Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    I think Stafford is a bigger upgrade over Goff than people think. Rams have some young talent but are kind of on win now mode. Staffords going to have the best collective group of offensive (and defensive) talent hes ever had. Mix that with a good coach and it puts the Rams as a significant threat.

A big package but smart for the Rams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I don't think anyone will argue with him being a big upgrade, I think people disagree with him being a BIG ENOUGH upgrade. They're going from the ~20th best QB in the league to a guy who is in the 10-14 range. They have up way too much in this QB swap for a guy with no playoff wins and an abysmal record against winning teams.

Maybe he'll surprise me and go off in a new setting, but I've always felt like Stafford had a built-in excuse from playing with the ****** Lions.

Report say WFT offer for Stafford was better then the Rams. I'm curious to know what that is.

great deal for the lions... My issue with this is if you are the rams why not just throw in another first and offer this same deal to the texans? I get Goffs deal is bad but holy ****.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    great deal for the lions... My issue with this is if you are the rams why not just throw in another first and offer this same deal to the texans? I get Goffs deal is bad but holy ****.
    Because its gonna take more than three first rounders to get Watson.

Boy were we off on potential compensation for Stafford lol. This screams that the NFL has a much higher view of Stafford than the fans. I love Stafford and think he's a top ten QB... But I'm also happy that Denver didn't trade for him at that price.

The Rams list first round pick was Goff in 2016. Their next first round pick isn't until 2024 lol.

It will be crazy if Wentz ends up getting traded... It will mean the top 2 picks in the 2016 draft were both traded 5 years later

fun note... the money for goff stays with the rams lmfao... if the lions cut him next season it costs them 3 mill. jesus christ

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Love it. 2 first is huge. Eating Goff's awful deal sucks but we're probably bad anyway so let's just collect talent with 5 1st round picks in 3 years.

Houston has to be loving this too.
    Looks like my Lions fandom is off to a great start.

I don't think Watson actually gets traded. The team doesn't want to. He'll likely have to sit out to force a trade.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    fun note... the money for goff stays with the rams lmfao... if the lions cut him next season it costs them 3 mill. jesus christ
    Only the signing and restructuring bonuses stay with the Rams: $22.2 million.

He has $43 million more in guarantees that will have to be paid by the Lions after the trade.

2021: $25M guaranteed salary + $2.5M guaranteed roster bonus = $27.5M
    2022: $15.5M guaranteed roster bonus

Total: $43 million (that the Rams save and the Lions will have to pay)

Goff has a non-guaranteed salary of $10.65M in 2022, which the Lions could save by cutting him, but not the $15.5M guaranteed roster bonus.

All salary and roster bonuses after 2022 are non-guaranteed.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 01-31-2021 at 06:20 AM.

Stafford to LA; Goff to Detroit

https://twitter.com/bleacherreport/s...549086725?s=21

I don't think some of you guys killing the Rams for this deal have any idea how much of an upgrade Stafford actually is. If the Rams truly are a QB away, Stafford puts them easily among the favorites to come out of the NFC next season.

Looks like Stafford was part of the decision making and is absolutely thrilled with the prospects of playing in LA. There were a good number of Lions fans who were very concerned that Staff be happy with the end result of the trade. Midwest nice by nature, we're weird like that. There are also reports that Detroit has told Goff hes part of their future plans. It'll definitely be interesting to see how this all pans out. Just hoping Rodgers takes it easier on us in the future now that there's a fellow Cal QB in the NFCN.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Boy were we off on potential compensation for Stafford lol. This screams that the NFL has a much higher view of Stafford than the fans. I love Stafford and think he's a top ten QB... But I'm also happy that Denver didn't trade for him at that price.

The Rams list first round pick was Goff in 2016. Their next first round pick isn't until 2024 lol.

It will be crazy if Wentz ends up getting traded... It will mean the top 2 picks in the 2016 draft were both traded 5 years later
    I honestly think it wasn't that high, rather they paid a premium to not have to cut Goff.

Quote Originally Posted by CasperX22 View Post
    I don't think some of you guys killing the Rams for this deal have any idea how much of an upgrade Stafford actually is. If the Rams truly are a QB away, Stafford puts them easily among the favorites to come out of the NFC next season.
    Who's killing the Rams?

They got an upgrade and got out of that bad Goff deal.

Of course they had to pay a price for that. But it makes sense for both teams.

When I wrote this in the old thread I figured nobody would trade for Goff:

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Too bad the Rams can't get rid of Goff until 2022 or they might be in the mix as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Five Angels View Post
    There are also reports that Detroit has told Goff hes part of their future plans.
    Future plans = 2021 + maybe 2022 if Goff did well in 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Future plans = 2021 + maybe 2022 if Goff did well in 2021.
    I feel like they could like one of the QB's in this draft but feel that QB isn't their day one starter, and Goff is more of a stop gap.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast