Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 97 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Didn't we try to impose restrictions on businesses and institutions whose business model relies on high levels of congregation and that got overturned by the Supreme Court as somehow an unallowed restriction on the 1st Amendment? Sometimes people want to have it both ways, they want us to solve all the problems but then won't allow the things that would solve the problems.
    Indeed. So little of what dude says is even consistent with his own prior comments if you pay the least bit of attention to his posts. Pretends to be an epidemiologist, yet steadfastly refuses to take the COVID-19 vaccine and doesn't think churches should have to abide by the same public safety rules as other establishments. Claims to not be religious, yet constantly brings up the religion he totally isn't a part of. Talks about how Trump is good for the economy one day, then talks about how Trump single-handedly crippled the economy a short time after.

Total hypocrite that can't even keep track of his own nonsense.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I donít believe any President would have saved every Covid death, but I believe every President would have saved more lives than Trump did (including Hillary Clinton).
    I think it would be hard to do worse than Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    It's more than just rhetoric as well, the actions and examples set are different many times as well.

Both being bad doesn't mean every issue needs to be turned into a but what about the dems (often for far lesser issues). As was noted by someone else this approach of yours is very similar to when special comes into each thread to post in a similar manner (even if your intentions are different, which I believe you on that they are). There is often a lot of context/nuance on issues and just because one party on the whole has some issues within doesn't make it equally as bad. I know you always claim you don't say equally but you also say things like "the difference is just theater" which implies it nonetheless.
    I think in general it bugs me when people paint groups with absolutes like it's that simple. I think believing things are all one way or another is the first step on the road to bad and short sighted decisions and it's fundamental to the us vs them team game. People talk like there are only two possible positions on most issues and that "they" are 100% the other. Because of that I don't have a problem pointing out that the absolutes people use are generally wrong.

Sorry if it causes anyone an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    "At least one state"?
    I didn't know there was a personal audit process on mail in voting. People here told me they had that option. I don't know where the people here are from if they don't make it public. The states all get to run their election processes any way they like. Therefore I can conclude that at least one state did that. I can't conclude how many states did it because all I know is that it was at least one. Do you know how many states did it?

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    EASILY.

Simple mask/distance, travel, and screening protocols in january, enforced by heavy fines.

Remember back.when 20,000 deaths seemed like a lot? Well, it is. A LOT of people would.have died regardless, but half a million, it's almost a joke.
    So, we're at 439k deaths. Since it's EASY to save all of those lives and more, I guess the deaths should stop cold now right?

Seriously, what is the logic process like in your head?

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I think in general it bugs me when people paint groups with absolutes like it's that simple. I think believing things are all one way or another is the first step on the road to bad and short sighted decisions and it's fundamental to the us vs them team game. People talk like there are only two possible positions on most issues and that "they" are 100% the other. Because of that I don't have a problem pointing out that the absolutes people use are generally wrong.

Sorry if it causes anyone an issue.
    Believing all of a certain group do something they don't actually is bad, we agree on this. That isn't the same as one party or another having more responsibility/issues on each topic. This is where you aren't actually pointing out anybody being wrong on their takes but instead intentionally seeming to "but what about" lesser issues from another group identity in the way you are claiming is bad to do anyways.

I think the biggest issue it causes is people start thinking you have a different point/belief on the issues and are maybe not being genuine. The context/nuance within each position matters far more than any sort of team game, your approach literally brings it back to that (but what about the other team).

Dems and Reps can each be bad or an issue and one of them can be worse. People will often focus on whichever is worse on the topic as the biggest need for change. Do Republicans and Dems both need to change when it comes to voter suppression and gerrymandering? Yes. Does one of the parties seem to have more issues regularly (at least currently) around this topic needing more change/focus? Also can be yes, without needing to mean every single Republican is evil or that all dems are perfect.

Indeed. So little of what dude says is even consistent with his own prior comments if you pay the least bit of attention to his posts. Pretends to be an epidemiologist, yet steadfastly refuses to take the COVID-19 vaccine and doesn't think churches should have to abide by the same public safety rules as other establishments. Claims to not be religious, yet constantly brings up the religion he totally isn't a part of. Talks about how Trump is good for the economy one day, then talks about how Trump single-handedly crippled the economy a short time after.

Total hypocrite that can't even keep track of his own nonsense.
    And per nasty it's good for young girls to be with older men and China.

Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Believing all of a certain group do something they don't actually is bad, we agree on this. That isn't the same as one party or another having more responsibility/issues on each topic. This is where you aren't actually pointing out anybody being wrong on their takes but instead intentionally seeming to "but what about" lesser issues from another group identity in the way you are claiming is bad to do anyways.

I think the biggest issue it causes is people start thinking you have a different point/belief on the issues and are maybe not being genuine. The context/nuance within each position matters far more than any sort of team game, your approach literally brings it back to that (but what about the other team).

Dems and Reps can each be bad or an issue and one of them can be worse. People will often focus on whichever is worse on the topic as the biggest need for change. Do Republicans and Dems both need to change when it comes to voter suppression and gerrymandering? Yes. Does one of the parties seem to have more issues regularly (at least currently) around this topic needing more change/focus? Also can be yes, without needing to mean every single Republican is evil or that all dems are perfect.
    I'll try to re-phrase it when I do it next. I'm not trying to butwhatabout, more letsnotforget

Also, I fundamentally think both our our political parties are mostly staffed with people at the top who actually don't care at all about the people of the country or even about their party position other than winning vs losing. I think that understanding and watching Bernie being so blatantly screwed put me over the top on this. I'm liberal, I don't think the leadership of the Democratic party is anymore so I don't feel any loyalty to them, and I'm not going to forgive them. Let's scrap the lot of them and start over.

I'll try to re-phrase it when I do it next. I'm not trying to butwhatabout, more letsnotforget

Also, I fundamentally think both our our political parties are mostly staffed with people at the top who actually don't care at all about the people of the country or even about their party position other than winning vs losing. I think that understanding and watching Bernie being so blatantly screwed put me over the top on this. I'm liberal, I don't think the leadership of the Democratic party is anymore so I don't feel any loyalty to them, and I'm not going to forgive them. Let's scrap the lot of them and start over.
    It still won't change the key points no matter how you try bringing it up it's the same idea. The problem is it doesn't address the issue being presented and instead deflects to saying "lets not forget this other group is doing something bad too!". You can phrase it however but the issue is the actual approach/ignoring the points.

I don't overly disagree with what you are saying. I would love if we could get a bit of a fresh start and was a Bernie supporter that saw what you note as well. I don't think anyone should be loyal to a party as a whole tbh. It still doesn't change that Dems/Reps are different and when talking generally about what each party is pushing for and the extremes they go to do so it is often very different. Dems sometimes being bad isn't an excuse for Republicans to be bad on the specific issue being talked about. You can flip that around too. Either way the approach focusing on always resorting back to the teams being bad, both sides yada yada isn't meaningful (and as I noted it often feels like disingenuous deflecting as we know of a poster doing this often in such manner).

I didn't know there was a personal audit process on mail in voting. People here told me they had that option. I don't know where the people here are from if they don't make it public. The states all get to run their election processes any way they like. Therefore I can conclude that at least one state did that. I can't conclude how many states did it because all I know is that it was at least one. Do you know how many states did it?
    44 states allowed their voters to track their ballots online. This isn't that difficult to figure out if you are willing to put the slightest bit of effort in.

http://letmegooglethat.com/?q=which+...lot+in+2020%3F

And per nasty it's good for young girls to be with older men and China.
    Indeed. Though I'm pretty sure I've been reprimanded for bringing this up in the past, so please be careful with sharing information about fellow users that they've already shared themselves.

Did you use it? How did it work?

( Spliff and ewing keep their location a secret and I have no idea if you are in Colorado or just stoned )
    yes. works. great

you keep your ballot stub for manual checks

and get an email/text when the ballot is delivered, received, and counted. Easy stuff

The differences between the GOP and the Dems are just theater.
    easily your most ridiculous both siding attempt
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

44 states allowed their voters to track their ballots online. This isn't that difficult to figure out if you are willing to put the slightest bit of effort in.

http://letmegooglethat.com/?q=which+...lot+in+2020%3F
    I was right with what I said and I don't always have time to do more research to add more data, but thanks for doing it for yourself.

By all means, continue flaunting your ridiculousness. Acting like Singapore and the United States are anywhere near comparable in terms of how they can realistically combat a virus is completely disingenuous and further shows that you don't know what the hell you're talking about, despite all your phony claims of being some sort of epidemiologist.

Let's also not forget that you're all for not properly restricting church service attendance during a pandemic and refuse to take the vaccine.
    Look at Pakistans numbers. 216 million population (2/3rd of US), 12,000 covid deaths (1/40th of US).

This is a third world country, bordering ground zero china, with population densities way beyond anything in america (they are 2/3 our population in a nation the size of california), with much worse sanitary conditions and systems in place.

We should be having 1/40th the deaths they are, not the other way around.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

So, we're at 439k deaths. Since it's EASY to save all of those lives and more, I guess the deaths should stop cold now right?

Seriously, what is the logic process like in your head?
    It's not gonna stop cold no matter what, that's not how pandemics work. But it can be under control, that is completely up to how much the govt lays out and enforces regulation.

Unfortunately in america we are fighting a more difficult fight because of the general stupidity of the average american compared to non american. This is natural byproduct of our media system.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Page 5 of 97 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast