Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which team is in greater danger of missing the playoffs?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dallas Mavericks

3 75.00%
  • Miami Heat

1 25.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    luka cant hit 3s and is a massive negative on defense. They legit at this point need a joel/gobert/AD type center who will cover the paint and defende to help this dude cover up for his weakness... porz was a bad move man
    Watching Porzingis attempt to set screens makes me appreciate Rudy that much more. But there's probably still people that would rather have Porz because ThReE pOiNtErS and PPG.

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Watching Porzingis attempt to set screens makes me appreciate Rudy that much more. But there's probably still people that would rather have Porz because ThReE pOiNtErS and PPG.
    yea its the shaq idiot nba fans that think and this is shaqs words last night........ luka need s beal and a westy to help him.... the comments that responded were hilarious. Imagine beal and westy on the same team... OH WAIT... we have idiotic nba players like shaq spewing this dumb **** but then the same dumbass that is shaq constantloy destroys gobert even though he should be DPOY every year... And the best part is we have idiots on this forum that says well nba players opionions matter

Quote Originally Posted by JAZZNC View Post
    Porz is so incredibly soft now.

Rudy has always been underrated. People look at his game and focus on the holes and not the areas where he's elite and think they have torn him down. It's what always happens to players the NBA hasn't decided to promote.

yea its the shaq idiot nba fans that think and this is shaqs words last night........ luka need s beal and a westy to help him.... the comments that responded were hilarious. Imagine beal and westy on the same team... OH WAIT... we have idiotic nba players like shaq spewing this dumb **** but then the same dumbass that is shaq constantloy destroys gobert even though he should be DPOY every year... And the best part is we have idiots on this forum that says well nba players opionions matter
    Old NBA players are usually wrong. But if you look at sports writers the majority are short fat white guys and nobody wants to listen to them talk either.

Fire Carlisle

Hasnít done jack **** in a decade

And honestly, why is he still getting rewarded for that 1 championship?

Phil won titles with the Lakers in 00, 01, 02 and then lost the 04 finals and was fired.

What the hell gives Carlisle so much gravitas?

Quote Originally Posted by LaVar Ball View Post
    Fire Carlisle

Phil won titles with the Lakers in 00, 01, 02 and then lost the 04 finals and was fired.

Carlisle stuck with the team after Dirk fell off a cliff and the team had to rebuild. You can't knock the guy for not winning more when he was between superstars, and I'd argue he outperformed expectations most of those years post-Dirk's prime. This is the first time I can recall feeling like the Mavs have underperformed based on the talent on the floor, and given Luka's decline and Porzingis' injuries, I don't think it's without justification.

Firing Carlisle right now would be a huge mistake and an overreaction to a bad stretch at the start. There are not better head coaching options out there, and if they fired him, it would take him very little time to find a new job if he wanted one.

I dunno, though. I'd be curious to get the perspective of a Mavs fan. Is Carlisle to blame at all for this start, and is he getting criticized in Dallas right now?

I would say dallas because of the strenght of the Western conf, looks like in the East even a very bad team could be in the top 8.

Quote Originally Posted by LaVar Ball View Post
    Fire Carlisle

Who do you replace him with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Carlisle stuck with the team after Dirk fell off a cliff and the team had to rebuild. You can't knock the guy for not winning more when he was between superstars, and I'd argue he outperformed expectations most of those years post-Dirk's prime. This is the first time I can recall feeling like the Mavs have underperformed based on the talent on the floor, and given Luka's decline and Porzingis' injuries, I don't think it's without justification.

Firing Carlisle right now would be a huge mistake and an overreaction to a bad stretch at the start. There are not better head coaching options out there, and if they fired him, it would take him very little time to find a new job if he wanted one.

I dunno, though. I'd be curious to get the perspective of a Mavs fan. Is Carlisle to blame at all for this start, and is he getting criticized in Dallas right now?
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post

There are two sides when it comes to Mavs fans. About half want Carlisle gone and the other half think that is foolish.

Personally I donít think Carlisle is the real problem. Heís not entirely innocent for whatís gone down so far this year either though. The main problem is lack of talent. Theyíre just not good enough across the board. Carlisle has made his mistakes too though. They are relying too much on the 3 and not attacking the mid-range or posting up KP enough. Now how much of that is Carlisle not calling the play or how much of that is KP just not going down in the block and demanding the ball? I donít think there is one clear answer.

I will say that if Carlisle were to get fired at the end of the season (Cuban WILL NOT fire him mid-season) they will be a line out the door of teams scrambling to sign Carlisle. Heís very capable of taking a team to a title again. Personally Iíd still put him in the top 5 HCís in the league. That doesnít mean his message canít get stale though. If thatís the case maybe it is time to make a change even though Carlisle is a great HC.

I really doubt that Carlisle goes anywhere though, and Iím perfectly ok with that as a Mavs fan. This season has already been so wonky with all the Covid guys being out and no training camp or Summer League. I fully expect the Mavs to make some moves at the trade deadline if they continue to play bad.

luka cant hit 3s and is a massive negative on defense. They legit at this point need a joel/gobert/AD type center who will cover the paint and defende to help this dude cover up for his weakness... porz was a bad move man
    Your first point was good although Luka has now moved to 34% on 3's. Not good but not as bad as earlier in season. Your point on Luka defense is demonstrably incorrect this year. Unfortunately for Luka, his poor first season defense perception has stuck with him even though this year he is absolutely a plus player on defense. Check out his total points saved on defense and it's amongst the best for 3rd year players and absolutely the best on the Mavs. I am afraid even though he is getting steels, blocks and almost 9 defensive boards a game this misconception will persist because people dont watch games, look at actual analytics and listen too much to old snapshots with no adjustment for new data.

Luka actually the best defender this year in Total Points Saved on defense amongst all 3rd year players. Take a look at his divergence from Trae in total impact!

https://twitter.com/NBA_Math/status/...186245/photo/1
    Last edited by zookman65; 02-15-2021 at 03:17 AM.

Celtics

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

Quote Originally Posted by zookman65 View Post
    Your first point was good although Luka has now moved to 34% on 3's. Not good but not as bad as earlier in season. Your point on Luka defense is demonstrably incorrect this year. Unfortunately for Luka, his poor first season defense perception has stuck with him even though this year he is absolutely a plus player on defense. Check out his total points saved on defense and it's amongst the best for 3rd year players and absolutely the best on the Mavs. I am afraid even though he is getting steels, blocks and almost 9 defensive boards a game this misconception will persist because people dont watch games, look at actual analytics and listen too much to old snapshots with no adjustment for new data.

Luka actually the best defender this year in Total Points Saved on defense amongst all 3rd year players. Take a look at his divergence from Trae in total impact!

https://twitter.com/NBA_Math/status/...186245/photo/1
    It amazes me that people still have that perception of Luka. Whenever I see someone make that remarks the first thing I think is, that guy doesnít watch the games.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123