Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    freidman claimed by penguins. great. shoudlve had him stay and not sign braun

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    the teams that were hit the hardest by the VGK draft were the ones that protected 8 skaters instead of 10, or worked out a deal with VGK to protect whoever they wanted.

it's just not worth it.

w/r/t ekholm, it would be malpractice for the flyers to make a trade for a defenseman of that caliber before the expansion draft. i'm not saying it's not needed; i'm not saying it's not good; i'm just saying it really has to wait until the offseason.
    +1, just wait and get him after the expansion. he should be cheaper as well being on a 1 year instead of a 2 year deal

Hexy will grab any of his players he drafted if we try to put them on waivers to send them down. Try it with Morin and see if it's true.

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    Hexy will grab any of his players he drafted if we try to put them on waivers to send them down. Try it with Morin and see if it's true.
    Homer drafted Morin

hearing that friedman was claimed literally dropped my jaw. i could not imagine why a team would go out of their way for him...and then you reminded me about hextall. it's just hilarious. because of course, *that* would be the reason friedman got claimed.

i don't even mind. i know this is something that people do when they get to a new team, but it is just so funny to me.

i have to retract my previous well-wishes, though. i now hope friedman plays exactly one game for PIT, is on the ice for 6 goals against, and then never plays in the NHL again.
    Last edited by steagles; 02-24-2021 at 07:57 PM.

that's an impressively terrible goal for elliott to cough up.

Giroux looked awesome this game for what it's worth. That was pretty impressive. Hopefully he continues to play with that tenacity. I like Patrick playing on his line too. Nice chemistry.

Keep Patrick on the wing. I hate to say it but when Braun is back sit Myers for a game and only 1 game. At least they were shooting the puck and won the game still missing 5 forwards.

Keep Patrick on the wing. I hate to say it but when Braun is back sit Myers for a game and only 1 game. At least they were shooting the puck and won the game still missing 5 forwards.
    Why are we sitting Myers?

No stats to back it up, just what I seen during the game. Just a night watching from above might help some. Seemed like he was fighting it all night and missed picking up his guy a couple of times. On a good note, Ghost looks like he is starting to get his game back, just wish they would switch him and Provy on the PP or take Provy off the PP completely.

No stats to back it up, just what I seen during the game. Just a night watching from above might help some. Seemed like he was fighting it all night and missed picking up his guy a couple of times. On a good note, Ghost looks like he is starting to get his game back, just wish they would switch him and Provy on the PP or take Provy off the PP completely.
    You don't sit Myers because he struggled one night. You send him back out there and tell him to get it together. I agree that he had a tough game and was out of position a few times, but so was Hagg on the PK (on at least one goal and 2 other opportunities this was evident).

I know it would mess with the expansion situation, but what would it take to even get Eckholm? I hate the expansion draft being this year...I wish it was last year Haha...Part of me thinks we should trade JVR while his value is high and get some draft capital or use him in a package to get Eichel or something.

Part of me thinks we should trade JVR while his value is high and get some draft capital or use him in a package to get Eichel or something
    i'm not sure JVR's value is much higher now than it was before the season, despite his current production. he's still over 30, with 2 years on his contract after this one, and he's never been a true top line threat. so i'd be surprised if he had significant value around the league.

but if you just want to get out from under the rest of his contract, that should be doable.

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    You don't sit Myers because he struggled one night. You send him back out there and tell him to get it together. I agree that he had a tough game and was out of position a few times, but so was Hagg on the PK (on at least one goal and 2 other opportunities this was evident).

I know it would mess with the expansion situation, but what would it take to even get Eckholm? I hate the expansion draft being this year...I wish it was last year Haha...Part of me thinks we should trade JVR while his value is high and get some draft capital or use him in a package to get Eichel or something.
    A lot of comparables I've seen are in the realm of a jake muzzin deal:
    Carl Grundstrom, Sean Durzito and the Leafs first-round pick.

Basically a 1st and two b-ish level prospects.

Not to jump the gun, but is Zayde Wisdom actually good?

Not to jump the gun, but is Zayde Wisdom actually good?
    maybe? if strome or laberge or bunnaman were doing what he's doing, would you think they were actually good, or would you just think they had a few good games?

basically, it's way too soon to tell. but maybe. #hottake

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast