Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    6,255

    Team USA... a motley crew

    https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/i...ournament/amp/

    USA has already qualified for the 2022 FIBA AmeriCup but they still have to go to phase 3 of qualifiers to play a couple games later this month. The squad they assembled is a motley crew, a rag tag bunch. It almost reminds me of that upcoming movie suicide squad.

    Joe Johnson age 39 free agent
    Isaiah Thomas age 31 free agent
    Josh Boone age 36 free agent
    Treveon Graham age 27 free agent
    Chris Daniels age 36 free agent
    Cat Barber age 26 G-League
    Tre'Shawn Thurman age 25 G-League
    Ra'Shad James age 31 overseas
    Will Davis age 28 overseas
    Paul Atkinson age 24 college
    Dakota Mathis age 25 free agent
    James Nunnally age 30 free agent
    Jordan Sibert age 28 free agent
    KJ Feagin age 23 free agent

    I know most won't care, I've just never seen such a mixed matched hodgepodge before. Former stars, college guys, g league guys, overseas guys and never weres. Don't get me wrong, I think they can smack Bahamas and Mexico at the end of this month but still.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    12,709
    Not gonna lie, after the first few names, I was like "this could be a fun list" but man that fell off awfully quick. Too bad they couldn't grab a few more old timers. I'm sure though guys aren't in great shape, but guys like Kyle Korver could have been fun. But either way, even if it's a ******** tourney, cool for some of these guys to say they got to play for Team USA.

    They should have gotten a guy like Dion waiters to play. Would have been pretty hilarious watching him chuck all day against some trashy national teams.
    Last edited by crewfan13; 02-03-2021 at 10:05 AM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    5,923
    I don't know how they select this team, but imagine what other countries are going through trying to find players.
    On a side note, it would have been awesome if Vince Carter had gone in on this with Joe Johnson and Isaiah Thomas. That would have been a better way to retire than as a bit player with that Atlanta team.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    6,255
    It almost feels like the quadrennial beat down that the University of Kentucky hands out to National teams in the Bahamas.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    37,688
    Josh Boone lol

    Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    16,539
    ISO Joe!!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Bronx, NY
    Posts
    14,530
    Any news on the Team USA going to the Tokyo Games and the Olympics?

    Will it be a Dream Team like 1992 or 1996 or more of a mixture of great elite players and average NBA players?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    6,255
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinobiNYC View Post
    Any news on the Team USA going to the Tokyo Games and the Olympics?

    Will it be a Dream Team like 1992 or 1996 or more of a mixture of great elite players and average NBA players?
    Gotta keep in mind the NBA Finals end 1 day prior to the start of the Tokyo Olympics. So any player in the Finals is probably out and any player in either conference Final is probably doubtful. Do with that what you will, but if the Olympics proceed, it will be far from a dream team.

    Below is the list of 44 invited players from last February, one can assume they will all be in the pool of 60.

    Bam Adebayo*(Miami Heat)
    LaMarcus Aldridge*(San Antonio Spurs)
    Harrison Barnes*(Sacramento Kings)
    Bradley Beal*(Washington Wizards)
    Devin Booker*(Phoenix Suns)
    Malcolm Brogdon*(Indiana Pacers)
    Jaylen Brown*(Boston Celtics)
    Jimmy Butler*(Miami Heat)
    Mike Conley Jr.*(Utah Jazz)
    Stephen Curry*(Golden State Warriors)
    Anthony Davis*(Los Angeles Lakers)
    DeMar DeRozan*(San Antonio Spurs)
    Andre Drummond*(Cleveland Cavaliers)
    Kevin Durant*(Brooklyn Nets)
    Paul George*(Los Angeles Clippers)
    Draymond Green*(Golden State Warriors)
    James Harden (Brooklyn Nets)
    Montrezl Harrell*(Los Angeles Lakers)
    Joe Harris*(Brooklyn Nets)
    Tobias Harris*(Philadelphia 76ers)
    Gordon Hayward*(Charlotte Hornets)
    Dwight Howard*(Philadelphia 76ers)
    Brandon Ingram*(New Orleans Pelicans)
    Kyrie Irving*(Brooklyn Nets)
    LeBron James*(Los Angeles Lakers)
    Kyle Kuzma*(Los Angeles Lakers)
    Kawhi Leonard*(Los Angeles Clippers)
    Damian Lillard*(Portland Trail Blazers)
    Brook Lopez*(Milwaukee Bucks)
    Kevin Love*(Cleveland Cavaliers)
    Kyle Lowry*(Tampa Bay Raptors)
    JaVale McGee*(Cleveland Cavaliers)
    Khris Middleton*(Milwaukee Bucks)
    Donovan Mitchell*(Utah Jazz)
    Victor Oladipo*(Houston Rockets)
    Chris Paul*(Phoenix Suns)
    Mason Plumlee*(Detroit Pistons)
    Marcus Smart*(Boston Celtics)
    Jayson Tatum*(Boston Celtics)
    Klay Thompson*(Golden State Warriors)
    Myles Turner*(Indiana Pacers)
    Kemba Walker*(Boston Celtics)
    Russell Westbrook*(Washington Wizards)
    Derrick White*(San Antonio Spurs)

    They also allegedly extended invites to New Orleans’ Zion Williamson, Atlanta’s Trae Young, Memphis’ Ja Morant, Miami’s Duncan Robinson, Houston's Christian Wood, and Tampa Bay's Fred VanVleet.

    That list is 50 guys, idk who the last 10 are. Some will get injured, some will opt off bc fatigue or covid or they don't care. Some will get cut bc they aren't good enough or piss off Colangelo.

    Time will tell who the final 12 are.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    30,572
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/i...ournament/amp/

    USA has already qualified for the 2022 FIBA AmeriCup but they still have to go to phase 3 of qualifiers to play a couple games later this month. The squad they assembled is a motley crew, a rag tag bunch. It almost reminds me of that upcoming movie suicide squad.

    Joe Johnson age 39 free agent
    Isaiah Thomas age 31 free agent
    Josh Boone age 36 free agent
    Treveon Graham age 27 free agent
    Chris Daniels age 36 free agent
    Cat Barber age 26 G-League
    Tre'Shawn Thurman age 25 G-League
    Ra'Shad James age 31 overseas
    Will Davis age 28 overseas
    Paul Atkinson age 24 college
    Dakota Mathis age 25 free agent
    James Nunnally age 30 free agent
    Jordan Sibert age 28 free agent
    KJ Feagin age 23 free agent

    I know most won't care, I've just never seen such a mixed matched hodgepodge before. Former stars, college guys, g league guys, overseas guys and never weres. Don't get me wrong, I think they can smack Bahamas and Mexico at the end of this month but still.
    Queue in the movie "Major League" "Who are this ****ing guys?" "This guy is dead!" "Well scratch him off then!"

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    6,255
    http://www.fiba.basketball/americup/...A#tab=boxscore

    Well they won game 1, game 2 is tomorrow.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Bronx, NY
    Posts
    14,530
    Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Gotta keep in mind the NBA Finals end 1 day prior to the start of the Tokyo Olympics. So any player in the Finals is probably out and any player in either conference Final is probably doubtful. Do with that what you will, but if the Olympics proceed, it will be far from a dream team.

    Below is the list of 44 invited players from last February, one can assume they will all be in the pool of 60.

    Bam Adebayo*(Miami Heat)
    LaMarcus Aldridge*(San Antonio Spurs)
    Harrison Barnes*(Sacramento Kings)
    Bradley Beal*(Washington Wizards)
    Devin Booker*(Phoenix Suns)
    Malcolm Brogdon*(Indiana Pacers)
    Jaylen Brown*(Boston Celtics)
    Jimmy Butler*(Miami Heat)
    Mike Conley Jr.*(Utah Jazz)
    Stephen Curry*(Golden State Warriors)
    Anthony Davis*(Los Angeles Lakers)
    DeMar DeRozan*(San Antonio Spurs)
    Andre Drummond*(Cleveland Cavaliers)
    Kevin Durant*(Brooklyn Nets)
    Paul George*(Los Angeles Clippers)
    Draymond Green*(Golden State Warriors)
    James Harden (Brooklyn Nets)
    Montrezl Harrell*(Los Angeles Lakers)
    Joe Harris*(Brooklyn Nets)
    Tobias Harris*(Philadelphia 76ers)
    Gordon Hayward*(Charlotte Hornets)
    Dwight Howard*(Philadelphia 76ers)
    Brandon Ingram*(New Orleans Pelicans)
    Kyrie Irving*(Brooklyn Nets)
    LeBron James*(Los Angeles Lakers)
    Kyle Kuzma*(Los Angeles Lakers)
    Kawhi Leonard*(Los Angeles Clippers)
    Damian Lillard*(Portland Trail Blazers)
    Brook Lopez*(Milwaukee Bucks)
    Kevin Love*(Cleveland Cavaliers)
    Kyle Lowry*(Tampa Bay Raptors)
    JaVale McGee*(Cleveland Cavaliers)
    Khris Middleton*(Milwaukee Bucks)
    Donovan Mitchell*(Utah Jazz)
    Victor Oladipo*(Houston Rockets)
    Chris Paul*(Phoenix Suns)
    Mason Plumlee*(Detroit Pistons)
    Marcus Smart*(Boston Celtics)
    Jayson Tatum*(Boston Celtics)
    Klay Thompson*(Golden State Warriors)
    Myles Turner*(Indiana Pacers)
    Kemba Walker*(Boston Celtics)
    Russell Westbrook*(Washington Wizards)
    Derrick White*(San Antonio Spurs)

    They also allegedly extended invites to New Orleans’ Zion Williamson, Atlanta’s Trae Young, Memphis’ Ja Morant, Miami’s Duncan Robinson, Houston's Christian Wood, and Tampa Bay's Fred VanVleet.

    That list is 50 guys, idk who the last 10 are. Some will get injured, some will opt off bc fatigue or covid or they don't care. Some will get cut bc they aren't good enough or piss off Colangelo.

    Time will tell who the final 12 are.
    Thanks......that's a lot lol. Gotta wait for mid June I assume.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •