Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    If I'm Houston and I trade Watson, I trade him to the New York Jets for the #2 overall pick and with Houston then taking the #2 overall pick I would go for Zach Wilson at QB if I'm Houston in that case. Then if I'm the Jets, I keep Watson as my QB. I wouldn't even trade D'Arnold but instead I would cut him. Then also in that trade if I'm Houston I get multiple draft picks along with another player and if I'm the Jets I go for weapons to surround Watson with.
    I agree. in my opinion I think the only teams that make sense, are the Jets or the Dolphins. Even though Carolina offered those players and picks I still wouldnít accept what they were offering. I think a problem that could occur with one of those two teams though, is that Watson has a no trade clause. So he decides where he gets to go if heís actually traded. Even though he may have said he would be interested in the Jets or dolphins, It would actually be like heís starting from scratch again. Because which ever team he went to if he did go to one of them, more than likely would have all of their money tied up into their players, and all of their good draft picks gone due to the trade. So it would be hard to get better quickly which is exactly where the Texans were, after they traded away all of their draft picks.
    Last edited by brandt; 02-23-2021 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brandt View Post
    I agree. in my opinion I think the only teams that make sense, are the Jets or the Dolphins. Even though Carolina offered those players and picks I still wouldnít accept what they were offering. I think a problem that could occur with one of those two teams though, is that Watson has a no trade clause. So he decides where he gets to go if heís actually traded. Even though he may have said he would be interested in the Jets or dolphins, It would actually be like heís starting from scratch again. Because which ever team he went to if he did go to one of them, more than likely would have all of their money tied up into their players, and all of their good draft picks gone due to the trade. So it would be hard to get better quickly which is exactly where the Texans were, after they traded away all of their draft picks.
    Unless they trade him to another team say the 49ers, Broncos or Bears because those teams would benefit tremendously

[Barbieri] It sounds like the Bears have a massive offer on the table for Deshaun Watson, according to ESPNís Jeff Darlington - ďItís gonna be tough to find a team thatís willing to give up as much as the Bears will right now.Ē
    Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Sticking to traditions:

IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

If Deshaun goes to Chicago...massive upgrade from Trubisky and Foles but also Chicago instantly gets better hell they become Super Bowl contenders

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    If Deshaun goes to Chicago...massive upgrade from Trubisky and Foles but also Chicago instantly gets better hell they become Super Bowl contenders
    Um that also depends on what they give up lol. He is a massive upgrade no doubt but if they giving a kings ransom it will move the needle but not as much as you think. They gonna be giving up some players as well as picks and wont have a ton in the draft box this year or beyond. They should still do it but the package could be massive. They wont be superbowl contenders but they will battle for the division and make the playoffs. Even with watson id have the packers/seattle/zona/49ers/rams over them with arguments that could be made for saints as well and maybe even the vikings depending on the draft.

Guess the Bears are ALL IN for Deshaun Watson.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    Guess the Bears are ALL IN for Deshaun Watson.
    Like to see him end up anywhere where the owner hasn't turned the team over to a "holy man". Analytics more powerful than scriptures in building a winning team or deciphering any mysteries of the universe for that matter. See Galileo vs. The Pope

Watson said he will sit out the entire season IF not traded.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    Watson said he will sit out the entire season IF not traded.
    He should just play/suit up the minimal amount of games to get the season to count. Or just stay home and call it a career until they trade him, if ever.

I figured he'd have to sit out one season at minimum to get out of Houston. Maybe the threat is enough but I doubt it.

If they keep ahold of him and he sits the entire season or has to pull the Carson Palmer, then good luck to the Texans on being able to pay going rate for a FA for quite a while. It's going to be damn near impossible to get someone without massively overpaying for their services.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    If they keep ahold of him and he sits the entire season or has to pull the Carson Palmer, then good luck to the Texans on being able to pay going rate for a FA for quite a while. It's going to be damn near impossible to get someone without massively overpaying for their services.
    Looks like heíll have to sit out at least a season, because The Texans arenít budging. They just recently said they are more than willing to sit him the whole year.(Link below). Which means the Texans will get to recoup his salary and signing bonus. Not to mention I think he gets fined every game he sits. If he retires they get over $21 million. The Texans donít have much to lose, because theyíre going to suck whether they have him or not, for at least several years. Theyíve already freed up a lot of money for free agency, knowing this would probably happen. They may not have many great draft picks this year, but itís almost guaranteed they will over their next few years, being how bad they are going to be. They wonít have any problem signing people though, at least not as badly as you were making it seem. It looks like Watson is the one with everything to lose, not the Texans.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sportsn...ns-060321/amp/

Quote Originally Posted by brandt View Post
    Looks like heíll have to sit out at least a season, because The Texans arenít budging. They just recently said they are more than willing to sit him the whole year.(Link below). Which means the Texans will get to recoup his salary and signing bonus. Not to mention I think he gets fined every game he sits. If he retires they get over $21 million. The Texans donít have much to lose, because theyíre going to suck whether they have him or not, for at least several years. Theyíve already freed up a lot of money for free agency, knowing this would probably happen. They may not have many great draft picks this year, but itís almost guaranteed they will over their next few years, being how bad they are going to be. They wonít have any problem signing people though, at least not as badly as you were making it seem. It looks like Watson is the one with everything to lose, not the Texans.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sportsn...ns-060321/amp/
    They have plenty to lose. It damages your reputation greatly 1) to mistreat a player like they did and 2) to hold him hostage because "he signed a contract

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    They have plenty to lose. It damages your reputation greatly 1) to mistreat a player like they did and 2) to hold him hostage because "he signed a contract
    I'm usually pro-player, but a contract is an obligation for both sides. It's his right to sit out (and not collect a paycheck), but it's also the team's right not to trade him. Nobody forced that contract on Watson. So this is hardly a hostage situation.

My thing is from the Texans side why fight this so hard? The rockets did the same thing with harden and it was an utter mess and they ended up trading him anyways

If he sits out it benefits no one

So why not go to him and be like well trade you but you need to open up your list to whoever offers the best offer

Like if youíre the Texans why arenít you just saying to the jets give us #2, darnold, their other 1st this year, another future first and some 3rds

That can change your roster completely in 2 years.

Thatís what Iím missing is why not just take the kings ransom.

Yíall with Watson playing well lost enough games to have the 3rd pick in the draft which you yourself didnít own because you traded it to Miami. With having no picks and horrible cap why try to fight having Watson stay in order to what? Lose a ton of games next year?

Iím really missing the point of forcing it like they are

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast