snubbed.
    Yeah, the back end of both conferences are tough to select.

Starters are voted in by fans (50%) + players (25%) + media (25%). The reservs are voted in by head coaches from their respective conference. Any injury replacement is selected by the commissioner.

Quote Originally Posted by kobe4thewinbang View Post
    The league and union agreed to it. Players are just the special effects of the movie. Plus, these idiots like money too so they'll shut up and dribble.
    Yes, and they'll stfu about social justice when it comes to China and hide under the blanket of ignorance. As if they don't know wtf is going on... And if they are that stupid, ignorant, and uninformed, they should probably google it when they get asked about it by rogue reporters who ask them even when they are instructed not to ask questions like that. I don't think they are really for social justice as they say they are. They are just in it to make their own and their family's lives more comfortable... f--- everyone outside that box.

Morey has big bawls.
    Last edited by Redrum187; 02-12-2021 at 04:11 PM.
    2015 Bull's Mock Trade Game Championship Team

San Antonio Spurs

PG: Chris Paul | Patty Mills | Jose Calderon
    SG: Khris Middleton | J.J. Redick | Iman Shumpert
    SF: DeMarre Carroll | P.J. Tucker | Anthony Morrow
    PF: Tim Duncan | Carlos Boozer | Kyle O'Quinn
    C : Al Horford | Rudy Gobert

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post
    Yes, and they'll stfu about social justice when it comes to China and hide under the blanket of ignorance. As if they don't know wtf is going on... And if they are that stupid, ignorant, and uninformed, they should probably google it when they get asked about it by rogue reporters who ask them even when they are instructed not to ask questions like that. I don't think they are really for social justice as they say they are. They are just in it to make their own and their family's lives more comfortable... f--- everyone outside that box.

Morey has big bawls.
    https://youtu.be/HL7o6np84pg

What’s the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum187 View Post

Morey has big bawls.
    Touche on the last point, but LeBron is the only player I can remember ****ing the bed when that conversation was being had. Why the blanket indictment on all players?

Personally I think LeBron can have an opinion on one issue and not have an opinion on different issue.

It wouldn’t really surprise me if knows more about and cares more about the criminal justice system in America then international relations with China or Chinese politics.

[emoji2369]

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast