Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    if they knew it was serious, they sure as hell didn't tell anyone. patrick was listed as "week to week" at the start of training camp last year.
    yeah, but that's a problem that can't be solved until after the expansion draft.
    that team never felt like it played as well as their record indicated, so matching it this year, let alone exceeding it, was always going to be more difficult than a lot of people thought.
    he was listed as week to week the whole year lmao (it feels like). they knew it was serious..maybe not whol year but at least half

Quote Originally Posted by jc27 View Post
    Morin is a bust.
    100000%. Can we just move on from this dude? Let him have a career in the minor league and be done with it already. Do we not have anyone better to call up than him? He is pure garbage as a forward

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    i have to say, i am kind of excited to see sushko and kase in the lineup.
    i was excited to sushko as well but his linemates are garbage. Really wish allison and frost weren't injured. The lineup would be much better with those two in instead of morin/andreaoff

Move Morin back to D and let him there. Everyone says the bigger guys need time, so let him play in the AHL until his contract is up and let him walk or try to trade him for a late round draft pick.

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    None of our prospects have the potential to be elite or superstar level ... we need some sort of upgrade to bring in a difference maker, and we are going to need to give up salary (established vet) and prospects to make it happen ...

Couturier and G are in the final years of the deals next year ... and I think Couturier should ask for 8m/year for 6 years ... some big money has to move to keep couturier or you got to considering dealing him in a package for someone elite in return. Couturier will be impossible to replace.

Any time now Fletch ... youíre up
    couts and hart need big contracts but giroux is almost done, gus is gone, someone will be taken in expansion (hopefully jvr and that 7 mill), raffl and laughton might be gone (nak is raffl's replacement already) and im not giving laughton anything more than a 4th line C salary. If he wants that he can leave. Then we have niskanens gone, no more salary retention, more elc's coming in...we should be more than fine.

Quote Originally Posted by jc27 View Post
    Morin is a bust.
    He has been for years. Pulock was a huge miss ... RHD that shoots 100+ mph ... stupid Homer

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    He has been for years. Pulock was a huge miss ... RHD that shoots 100+ mph ... stupid Homer
    rather have theodore, mantha, bjorkstarnd but ya what a terrible pick

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    ...how is that homerism? lol When it's the good half of a team (during a pandemic) doesn't the NHL have a responsibility to the fans to make sure they're giving the best product possible. Just wait the 5 days remaining for guys like G and Jake to come off the list is all I'm saying. Guys like Kase and Andreoff were just flying around almost aimlessly. Morin looked lost for most of the game. Sushko was invisible. I don't even know who else was in the lineup really.

On that note jc, I agree now. Morin is a bust. I was holding out hope for him, but, like I said, he looked lost last night.
    The taxi squad was designed exactly for this purpose. The flyers were only short 5 or 6 skaters. The taxi squad houses more than that. There's been teams playing in this exact situation.

The flyers were lucky the NHL allowed them to postpone any games at all.

Only guys that caught my eye were Kase and Andreoff.

Kase because he has the skillset offensively to be a pesky third line winger. Unfortunately he looked completely lost in his own end. Likely why he hasn't had a true look yet.

Andreoff is fine as a 14th forward for 4th line minutes when needed. He's not someone you want to see in the lineup but he's not going to kill in short samples.

Sushko can't move. Morin needs quite a bit more time to learn the position. I don't hate the idea, just think it's asking way too much of him right now.

This is just bad hockey. The two goals were lucky bounces for us. This game was stacked against us from the start...

I know they are short handed but Hart should be in the press box for a bunch of games if not sent back the AHL. Elliot should be the starter with Lyons the back up, not giving up on Hart but he's having a horrible year. Also need to address the D, Provy needs to be off the first PP and Friedman should be starting over Gust.

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    I know they are short handed but Hart should be in the press box for a bunch of games if not sent back the AHL. Elliot should be the starter with Lyons the back up, not giving up on Hart but he's having a horrible year. Also need to address the D, Provy needs to be off the first PP and Friedman should be starting over Gust.
    Aren't you one of the same people who complained when Konecny got benched for a game?

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    This is just bad hockey. The two goals were lucky bounces for us. This game was stacked against us from the start...
    I agree with the premise of bad hockey.

Disagree entirely with the lucky bounce thing. Both goals were legit.

Quote Originally Posted by lbz88 View Post
    Enough with that nonsense. Hart had a bad game. For whatever reason, he's had a bad time against Boston. He's 5-1-1 with a .919 sv% against everyone else. Boston just has him right now. Tonight was a weird outdoor game and he seemed like he wasn't picking up the puck. 1/2 the team is out, they missed a ton of time and haven't been able to be practicing...just throw this away. Don't be so reactionary.

What good does sending Hart to AHL accomplish? It sends easily your most talented goalie to the minors because of punishment for a bad game? Come on. If there was something in his game he was so bad at right now that he needed to fundamentally go back to AHL to work on things? Let's talk. But tonight was a bad game in what was probably the weirdest of circumstances possible. Live in reality where not everything has to be so extreme. How about instead of going to the extremes you just say "hmm, Carter was really bad against the Bruins tonight. Maybe we should start Brian Elliot next game we play against Boston?". That seems way more reasonable than sending Hart to the AHL and replacing him with Alex Lyon. The definition of "organizational depth".

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 02-22-2021 at 12:44 AM.

top priority should be trading or getting a defenman asap to help anybody... we have Prov and trash right night. So much for gus bouncing back or Ghost ever being good right? How much longer are we gonna give ghost time exactly because of that 1 great season?

We have prov and then 2 alright guys in myers and sanhiem and then literally the worst defenseman in the NHL in ghost/gus/hagg/braun... Yet somehow we are fine with this? We knew this last year by the way except the the few gus and ghost omg they got points a few years ago people. STOOOOOOOOOOOOOP We are going to destroy carter hart

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Enough with that nonsense. Hart had a bad game. For whatever reason, he's had a bad time against Boston. He's 5-1-1 with a .919 sv% against everyone else. Boston just has him right now. Tonight was a weird outdoor game and he seemed like he wasn't picking up the puck. 1/2 the team is out, they missed a ton of time and haven't been able to be practicing...just throw this away. Don't be so reactionary.

What good does sending Hart to AHL accomplish? It sends easily your most talented goalie to the minors because of punishment for a bad game? Come on. If there was something in his game he was so bad at right now that he needed to fundamentally go back to AHL to work on things? Let's talk. But tonight was a bad game in what was probably the weirdest of circumstances possible. Live in reality where not everything has to be so extreme. How about instead of going to the extremes you just say "hmm, Carter was really bad against the Bruins tonight. Maybe we should start Brian Elliot next game we play against Boston?". That seems way more reasonable than sending Hart to the AHL and replacing him with Alex Lyon. The definition of "organizational depth".

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    Hart had a bad game but the announcers even stated the kid is being hung out to dry... OUR DEFENSE IS *** OUTSIDE OF 1 GUY.... I am with you about the short handed stuff... **** that. OUR defense isnt short handed. They are just bad.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast