Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 50 of 54 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ChitownbullsBG7 View Post
    They might. NBA front offices voted beal then him most likely to change a teams playoff outlook if traded.
    What could a playoff team really offer the bulls? Mid-late 1st? Iíd rather keep thad than receive a late 1st. Making the playoffs this season is extremely important for the growth of the team as well as the perception around the league. Thad is their 2nd best player as crazy as that is

Quote Originally Posted by KG2TB View Post
    What could a playoff team really offer the bulls? Mid-late 1st? Iíd rather keep thad than receive a late 1st. Making the playoffs this season is extremely important for the growth of the team as well as the perception around the league. Thad is their 2nd best player as crazy as that is
    If you can get a pick or 2 or a pick and a young guy I think you do it. Can always bring Thad back in FA. It'd be nice to build a little war chest before we really try to make a run.

Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    If you can get a pick or 2 or a pick and a young guy I think you do it. Can always bring Thad back in FA. It'd be nice to build a little war chest before we really try to make a run.
    I get it but trading thad basically ensures you donít make the playoffs. I think that would be a step backwards. The playoff experience would help these young guys. It would have to be a super enticing offer. Multiple 2nds or late 1st and a 2nd doesnít move the needle for me

I don't even know that I would say sixth man is his calling. He's definitely not a pure PG and trying to turn him into one def is not his game. But look at Jamal Murray his first couple of years. Very in line with Coby and I don't think anyone would suggest Murray should be a 6th man. With LaVine's play making and ball security improving, and the ball movement in general, especially with Thad, I'm not convinced the Bulls NEED a pure PG. As long as Coby continues to get more comfortable offensively, knowing when to push, when to slow it down, when to be aggressive etc, I don't think he needs to move to the bench. Homey definitely needs to improve his defense though. It's absolutely brutal. Either way, at this point in his development, at 20 years of age and tasked with new responsibilities and a new system, I'm happy with his development to this point. Definitely trending in the right direction.
    We might not need one with how Billy D is running rotations, but I sure would like to see Sato start to see if we could get off to better starts than we have been.

As it is now, Coby and Lavine play about 5 to start together. Sato comes in for Coby. Then Coby comes in for Lavine. Then Arci comes in for Sato in the 2nd Q to bridge the gap before they bring Lavine back in, then finish the last few minutes with Sato/Coby/Lavine. This might help visualize it better:

Coby/Zach
    Sato/Zach
    Sato/Coby
    Arci/Coby
    Arci/Lavine
    Coby/Lavine/Sato

They limit Coby/Zach with Coby as the only PG to 5 minutes to start the game only. Every other rotation had either Sato or Arci in.

February 2021 Game Thread

Bulls have been getting off to good starts lately. Was def a problem earlier in the year for sure.

Basically. The only playoff team that could give us a great future asset is the Warriors. They have that Wolves 1st that will likely be a 2022 Unprotected 1st or they have Wiseman. But they don't seem interested in trading away those 2 young assets for short term success.

Quote Originally Posted by dabears34ft View Post
    Basically. The only playoff team that could give us a great future asset is the Warriors. They have that Wolves 1st that will likely be a 2022 Unprotected 1st or they have Wiseman. But they don't seem interested in trading away those 2 young assets for short term success.
    I donít blame them. Thad doesnít push them to a championship

Quote Originally Posted by ds637 View Post
    If we traded Thad after he brought us back to life, he sure as hell wouldn't come back lol. Players hold grudges. Guys don't always like getting traded. I'm sure he loves the role he has with us too. He's getting the respect that he deserves.

I donít blame them. Thad doesnít push them to a championship
    Thad and a healthy Lauri would be interesting in Golden State, but probably not enough without Klay. I do think Lauri would Flourish with Steph and Klay though.

I think the Warriors are probably ok with being decent this year, and going for 1 more 3-4 year run with Steph and Klay starting next year. They could wait until the lottery balls fall, and decided what they wanna do with that pick. They are also set up to pass the torch from Steph/Klay to That 1st and Wiseman in 4-5 years, if they get a great player from that pick. They don't really have to do anything.

Isnít it better to hold to young until the draft? Maybe we can use him to trade up to draft A good PG or some other need? Just food for thought!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bears88 View Post
    Isnít it better to hold to young until the draft? Maybe we can use him to trade up to draft A good PG or some other need? Just food for thought!

Yeah we shouldnít trade Young this season for sure. Not even sure if we should at all. We can bring him back in 2022, and he will have a few good years left I think. Heís been playing good for years, and last year was mostly on coaching and bad usage IMO. Him and Zach are the reason we are playing well.

Quote Originally Posted by bears88 View Post

Only thing about trading him for a draft pick is, the teams with that high of a pick donít need a 33 year old veteran. Only exception being the Warriors, and that Wolves pick is top 3 protected. I havenít researched enough to know what PGs outside of Suggs and Cunningham are going to be in the top 15 and those 2 might not make it to the 4th pick.

From what Iíve seen, there is a big PG drop off. I like Jared Butler late as a bench PG in a Jalen Bronson type role. But we can get him with our pick. My favorite players ranked after 15 are Kispert, Butker, Dosumnu. One guy Iíve been watching as a 2nd round wing is Chris Duarte from Oregon

Big game tonight! I think we match up well with the Suns, with the exception of Paul Vs our PGs.

Thad/Kornet Vs Crowder/Kaminski/Saric
    Lavine Vs Booker
    Pat Vs Mikal
    Wendell Vs Ayton
    Temple/Denzel Vs Cam/Etwan
    White/Sato Vs Paul/Payne

Ayton doesnít assert himself on offense and plays soft at times so donít see Wendell at a huge disadvantage.

I wonder if theyíd use Booker on Temple and Mikal on Lavine for defense? Same for us? Do we use Temple on Booker and Lavine on Mikal?

We need to take advantage of Kaminski Vs Pat early. Draw up some plays for Pat where Kaminski canít keep up.

What Crowder gets from 3 should be nullified with Thad eating down low.

God help Coby tonight. Paul eating him alive might be our downfall. We need our bench to win big when Cam Payne comes in late 1st early 2nd. Thatís our time to make a move.
    Last edited by dabears34ft; 02-26-2021 at 07:08 PM.

Wendell...youíre a huge, strong, 7 foot man...could you learn how to keep hold of the basketball?

Page 50 of 54 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast