Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Lol id flip Randle nothing wrong with it but not until we know obi is ready im definitely not trading Randle this year unless a trade blows us away or we fall to bottom 3
    Honestly obi looks like a bench player.

Not saying that in a bad way, but he more comes off to me as an energy scorer off the bench than a starter. But well see.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post

Not saying that in a bad way, but he more comes off to me as an energy scorer off the bench than a starter. But well see.
    Bro dudes a rookie alot of guys looked trash ther rookie year especially bigs even Randle took a couple years to develop

Quote Originally Posted by TakeAnotherL View Post

Have to give Obi some time the way this team is constructed he has no place but once Randle gone heíll have his chance. I think his ceiling is an athletic Paul Milsap

Quote Originally Posted by east fb knicks View Post
    Bro dudes a rookie alot of guys looked trash ther rookie year especially bigs even Randle took a couple years to develop
    Hes an old rookie though, and I'm not even knocking him because he looks like trash.

His game just looks more like an off the bench guy to me than a full time starter.

I honestly canít believe what Iím reading from some of you .
    Listen we had the cap before randle signed here as a free agent and were we able to land anyone notable ?
    I donít think so . As a matter of fact Julius randle was the only guy who was actually willing to join the Knicks . And he had other offers as well but he wanted to be a Knick. So now that he is in the 2nd year of his contract and is balling out like crazy , now you people want to trade him ? After he was the only who wanted to be here .
    Let me ask this ....
    who else are you going to get here that will be as productive for the amount of money we are paying him ?
    Yíall are bugging yo straight up !!
    Not to mention that this team would be hot trash if it werenít for him having a career season

Randle some said early on to small a sample size, ok legit

It's now 22 games, I think we can start to say this could be the Randle moving forward. That said:

3 point FG% is 37%, the league average is 35%, so a guy that has his inside game, and mid range jumper shooting above league average for a PF/C is not good?

FT%- Well his career is 73% and now shooting 81% for a guy who can get to the line often,

Rebounding, 9.1 for his career which is good, now he's upped it to 11.1 which is very good

assists for his career was 3 for a PF/C was ok, nothing special but ok, now he's at 6 on the worst shooting team in the league, well that is a huge jump to be honest, because no one can deny he's hit wide open players who just flat out miss shots, so more than any other team, so again his ball movement is his biggest change to his game.

Defense, used to be a weakness now he's a + in that category.

PER- career is 17.8 and this year he's up to 20.4

His fouls are way down and playing better defense so win there as well.

With all the above I'm not sure what or who replaces that and what PF would actually make RJ better? In my opinion RJ is coming along really well and has Randle to thank for it, think about how much pressure is off this young kid? No Randle means a hell of a lot more focus on RJ and he wouldn't have this growth he's enjoyed this season.

Also seems like with IQ when on the court with Randle, Randle allows this rookie to handle the rock a lot more than anyone else we've seen, so there is that and I for one would like to see a lot more of this combo with RJ and Burks and Mitch.

yea unless there is a pretty good package coming back having Randle locked up basically on the cheap he's going nowhere;

Steve Popper
    @StevePopper

19h
    Knicks get another nominee - Embiid named Eastern Conference player of the month and Julius Randle was a nominee.
    Steve Popper
    @StevePopper

19h
    Kings guard Tyrese Haliburton and Charlotte Hornets guard LaMelo Ball have been named Kia NBA Western and Eastern Conference Rookie of the Month, respectively, for December and January. Immanuel Quickley was an EC nominee - along with Maxey, Okoro, Anthony and Patrick Williams

I just want guys that want to be here. He came here when no one else would.

Quote Originally Posted by THE MTL View Post
    I just want guys that want to be here. He came here when no one else would.
    Was anyone offering him close to the money? He declined $9 million player option with Pelicans to sign a $63 million dollar 3 year deal with us. How much of it was "he wanted NY" vs. "NY offered the most $"?

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    Was anyone offering him close to the money? He declined $9 million player option with Pelicans to sign a $63 million dollar 3 year deal with us. How much of it was "he wanted NY" vs. "NY offered the most $"?
    Fair question

I also think if we were that quick, focused, and direct with other players, we would get more of our targets. Seems we play the slow ďlet it developĒ strategy too often

Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    good point but to be fair he took a 3 yr deal but only 4m was guaranteed in year 3 and we did hear other teams had interest.

My take is it was both and going to the Knicks he may of thought gave him the best opportunity for his next contract, seems to have been the right decision one would have to say.

So to be fair if another team offered him 14m for 3yr's which is far from out of touch, probably more in reality even 15 but at 14m it was a break even in guaranteed monies.

Jokes. Randle took the highest offer period. No agent worth his salt would have let him do otherwise.

He's outperformed his contract which is probably a first in Knicks history but I don't think he gets points for "wanting to be here" lol.

I don't feel it's jokes tbh, the facts not opinions actually tell a different story, but it's all based on individuals takes, right?

From SI:

Free agent forward Julius Randle has agreed to a three-year, $63 million contract with the New York Knicks, ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski reported on Sunday.

Randle, 24, received interest from the Bulls and Nets before agreeing to sign with the Knicks.

Lets review, he has no guarantee from the Knicks for year 3. He had two other teams interested in him. He got 18, and 19m with only a 4m guarantee for year 3.

And just one year prior the Bulls gave the great Jabari Parker just off surgery in his Knees a 2 year 40 mil contract.

So what did the Bulls have to do once they didn't get Randle? They signed Thaddeus yong to a three year, 41m contract. In my opinion I think it's safe to say Randle had more value than Thaddeus and he got 13.7 per.

Based on the Young signing I'd say again in my opinion it wasn't just the money but a combination of both.

Facts above kind of show that.
    Last edited by still a fan; 02-03-2021 at 05:30 PM.

Thaddeus Young Stats for 2018-2019 season prior to FA: 31 years old

31 min per
    12.6 points
    2.5 assists
    6.5 boards

Randle: 24 years old
    31 min
    21.4 pts
    3.1 assists
    8.7 boards

I think it comes down to 2 things:

1) do you think randle can sustain playing at this level, especially on a winning team?
    2) do we have someone to replace him?

The issue right now is #2. Toppin looks like heís lost. I still canít believe we tried to trade up to get him, it makes me kind of worried about rose. Knox looked pretty good early and I thought we might be able to play him as a stretch 4 at some point, but heís out of the rotation.

I would trade Randle for the right package. We have a team option on him so we can wait until the off-season, we donít need to force a trade now.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast