Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 11 of 97 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    It's what I want. The ability to vote on anything where a vote is coming up at any time. Maximum access to voting.
    You said that you "can't see why we can't vote for 2024 president right now" which is a patently ridiculous desire, seeing as how there isn't even candidates to choose from yet. I'm all for maximum access to voting as well but the desire of yours I just highlighted is straight up fantasy land.

I can't vote on anything today. I don't see any reason we can't vote as soon as someone/something gets added. Heck I don't see a reason I can't vote for 2024 President right now.
    Why make such an unserious statement? Something like this eats at one's credibility.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Can you elaborate? Even without the advantage of the super delegates, she cleaned his clock.
    The wiki leak emails? Plus Clinton im pretty sure was given control of the docs campaign strategy and funding well before the primaries were over.

The entire DNC was working against Bernie almost.

It was her turn. She was going to be the first lady to be the president. The Democrats didn't really care how qualified or unqualified she was. Bernie would have beaten Trump easily. He would have run a legitimate campaign and not taken groups of people for granted.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    You said that you "can't see why we can't vote for 2024 president right now" which is a patently ridiculous desire, seeing as how there isn't even candidates to choose from yet. I'm all for maximum access to voting as well but the desire of yours I just highlighted is straight up fantasy land.
    Why can't I vote Bernie right now for 2024? Wouldn't that be a powerful tool to know what people are thinking of politicians? You could vote generally against your local sheriff if you had a bad experience that day. What is wrong with voting early and often as your opinion changes?

Because we don't know if he's running in '24?

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Why make such an unserious statement? Something like this eats at one's credibility.
    I'm absolutely serious. I can place a bet if I can get a bookie to take it, it doesn't matter how far out the payout is, why shouldn't I be able to vote. Let's take a different example ... after the first democratic presidential debate people could have just voted for their preferred candidate for president. Why wait until the party decides who we have to vote for? Write in votes are still valid, all I'm saying is why limit it to a short period of time to vote.

Because we don't know if he's running in '24?
    So what? I can legally vote for anyone I want, they don't have to run. If Bernie got 20 million write in vote in 2021 what are the odds he doesn't run?

I'm absolutely serious. I can place a bet if I can get a bookie to take it, it doesn't matter how far out the payout is, why shouldn't I be able to vote. Let's take a different example ... after the first democratic presidential debate people could have just voted for their preferred candidate for president. Why wait until the party decides who we have to vote for? Write in votes are still valid, all I'm saying is why limit it to a short period of time to vote.
    There's probably a more reasonable time period to vote that resides somewhere between "a short period of time" and "four years".

Just a thought.

So what? I can legally vote for anyone I want, they don't have to run. If Bernie got 20 million write in vote in 2021 what are the odds he doesn't run?
    I could technically try to rally the whole nation to vote for Big Bird in 2024. That doesn't mean it's a good idea.

There's probably a more reasonable time period to vote that resides somewhere between "a short period of time" and "four years".

Just a thought.
    Sure, so not many people would vote that early, but it's an election we know is coming and databases are really good at tabulating things like that.

If we were to take a much shorter view of it ... once someone says they are running against Ted Cruz in my home state who gains by making me wait for 2 years to vote for them while they try to tear them down or make it harder for me to vote?

I see no reasons that I can fill out a form with all the elections/votes that are known in the future. And sure, maybe we should set a limit on the longest vote allowed at the longest term election or 6 years for the senate.

I could technically try to rally the whole nation to vote for Big Bird in 2024. That doesn't mean it's a good idea.
    Yeah, and Big Bird wouldn't win the election. Is your argument that more access to voting makes bad analogies more likely?

My argument is that opening up voting years in advance when there isn't even candidates yet is a pretty preposterous idea....roughly as preposterous as trying to rally the nation to elect Big Bird.

My argument is that opening up voting years in advance when there isn't even candidates yet is a pretty preposterous idea....roughly as preposterous as trying to rally the nation to elect Big Bird.
    So the vast majority of people won't take advantage of it, but I don't see a negative to it either.

Cool.

Page 11 of 97 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast