Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Blackhawks win again. 1st NHL Shutout for Lankinen.

Hawks now tied with the Panthers for 1st place
    We've played 4 more games. We're not far up in the standings when other teams catch up to our GP. They've been great lately, but can't really look at standings right now.

Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    We've played 4 more games. We're not far up in the standings when other teams catch up to our GP. They've been great lately, but can't really look at standings right now.
    Noticed the same thing. Still shocked at how well they're playing, especially when I don't like JC.

I really want to see the NHL take away pts for a OTL, and use it solely as a tiebreaker .

Still pisses me off that teams with a higher winning percentage can finish behind teams with a few more OTL.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

It's the NHL participation trophy lol

Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    The 4 games do play a difference, but I think really looking at the standings we still get a good idea of where we stand at this point. Most likely 4th with Florida, Tampa, and Carolina being better teams. All three 10 win teams with the 4 game disadvantage. We're in a group of the playoff bubble of 4th spot with Dallas and Columbus. Columbus playing 18 also hold a 2 pt advantage, and Dallas being 6 games behind is hard to tell, but they would have to win 5 of their next 6 to pass us in the standings. Regardless, still, a nice place to be for a team that most people had competing with Detroit for the cellar of the division.

Panarin taking a leave. Bet he's scared of the long arm of Putin. 10 year old "allegations" coming from an old coach after he makes comments about Putin. Hope he doesn't accidently fall from a 30 story building.

Another dub

Click here to register!

cant tell if this team is super overachieving or they are the real deal?? Hopefully the latter..

I know some people (for whatever reason) don't like JC, but I think he is doing a fine job, he is a really young coach, coaching really young players (for the most part)..

They've been fun to watch which I did NOT expect.

Can't imagine they're true SC contenders but it seems they may have a shot to make the playoffs.

Still incredibly early. Wonder what the advanced stats would say about their true performance.

Click here to register!

February 2021 Game Thread

Chalk up another dub for the Hawks! Subban shutout tonight vs CBJ. Kaner 1G away from 400 in his career.

Letís keep the streak going against the Red Wings this weekend, because the next 11 games after that are going to be ROUGH.

5 vs TB, 4 vs FLA, 2 vs DAL

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Chalk up another dub for the Hawks! Subban shutout tonight vs CBJ. Kaner 1G away from 400 in his career.

Letís keep the streak going against the Red Wings this weekend, because the next 11 games after that are going to be ROUGH.

5 vs TB, 4 vs FLA, 2 vs DAL
    That will be a great test to see the true identity of the team this year.. They do well in that stretch, we know we have a serious contender.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    cant tell if this team is super overachieving or they are the real deal?? Hopefully the latter..

I know some people (for whatever reason) don't like JC, but I think he is doing a fine job, he is a really young coach, coaching really young players (for the most part)..
    I think we will find out very soon. I'm really curious to see how we play against Tampa. We've had at least one game competing against all other teams, but Tampa is the only team that's mopped the floor with us. Florida did too in the first game, but they bounced back in the second game.

On Collition I think he's shown a lot this year. If this team survives this stretch I think a lot of the chatter around him is going to and needs to shift. If they make the playoffs this year it very well could and maybe should be silenced. If you look at it out the gate he was put in a really crappy spot:

I'd agree on Collition, but am curious to see how this season plays out to finish my take on him. I think up to this season there was a lot of unknown with him. He's been a hard coach to read given everything that's happened since he's taken over. He comes in and replaces a legendary coach with 3 cup victories. That alone can sink some young coaches. Add in the fact he takes over a team that was a shadow of that squad. Looking at the big picture I personally can't really hold year one over him this team wasn't winning with Q not knocking Q, an absolute legend, but it could be argued too the team wasn't going to win not matter who the coach was. The team under his helm that year finished 30-28-9. Under Q the team was 6-6-3, so it's a bit hard to argue what that season would have looked like if they finished the season with Q. No matter who the coach was the front office during this span had limited their ability to succeed.

Being the guy who replaced one of the most if not the most legendary coach in franchise history in year 1 he was likely never winning over most fans deal with the pressure of leading with the recent firing of Q, the next season was last season and made some things happen towards the end of the season, and this season we're contending with a roster that was supposed to be a rebuilding roster. Yeah, they lucked into the playoffs, but to beat Edmonton said something. This season is all being done too without their top 2 centers and parts of the roster being impacted by COVID at times. I'm not sure making the playoffs dictates if this season is a success, but in order to be in the bubble says a lot, making the playoffs is a statement for me. You've got to feel pretty good if they come out of March with an additional 14 or more points in the record column. He's been 73-64-21 as a coach, 4-5 in the playoffs. It's hard to knock that, to be honest taking into account everything. It seems likely a lot of the young players and the vets are buying into this year. As you mentioned we're going to see what this team is made in the next 20 games or so.
    Last edited by IRNMN; 02-26-2021 at 03:15 PM.

Kaner with #400. Such a stud

Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    Kaner with #400. Such a stud
    And it was such a Kaner goal, too.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12