Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I think there’s some truth to the whole “culture” thing, but it basically boils down to if a team and their pieces are good lol. The Nets developed a “winning culture” by being a .500 team once? It’s like a kind of tag line everyone likes to repeat

If we went ahead and were close to .500, we are now a “winning culture”? Or did we just have players play better? Players say they like a teams culture, instead of saying “who wants to play on a horrible team”. It just sounds better

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    To be honest, I don’t think other really good NBA players are saying “I can’t wait to team up with Randle”

But if we believe Randles play is reasonably sustainable, it’s tough to trade him at what he will cost next year. Also, tough to get back good value for him. He’s played like a borderline all-star. Don’t know that everyone would treat him as such when dealing with us

I’d be surprised if we dealt him
    The Thread didn't intend to see if FA's are clamoring to play with Randle. It asks the question, "If we trade him away do they see us as continuing to be a losing organization?". Remember that all prognosticators were saying FA's don't want to come here because we haven't developed a winning culture. We're starting to finally TRY TO WIN...what a concept !!

I think there’s some truth to the whole “culture” thing, but it basically boils down to if a team and their pieces are good lol. The Nets developed a “winning culture” by being a .500 team once? It’s like a kind of tag line everyone likes to repeat

If we went ahead and were close to .500, we are now a “winning culture”? Or did we just have players play better? Players say they like a teams culture, instead of saying “who wants to play on a horrible team”. It just sounds better
    But can they see that Thibs is getting the most out of his players? If so, then we're on the right path.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeFanAlways View Post
    The Thread didn't intend to see if FA's are clamoring to play with Randle. It asks the question, "If we trade him away do they see us as continuing to be a losing organization?". Remember that all prognosticators were saying FA's don't want to come here because we haven't developed a winning culture. We're starting to finally TRY TO WIN...what a concept !!
    Well you are asking about how it will be viewed if we deal him, right?

I don’t think it will make any difference how we are viewed by dealing him, so how isn’t that relevant to your question? I think that’s answering it..

If someone is coming here, it’s because they like the coach, and they like the young pieces we have. I then discussed the issues with dealing Randle. It’s not about the optics, it’s basically about us likely not getting fair value back for him. Players won’t say “look at them screwing up again, I can’t believe they dumped him”. But if we don’t get back a good player, or a haul of picks, what’s the point?

Yes a culture change can happen in 1 season. I definitely think if we ended the season with a top 5 defense and a winning record that people would make a big deal about the change in culture with Thibs. You don't have to win the NBA Finals to have a winning culture. You just have to be a competitive team that plays hard. Quickley-RJ-Randle-Mitch could be a core of 4 players that accomplish that goal.

Kristaps Porzingis
    Stronger than most 15 year old girls.

Randle is going anywhere anytime soon, unless there is a trade that gives us a better player without giving up any other asset, now does that sound like even a possibility?

and Dr. Det? What did you smoke lol, I agree you picked two examples totally not helping your cause. without changing the culture, without developing young talent why would 2 superstars even come close to wanting to go there?

Prime example, they could have chosen the Mecca, the Garden, and been responsible for taking the worst team in the last decades to a high level, that wasn't a consideration, because they looked at the culture and the players that didn't develop.

LeVert, Allen, Dinwiddie, Harris, etc.........who did that? Kenny, and he developed a PG that was a disaster when he came into the league and that trade made it happen.

Well you are asking about how it will be viewed if we deal him, right?

I don’t think it will make any difference how we are viewed by dealing him, so how isn’t that relevant to your question? I think that’s answering it..

If someone is coming here, it’s because they like the coach, and they like the young pieces we have. I then discussed the issues with dealing Randle. It’s not about the optics, it’s basically about us likely not getting fair value back for him. Players won’t say “look at them screwing up again, I can’t believe they dumped him”. But if we don’t get back a good player, or a haul of picks, what’s the point?
    You don't think it makes any difference at all to an upcoming FA if we dump an all star level player for a pick at the deadline?

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    You don't think it makes any difference at all to an upcoming FA if we dump an all star level player for a pick at the deadline?
    I don’t think he’s the key to us “recruiting”, so to speak. Barrett and Quickley are. But if we dropped Randle, but added a big FA along with a very good support guy, what’s the difference? He is the only real way we are getting another top level player anyway, by trading his money(and his value), or by declining the option

I also said I don’t see it making sense for us to deal him, as I don’t think he will return equal value. How much a return you think he’s getting? And who’s giving up a haul to get him?

I also don’t see much out there for us to sign that we should be letting make decisions for us. Who we letting shape our roster? You letting Oladipo come in and demand a max deal AND tell us who to sign, trade, and keep? I don’t see one guy, unless you’re telling me you think Kawhi is opting out and coming here

End of the day, make your moves, who cares what FA think. We strike out anyway, can’t depend on it
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 02-02-2021 at 03:19 PM.

I mean, Kevin Durant talked about how the trading of Porzingis influenced his decision...take that for what it's worth.

Julius Randle being traded would sink the interest of a lot of players and coaches on the Knicks.

While it's only been a dozen games, 22 year old Obi Toppin looked lost. Nothing at all like Amare or Blake Griffin whose freakish bodies took the NBA by storm.

Julius Randle's minutes have no shot at being cut.

Then they proceed to get rid of everyone who was responsible for that "culture" and create their own. It's all buzzwords.

Quote Originally Posted by smood999 View Post
    Then they proceed to get rid of everyone who was responsible for that "culture" and create their own. It's all buzzwords.
    Exactly what I meant, thank you

A star is looking at the surrounding cast, sure. But not because of any “culture”. They dumped the coach, dumped half the team. Then went ahead and traded for Harden, and moved even more of what created “culture”.

If RJ, Mitch, and Randle weren’t improved, and IQ wasn’t here, our “culture” would still be non-existent
    Last edited by ShadyOne; 02-02-2021 at 08:43 PM.

Exactly what I meant, thank you

A star is looking at the surrounding cast, sure. But not because of any “culture”. They dumped the coach, dumped half the team. Then went ahead and traded for Harden, and moved even more of what created “culture”.

If RJ, Mitch, and Randle weren’t improved, and IQ wasn’t here, our “culture” would still be non-existent
    I think players want to go somewhere they feel they can win. That gets translated to the buzzword of “culture”. I think it’s fair to say players don’t want to come save a franchise from ruin. I also think the NY Media blitzkrieg does scare players off from joining something that isn’t ready made to win.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I think players want to go somewhere they feel they can win. That gets translated to the buzzword of “culture”. I think it’s fair to say players don’t want to come save a franchise from ruin. I also think the NY Media blitzkrieg does scare players off from joining something that isn’t ready made to win.
    Stars don’t, if they can help it. They also want to team up with the “right” other stars. There are only so many our there. I also think that at some point, you need to get players that want to be here, not ones that need to be sold on coming.

I think hes def earned a long term deal if he keeps this up all season.

But I also think RJ would be much better without him.

I dont think any good teams start more than 1 bad 3 pt shooter anymore.

Look at the top 5 or 6 teams this year, and they are all among the top in all 3 pt categories.

Yall can fight it all you want but you have to hit the 3 ball in todays game.

Lol id flip Randle nothing wrong with it but not until we know obi is ready im definitely not trading Randle this year unless a trade blows us away or we fall to bottom 3

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast