Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What the other teams apparently offered

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2021/...-detroit-lions

Here’s what he notes about nine different teams interested in Stafford:

Rams initial offer was a 2022 first-round pick, Goff and an additional pick
    Washington Football Team offered their first-round pick (19th overall) + a third rounder
    Carolina Panthers offered their first-round pick (8th overall) + a later pick
    Indianapolis Colts offered packages of picks and players, but never their first-round pick (21st)
    San Francisco 49ers never made an official offer, but Breer believes the 12th overall pick was not going to be on the table
    Broncos discussed a pick-swap equating to a late first-round pick.
    Patriots and Bears both “checked in.” New England offered a second-round pick and a player
    Jets also “checked in.” When the Lions approached on Saturday, talks didn’t progress far
    There are a couple things to sift through here. First, if Breer’s reporting is accurate, it doesn’t look like the Lions truly had eight teams with a first-round pick on the table. It was more likely in the neighborhood of four or five.
    [img] [/img]
    ^Thanks for the memories #9^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

I think this was the best deal.

Carolina's #8 is so tempting but I'll take the extra pick over having 2 in one draft.

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Carolina's #8 is so tempting but I'll take the extra pick over having 2 in one draft.
    I like the deal we got because we have a qb now that will give us the option to not be forced to take a qb with the 7th, but man having the 7th and the 8th would have been really good too.
    2017 DRAFT GAME CHAMPION SUPREME!

is Stafford even healthy? has this been finalized? Wouldn't shock me if he failed a physical and it all comes crashing down

Goff might be good enough to keep us in purgatory, anyway, but at least we'd have a couple picks

Fingers crossed Staff passes the physical and then sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    I like the deal we got because we have a qb now that will give us the option to not be forced to take a qb with the 7th, but man having the 7th and the 8th would have been really good too.
    This.

Hopefully they add some quality pieces on both sides of the ball to build around.

is Stafford even healthy? has this been finalized? Wouldn't shock me if he failed a physical and it all comes crashing down

Goff might be good enough to keep us in purgatory, anyway, but at least we'd have a couple picks

Fingers crossed Staff passes the physical and then sucks!
    hahaha sounds like a total Lions move.

Stafford forced to retire, Lions get nothing (but they still owe Stafford $50 million).

Quote Originally Posted by whooligun View Post
    hahaha sounds like a total Lions move.

Stafford forced to retire, Lions get nothing (but they still owe Stafford $50 million).
    That would be so lions if it panned out that way.

I guess that is how we can find out if we are truly turning the corner. If this deal goes through the way we are hoping/ thinking/ praying then maybe just maybe Stafford WAS the chosen player to bring balance to the lions organization (Star Wars reference).
    [img] [/img]

Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    That would be so lions if it panned out that way.

I guess that is how we can find out if we are truly turning the corner. If this deal goes through the way we are hoping/ thinking/ praying then maybe just maybe Stafford WAS the chosen player to bring balance to the lions organization (Star Wars reference).
    Love IT

2016 PSD LIONS FORUM COMEBACK POSTER OF THE YEAR

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions Welcome to Detroit Brad Holmes and Welcome Back DCam aka The Dude. Thanks for the Memories Stafford.
    Detroit Tigers Welcome to Detroit AJ Hinch!
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball Thank You for the memories Coach Williams and Good Luck to Coach Davis!
    Florida State Seminoles Welcome to Tallahassee Mike Norvell!

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    agree with this. Depending on the direction of the new FO this may have been a better offer.

Seems like they're really playing the long game here. 2 future firsts and a QB that isn't great. (you can debate me on how good he is, but here is what I know. The rams had him for a decade and decided to give up a draft pick to let him go). I think this is what happens. Cambell has a 6 yr contract...Goff is here while we suck and while the team drafts actual talent. He will not be on the team if/when we end up winning some games.

Either way, I like the haul...and it was probably the best offer.

Quote Originally Posted by lizardking13 View Post
    agree with this. Depending on the direction of the new FO this may have been a better offer.

Seems like they're really playing the long game here. 2 future firsts and a QB that isn't great. (you can debate me on how good he is, but here is what I know. The rams had him for a decade and decided to give up a draft pick to let him go). I think this is what happens. Cambell has a 6 yr contract...Goff is here while we suck and while the team drafts actual talent. He will not be on the team if/when we end up winning some games.

Either way, I like the haul...and it was probably the best offer.
    I'm not going to debate with you how good he is but Goff was drafted #1 in 2016. He is turning 27 this year and like you said by the time we start contending for divisions he won't be around to see it. We have an out in 2023 and I think we can grab one of the top QBs next year. I trust this front office to do the right thing for the first time ever. I think this was the best deal and that having the 2 future firsts was better than the two we would have this year. We need to build a defense because that unit as we all know was atrocious last year.

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions Welcome to Detroit Brad Holmes and Welcome Back DCam aka The Dude. Thanks for the Memories Stafford.
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball Thank You for the memories Coach Williams and Good Luck to Coach Davis!

Quote Originally Posted by vader817 View Post
    I'm not going to debate with you how good he is but Goff was drafted #1 in 2016. He is turning 27 this year and like you said by the time we start contending for divisions he won't be around to see it. We have an out in 2023 and I think we can grab one of the top QBs next year. I trust this front office to do the right thing for the first time ever. I think this was the best deal and that having the 2 future firsts was better than the two we would have this year. We need to build a defense because that unit as we all know was atrocious last year.
    That's fair. It was 5 years ago. But still, the rams had 5 years to figure out if they liked him, but they still gave away a first rounder in order to get rid of him. The way I think this trade was structured was
    1st + 3rd = Stafford
    1st = unload goff.

That's fair. It was 5 years ago. But still, the rams had 5 years to figure out if they liked him, but they still gave away a first rounder in order to get rid of him. The way I think this trade was structured was
    1st + 3rd = Stafford
    1st = unload goff
    That is what I thought as well.

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings

1st + 3rd = Stafford
    1st = unload goff.
    I think it’s more like stafford was worth two 1st rounders (that hold less value because they’re 2-3 years out) and taking on Goff’s contract was worth a third round pick.

I read somewhere that Carolinas first round was worth two late round picks.
    [img] [/img]

Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    I think it’s more like stafford was worth two 1st rounders (that hold less value because they’re 2-3 years out) and taking on Goff’s contract was worth a third round pick.

I read somewhere that Carolinas first round was worth two late round picks.
    maybe. It's tough for me to buy that we got 2 firs rounders for stafford.

but we'll never really know for sure, so I can't say much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast