Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Which team is in greater danger of missing the playoffs?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dallas Mavericks

3 75.00%
  • Miami Heat

1 25.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    Heh, I was going to use a similar analogy for the Mavs but talk about their players. THJ, Burke, DFS, WCS were all awesome last year but they were more the exception than the average play for them.

Although I heard Tim Legler say something yesterday that's a little shocking when you hear it but then it starts to make sense:
    Luka has a touch of Harden in him that Luka plays at Luka's speed. He's been taking the ball up real slow, and it allows defenses to get set up and key in on certain things. He's not a good enough shooter to slow walk it and be a threat the second he crosses half court. Legs thinks what would help Luka is getting back to pushing it and playing at speed. Even though Luka is not an elite athlete, his ability to play faster than he is and create chaos by pushing your defense to react before it's set is whats his difference maker.
    I never got why some people were so high on Dallas as a possible contender just becuase Luka's in the running for MVP. Porzingis is still coming back to form. Richardson's stinking it up worse than he did in Philadelphia and isn't providing the defensive impact he was supposed to. All the main guys stink from outside except for Hardaway.

Honestly I haven’t paid any attention to the Heat this season. So all I can say is that the Mavs are in danger of missing the playoffs. Like the OP said there is reason for their bad record. They’ve only played 1 game where they’ve had all of their players available to them (the last game they played). They also have played more road games than any team in the NBA.

They are about to have a stretch where they will be playing like 12 of 15 games at home. They also have had some time for the Covid guys to get back into playing shape and get their legs under them. Also the guys that have been playing will finally get a reduction in minutes.

I think by the trade deadline the Mavs will be looking more like the Mavs we expected. But if they continue to play the way they have we will see some major changes when the trade deadline gets here. If they miss the playoffs they could see some major changes within the organization.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    I never got why some people were so high on Dallas as a possible contender just becuase Luka's in the running for MVP. Porzingis is still coming back to form. Richardson's stinking it up worse than he did in Philadelphia and isn't providing the defensive impact he was supposed to. All the main guys stink from outside except for Hardaway.
    Richardson was out for almost a month with Covid. When he’s been in and in shape he’s played very good defense. I think as we get closer to the trade deadline his play should improve along with the other guys that have been out for multiple weeks with Covid.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Richardson was out for almost a month with Covid. When he’s been in and in shape he’s played very good defense. I think as we get closer to the trade deadline his play should improve along with the other guys that have been out for multiple weeks with Covid.
    I guess you can't understate the impact of the virus on everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Honestly I haven’t paid any attention to the Heat this season. So all I can say is that the Mavs are in danger of missing the playoffs. Like the OP said there is reason for their bad record. They’ve only played 1 game where they’ve had all of their players available to them (the last game they played). They also have played more road games than any team in the NBA.

They are about to have a stretch where they will be playing like 12 of 15 games at home. They also have had some time for the Covid guys to get back into playing shape and get their legs under them. Also the guys that have been playing will finally get a reduction in minutes.

I think by the trade deadline the Mavs will be looking more like the Mavs we expected. But if they continue to play the way they have we will see some major changes when the trade deadline gets here. If they miss the playoffs they could see some major changes within the organization.

Well said.

I say Dallas because the West is tough. Miami can catch teams like the Hornets or Cavs for a playoff seed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    I say Dallas because the West is tough. Miami can catch teams like the Hornets or Cavs for a playoff seed.
    Miami has their 5 best players healthy and just lost to the Wizards.

I think they are in more trouble than people think.

Yes, it's clear Jimmy lost weight and is a step slow due to his time out with Covid-19. Dragić is also a step behind with his frequent foot problems. But aside from that they just suck.

Their front court is flawed without Crowder. They don't have that guy who can shoot and defend and switch 2-4. They can't stop turning over the ball, and when it matters they don't have a go to playmaker with Jimmy banged up.

I'd honestly rather Miami tank than try to turn it around.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    Miami has their 5 best players healthy and just lost to the Wizards.

I think they are in more trouble than people think.

Yes, it's clear Jimmy lost weight and is a step slow due to his time out with Covid-19. Dragic is also a step behind with his frequent foot problems. But aside from that they just suck.

Their front court is flawed without Crowder. They don't have that guy who can shoot and defend and switch 2-4. They can't stop turning over the ball, and when it matters they don't have a go to playmaker with Jimmy banged up.

I'd honestly rather Miami tank than try to turn it around.
    Miami doesn't have either of their own picks in this upcoming draft. Tanking is 100% pointless.

They have time to turn it around, and should try. They were just in the Finals 4 months ago. Why tank just to give other teams better draft picks?

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Miami doesn't have either of their own picks in this upcoming draft. Tanking is 100% pointless.

They have time to turn it around, and should try. They were just in the Finals 4 months ago. Why tank just to give other teams better draft picks?
    The pick has top 4 protection.

Quote Originally Posted by beasted86 View Post
    The pick has top 4 protection.
    Might wanna look a little closer.

"The*Thunder*will have the right to swap either their first-round pick*or*the Heat’s first-round pick for the*Rockets‘ first-round pick, but*only if*Houston’s pick doesn’t fall in the top four. In other words, if Houston gets a top-four pick, the Rockets will keep their own first-rounder; if not, the Thunder will get the two most favorable picks of their own, the Heat’s, and the Rockets’, and Houston will get the least favorable."

Like I say, the Heat do not own any picks in the upcoming draft as of today. Therefore, tanking is pointless and they should shoot for a top 10th seed out East.

Mavs just got blown out by the Warriors who were without their top 3 bigs not named Draymond.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Mavs just got blown out by the Warriors who were without their top 3 bigs not named Draymond.
    I saw that, what happened to all the bigs. Poor form by MAvs
    Last edited by Chronz; 02-05-2021 at 01:44 AM.

luka cant hit 3s and is a massive negative on defense. They legit at this point need a joel/gobert/AD type center who will cover the paint and defende to help this dude cover up for his weakness... porz was a bad move man

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    I saw that, what happened to all the bigs. Poor form by MAvs
    Sprained wrist, sprained ankle, sprained knee.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    luka cant hit 3s and is a massive negative on defense. They legit at this point need a joel/gobert/AD type center who will cover the paint and defende to help this dude cover up for his weakness... porz was a bad move man
    He does hit open 3s, he just takes too many contested 3s.

Injuries to their better defensive players, and they are really missing Seth Curry, Delon Wright, and Justin Jackson. People always discount the value of bench players.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast