Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post

the flyers could have waited for laughton or patrick or vorobyev to develop into a 2nd line center, but they went out and got kevin hayes instead, and they solved the problem. solving problems: often underrated.

i don't see this as the kind of problem that needs to be solved because we do have those guys that you mentioned (also: ghost and sanheim, because when they're in form, they have the kind of offensive spark i'm talking about). that being said, i'm not eager to punt the rest of this season on the hope that someone in that group will step up. if it's not happening, i'd lean towards being proactive.
    well this is incorrect. They were perfectly fine with having Patrick take 2c reigns IF he was healthy. They obviously knew it was serious and had to adjust quickly (at least this is what I think occurred). My thoughts are that these young players that we have are still that...young. I do not want to trade two of farabee, frost, Patrick for a player when its just too early. They are all getting better every day/season. I would definitely lean towards being proactive another way. Trade a first round pick + another vet for an upgrade. Keep the young guys/top prospects (york, frost) out of it and find a way to make that upgrade.

Peter Baugh @Peter_Baugh
    Here’s @andreburakovsky crushing Pierre-Edouard Bellemare’s dreams and telling him that February’s Lake Tahoe game will not be played on the lake. #Avs
    https://twitter.com/Peter_Baugh/stat...98440605782022

Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    well this is incorrect. They were perfectly fine with having Patrick take 2c reigns IF he was healthy. They obviously knew it was serious and had to adjust quickly (at least this is what I think occurred). My thoughts are that these young players that we have are still that...young. I do not want to trade two of farabee, frost, Patrick for a player when its just too early. They are all getting better every day/season. I would definitely lean towards being proactive another way. Trade a first round pick + another vet for an upgrade. Keep the young guys/top prospects (york, frost) out of it and find a way to make that upgrade.
    None of our prospects have the potential to be elite or superstar level ... we need some sort of upgrade to bring in a difference maker, and we are going to need to give up salary (established vet) and prospects to make it happen ...

Couturier and G are in the final years of the deals next year ... and I think Couturier should ask for 8m/year for 6 years ... some big money has to move to keep couturier or you got to considering dealing him in a package for someone elite in return. Couturier will be impossible to replace.

Any time now Fletch ... you’re up

Can't wait to see the team they put on the ice. 7 players out. Hopefully Hart & Elliot can steal these games.

Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    None of our prospects have the potential to be elite or superstar level ... we need some sort of upgrade to bring in a difference maker, and we are going to need to give up salary (established vet) and prospects to make it happen ...

Couturier and G are in the final years of the deals next year ... and I think Couturier should ask for 8m/year for 6 years ... some big money has to move to keep couturier or you got to considering dealing him in a package for someone elite in return. Couturier will be impossible to replace.

Any time now Fletch ... you’re up
    You've lost it without PEM here to keep you reigned in imo over the past two years.

This isn't a video game. Couts and giroux will essentially trade AAVs on their next contracts. The difference will be made up by not paying someone like Gustafson 3 million.

This is still mostly the team that finished 6th in points last season with a 23 year old goalie we're banking on the be Carey Price.

They need a top four RHd dman and a legitimate breakout scheme. The same thing that's always plauged AV.

Ideally a few of the healthy kids breakout and become bonafide top 6 forwards with consistency.

Buckle up tonight watching this game filled with ahl caliber forwards. This might be extremely frustrating. Worst case scenario, this games a throwaway game. Best case we see a couple guys who flash enough to deserve an extended NHL look.

well this is incorrect. They were perfectly fine with having Patrick take 2c reigns IF he was healthy. They obviously knew it was serious and had to adjust quickly (at least this is what I think occurred)
    if they knew it was serious, they sure as hell didn't tell anyone. patrick was listed as "week to week" at the start of training camp last year.
    They need a top four RHd dman and a legitimate breakout scheme. The same thing that's always plauged AV.
    yeah, but that's a problem that can't be solved until after the expansion draft.
    This is still mostly the team that finished 6th in points last season with a 23 year old goalie we're banking on the be Carey Price.
    that team never felt like it played as well as their record indicated, so matching it this year, let alone exceeding it, was always going to be more difficult than a lot of people thought.

i have to say, i am kind of excited to see sushko and kase in the lineup.

"1st regular season game without giroux or voracek since 2009"

i have no idea what sam morin is supposed to be doing when he's at forward, and i'm not sure that he's any more clued in than i am.

Quote Originally Posted by steagles View Post
    i have no idea what sam morin is supposed to be doing when he's at forward, and i'm not sure that he's any more clued in than i am.
    Also, should probably give guys more than 2 weeks to learn how to play a new position before giving them NHL time

He's at least two steps behind everything. It's brutal.

That game should not have happened to be honest. That point is on the NHL because they are being greedy. They shut the Devils down for...what...16/17 days? They just didn't want to postpone or cancel the outdoor game. That game should be a blowout.

Quote Originally Posted by LLMunchie619 View Post
    That game should not have happened to be honest. That point is on the NHL because they are being greedy. They shut the Devils down for...what...16/17 days? They just didn't want to postpone or cancel the outdoor game. That game should be a blowout.
    Sour grapes homerism here.

The devils had 18 players on the list.

Literally had enough players on their covid list to ice an entire lineup of skaters. Apples and oranges

Just to get a point was a plus. Got a bad feeling about the out door game. Maybe Morin will destroy Marchman, that would be a plus.

Morin is a bust.

Quote Originally Posted by txravis12 View Post
    Sour grapes homerism here.

The devils had 18 players on the list.

Literally had enough players on their covid list to ice an entire lineup of skaters. Apples and oranges
    ...how is that homerism? lol When it's the good half of a team (during a pandemic) doesn't the NHL have a responsibility to the fans to make sure they're giving the best product possible. Just wait the 5 days remaining for guys like G and Jake to come off the list is all I'm saying. Guys like Kase and Andreoff were just flying around almost aimlessly. Morin looked lost for most of the game. Sushko was invisible. I don't even know who else was in the lineup really.

On that note jc, I agree now. Morin is a bust. I was holding out hope for him, but, like I said, he looked lost last night.
    Last edited by LLMunchie619; 02-19-2021 at 12:20 PM.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast