Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 97 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Let's make it so expanded it's hard to avoid. 24x7x365 voting at the post office, libraries, DMVs, or on the internet. Why take a tiny measure like slightly expanding mail in voting?

Also, I think a significant part of the increase in total number of votes was Trump.
    It clearly wasn't a tiny measure to expand mail in voting. We had a 10% increase in voter participation from 2016.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I'm still really stunned that the GOP got caught so flat footed on their voter suppression efforts during the pandemic. Usually they are better (skill wise, obviously the people they sent to SoS offices are not good or better in a moral sense) than this.
    I donít know why Democrats donít go on the offensive and call these people what they are. Undemocratic (I know itís a democratic republic to those semantics people) who only want to engineer results that are favorable to them. Especially with what is going on in Arizona this stuff should be covered as much as the insurrection. These people are not interested in free and fair elections. They should be hammered for this every single day until it finally hits home to people. Democrats suck at messaging so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yankees Farm System

Let's make it so expanded it's hard to avoid. 24x7x365 voting at the post office, libraries, DMVs, or on the internet. Why take a tiny measure like slightly expanding mail in voting?

Also, I think a significant part of the increase in total number of votes was Trump.
    Other than internet, we pretty much already do all that
    <><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
    <><><><><><><>
    <><><><>

Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post
    I donít know why Democrats donít go on the offensive and call these people what they are. Undemocratic (I know itís a democratic republic to those semantics people) who only want to engineer results that are favorable to them. Especially with what is going on in Arizona this stuff should be covered as much as the insurrection. These people are not interested in free and fair elections. They should be hammered for this every single day until it finally hits home to people. Democrats suck at messaging so much.

They have been calling them out. They've been pushing for efforts to re-establish the Voting Rights Act (naming it after John Lewis is a fantastic idea). They are pointing out the efforts these people are taking to limit access to the ballot and getting groups involved (thanks Stacey Abrams) to fight them in courts and through good old fashion GOTV efforts.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

They have been calling them out. They've been pushing for efforts to re-establish the Voting Rights Act (naming it after John Lewis is a fantastic idea). They are pointing out the efforts these people are taking to limit access to the ballot and getting groups involved (thanks Stacey Abrams) to fight them in courts and through good old fashion GOTV efforts.
    I donít think they do a very good job at all to be honest. They are way to civil when it comes to engaging in debates where it comes across that these are two practical arguments that could go either way if you are in favor of a healthy democratic based government.

And if it wasnít for Rhino, I would have zero clue about what is going on over in Arizona to completely remove the rights of their voters where they can in effect choose who wins that state for presidential elections. Thatís a failure on a massive scale from both the media AND democratic leadership who should be pointing these efforts out 24/7 for what they are.

Yankees Farm System

It clearly wasn't a tiny measure to expand mail in voting. We had a 10% increase in voter participation from 2016.
    And I think a lot of that was due to Trump and the pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post
    Other than internet, we pretty much already do all that
    I can't vote on anything today. I don't see any reason we can't vote as soon as someone/something gets added. Heck I don't see a reason I can't vote for 2024 President right now.

And I think a lot of that was due to Trump and the pandemic.
    It is very difficult to pinpoint specifically why, however a government report years ago estimated that increased mail-in voting could increase turnout by as much as 10%, which is almost exactly what we saw.

I think it was a little of everything, but studies consistently show the easier it is to vote, the higher the turnout (and this seems intuitive really).

? So the earth isn't flat meaning you think it's certain there was evidence of actual voter fraud? Not sure what point you are trying to make.
    What he said was ultra simple and clear. Hint: replace probably with definitely.

Indeed.

I can't vote on anything today. I don't see any reason we can't vote as soon as someone/something gets added. Heck I don't see a reason I can't vote for 2024 President right now.

Quote Originally Posted by DeW-Star View Post

They do, like Abrahams did but the problem lies that the gop did such a great job gerrymandering many swing states that while those states are able to elect dems for governors and vote for dem presidents and senators they donít control state houses or state senates and they are the ones that make those laws and so unless a judge finds those laws unconstitutional and that includes the SC they canít do much about it.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    What he said was ultra simple and clear. Hint: replace probably with definitely.
    Okay. I said probably because I didn't want to be tasked with finding it.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    It's what I want. The ability to vote on anything where a vote is coming up at any time. Maximum access to voting.

Okay. I said probably because I didn't want to be tasked with finding it.
    okay?

Page 10 of 97 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast