Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

February 2021 Game Thread

Last edited by blams; 02-03-2021 at 12:43 AM.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

O

Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    O
    Lol, I completely forgot to post the schedule

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Last night's game was a pretty interesting one. There are really some positive signs with this team. Even without several key player, it was a gritty game to even get a point last night. Looking at this month there really should be no reason if this team is trending in the right direction they should not leave this month with a minimum of 12-15 points to the standings. They've shown the ability to compete with all the teams on this schedule, with the exception of Dallas who we have not seen yet.

They really seem to be rallying around Lankenin who if continues to play at this level has to be a promising Calder candidate.

Thoroughly shocked how well they played against Dallas yesterday. I wonder if they can do it on back to back games? But since the first 3 games, they are no 5-1-4.

Subban has begun to look like a decent backup. It may be time for many to begin to re-assess their thoughts on Collition. With how the team is developing I really hope they don't try to do too much at the deadline. Let the kids play and see who stands out. Seeing a lot out of this team they're winning games I think a lot of people circled as L's in the pre-season.

It's nice to see the young guys playing well. Let's just see if they can sustain it.

Would be nice to hear wtf is going on with Toews... Think he's just burned out right now or some kind of real serious illness?

Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    It's nice to see the young guys playing well. Let's just see if they can sustain it.

Would be nice to hear wtf is going on with Toews... Think he's just burned out right now or some kind of real serious illness?
    Certainly gives hope for the future of this franchise. You look forward and for the rest of the month, at least on paper, are games they should be competing. What's really going to be telling is the brutal stretch of 11 games vs. Tampa, Dallas, and Florida. Really impressed with this squad.

It's hard to say with Toews, they've kept much of that under wraps all that's been releases is he is fatigued. Which could be a wide array of issues. All we're getting is small nuggets like:

Toews and the Hawks announced Dec. 29 that Toews was experiencing symptoms leaving him ďfeeling drained and lethargic.Ē Bowman had since clarified those symptoms had been present for months, potentially as far back as the August 2020 playoffs.
    I can't imagine it being burnout, but it's also strange they don't have anything being put out as well. It's very mysterious.

This team has been playing pretty damn well all things considered.. An optimistic question.. They keep this up and get back Dach and (maybe) Toews.. Expect Stan to be a buyer at the deadline??

Tough news today. Shaw placed in concussion protocol after taking an elbow to the face (I assume it was from the last game they played).

Colliton was visibly upset for Shaw today. Wonder if that might be it for Shawzy.

2016 World Series Champions!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WorldChamps1908 View Post
    This team has been playing pretty damn well all things considered.. An optimistic question.. They keep this up and get back Dach and (maybe) Toews.. Expect Stan to be a buyer at the deadline??
    I would say no, let the kids play and see what we have. No chance we're competing for a cup this season I would get this group as much experience as possible. Unless we can get a piece that betters us for the long term then not really worth it. The price another big factor. Getting Dach and/or Toews back is basically as good as a trade would be.

It would really have to be the right deal. Overall, I would argue it's best to either make no move or make seller moves like dangle a few players like Janmark for example for maybe future picks. Another factor to consider with this too would be the upcoming expansion draft. Luckily we have a good deal of no-brainer protects and a good deal of players already protected because they're young.

Whatís the latest on Toesw?? I heard a rumor the other day he has MS?? That would be horrible.

Whatís the latest on Toesw?? I heard a rumor the other day he has MS?? That would be horrible.
    Stan Bowman said that rumor was false and for people to stop spreading false info. He also said when they have more news, they would share.

So far, nothing new to report.

Blackhawks win again. 1st NHL Shutout for Lankinen.

Hawks now tied with the Panthers for 1st place

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Stan Bowman said that rumor was false and for people to stop spreading false info. He also said when they have more news, they would share.

So far, nothing new to report.
    Well thatís good to hear. Itís been so mysterious.

Quote Originally Posted by CubsRule08 View Post
    Blackhawks win again. 1st NHL Shutout for Lankinen.

Hawks now tied with the Panthers for 1st place
    Really becoming an interesting team to watch. Lankinen has been very impressive. With such a young team you kind of how far they can go. If they get through the first half of March looking strong then the return of Kirby Dach and maybe Toews really becomes interesting in the stretch.

Well thatís good to hear. Itís been so mysterious.
    It's certainly mysterious, but the reality his conditions could be a multitude of medical matters and he's still being tested and without a diagnosis. That or they've ruled out some of the major matters and he simply needs rest. The good news is nothing major has been announced, everything seems to indicate they expect him to resume playing hockey at some point.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast