Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 22 of 47 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
Results 316 to 330 of 699
  1. #316
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    West Side
    Posts
    13,174
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Glad you like a good laugh.

    Let's spread the fun around……I bet there were as many black churches that did this as there were white churches. Bet as many dem pastors and priests did this as repub pastors and priests.

    More mirth……I'd be willing to bet that Cheeseburger Abrams and her crew "nudged" and made recommendations to everyone they signed up to vote.

    Additional chuckles …… Al Sharpton gave out his opinion on how to vote every chance he got.

    And if you want pure hilarity……check in with the ACLU. They'll tell you exactly what and who to vote for. This is particularr true when there are amendments on the ballot..No body is funnier than the ACLU. (Literally)

    Now for the absolute hysterics in all this……all of the above ^^^ is perfectly legal and done all the time, every election. How side splitting, fall on the ground funny is that???

    But the point you miss, and always will is that there is a line drawn. At some point, all this crap needs to stop and people need to vote unimpeded by all the BS that has been dished out for months. That line (and I am thinking it's about 500 feet) is drawn around the polling places and there is no what is called "electioneering" allowed within that area. That is why you see all those annoying signs a certain distance from your polling place, and all those smiling gladhanders are not too close to the polls. It's like a little "safe space." You should be able to appreciate that.

    Another point you miss and will never get……these guys giving out food and water aren't doing it because they are great people, concerned for the thirsty voter. They are trying to swing votes. Not only can they (maybe) swing the vote of who they are giving the water to, but they will also look good to others on the line. This could affect the decision of the voter that is still on the fence. And if you think for a minute that whoever gets the water (or sees them giving the water) is not somehow aware what party they represent (and probably the dems) you are dreaming. It would not surprise me to see some sort of identifying label on the water bottle.

    One last thought about preventing this type of activity……if it was allowed and shown to be successful, the other party would start doing the same thing. So a confrontation and potential violence would become possible.

    But, of course, in your mind it is "voter suppression." After all, what else could it possibly be???
    That's all fine but then you can say the same thing about armed militia groups "keeping voters safe" and use the same argument. Are they there because they are good people and are just taking the day off from work to protect the well being of voters? Or are they there to try to swing votes?


    The Lost Boys of PSD

  2. #317
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    7,464
    Quote Originally Posted by statquo View Post
    That's all fine but then you can say the same thing about armed militia groups "keeping voters safe" and use the same argument. Are they there because they are good people and are just taking the day off from work to protect the well being of voters? Or are they there to try to swing votes?
    You're missing the point (not unusual here).

    Point is that no one should not be allowed to do any "electioneering" to people waiting on line. Simple concept.

    That's all I'm saying.

    If GA has long lines……do whatever it takes to fix that. I'm on board with whatever it takes to get that done. But parading up and down the line chatting up people for whatever reason or handing out give aways is a no-no.

    Armed militia, Black Panthers, BLMers, Tea Parties, Young Conservatives (both of them) for Freedom or whatever group has no business being at the voting place. Wouldn't bother me if they got rid of all the damned signs either (and I have sold hundreds of these signs).

  3. #318
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    9,029
    Sluggo’s back!!!

    Believe it or not, I’ve missed you.

  4. #319
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    97,696
    The worst part is that they legalized the process Trump tried to use to overturn the Georgia election. And they saw that the Georgia Secretary of State wasn't as corrupt as the previous occupant (and current governor) so they removed him from the process.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

  5. #320
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    105,929
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Someone sure has a lot to say after his extended absence. Good to see you right back to derisively referring to minority women as inanimate objects.
    Need to to catch up on his racist rants it’s been a while.

  6. #321
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Boogie Down
    Posts
    105,929
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    The worst part is that they legalized the process Trump tried to use to overturn the Georgia election. And they saw that the Georgia Secretary of State wasn't as corrupt as the previous occupant (and current governor) so they removed him from the process.
    So imagine similar result next time around, watch how they just toss out thousands of votes cus well they were voting while black.

  7. #322
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    37,060
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    You know what’s funny.

    I saw a couple of tiktoks last election in which people in small towns were given a list by their pastor and each list had the names of people they needed to vote for. Republicans have zero problem with this, but somebody handing out water is a big issue because bribery. Lmao
    Giving out free goods with a message does meet the definition, but so do coupons and sales.

    bribe: persuade (someone) to act in one's favor by a gift of money or other inducement.

    People ignore their pastors all the time, doing it when they talk about voting seems pretty trivial too.

  8. #323
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    3,812
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Was Trump insisting that his name be on the checks the Treasury mailed out a bribe?
    No, because it wasn't his money, and even it was, he wasn't giving them out at voter lines.

  9. #324
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    3,812
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    I can see how it could be used as a bribe, that’s a good point.

    I don’t like that they are restricting the number of polling locations and the days/times you can vote in conjunction with prohibiting providing food and drinks. It seems like an intentional strategy to make voting as long and uncomfortable as possible to dissuade people from voting.

    But I also see your point.
    You can do absente voting, even Trump promoted it as safe and secure.

  10. #325
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    7,464
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Need to to catch up on his racist rants it’s been a while.
    Show me what I said in the post that is racist.

    I criticized Cheeseburger Abrams because she is an annoying nuisance that just won't shut up. It has nothing to do with her being black. And she is heavy…pretty obvious on that point. Once again, being heavy has nothing to do with being black.

    Just like……

    Donnie Boi,
    Fat Man
    Orange Man

    Are they racist terms against the former president?

    Cheeseburger Abrams is a pain in the *** individual that should just go away. Just like that gun nut congresswoman from Colorado and that other idiot Greene from GA. People that, when they open their mouth, do more harm than good.

    Problem with you is that you see racism in absolutely everything. Constantly.

    You see preventing the give away of food and water in a voting line as racist when all it is is the prevention of continued electioneering while people are waiting to vote. A line is drawn to prevent this and it should not be crossed. It has nothing to do with racism……except to those who think like you.

  11. #326
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    39,442
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaban2.0 View Post
    You can do absente voting, even Trump promoted it as safe and secure.
    The law actually makes that more restrictive now too.

  12. #327
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    39,442
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    You're missing the point (not unusual here).

    Point is that no one should not be allowed to do any "electioneering" to people waiting on line. Simple concept.

    That's all I'm saying.

    If GA has long lines……do whatever it takes to fix that. I'm on board with whatever it takes to get that done. But parading up and down the line chatting up people for whatever reason or handing out give aways is a no-no.

    Armed militia, Black Panthers, BLMers, Tea Parties, Young Conservatives (both of them) for Freedom or whatever group has no business being at the voting place. Wouldn't bother me if they got rid of all the damned signs either (and I have sold hundreds of these signs).
    Then I’m assuming your against this law because it specifically creates longer lines?

  13. #328
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    7,464
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Then I’m assuming your against this law because it specifically creates longer lines?
    How???

  14. #329
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    97,696
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluggo1 View Post
    Show me what I said in the post that is racist.

    I criticized Cheeseburger Abrams because she is an annoying nuisance that just won't shut up. It has nothing to do with her being black. And she is heavy…pretty obvious on that point. Once again, being heavy has nothing to do with being black.

    Just like……

    Donnie Boi,
    Fat Man
    Orange Man

    Are they racist terms against the former president?

    Cheeseburger Abrams is a pain in the *** individual that should just go away. Just like that gun nut congresswoman from Colorado and that other idiot Greene from GA. People that, when they open their mouth, do more harm than good.

    Problem with you is that you see racism in absolutely everything. Constantly.

    You see preventing the give away of food and water in a voting line as racist when all it is is the prevention of continued electioneering while people are waiting to vote. A line is drawn to prevent this and it should not be crossed. It has nothing to do with racism……except to those who think like you.
    Stacey Abrams has been working to expand voting rights in the state of Georgia. I don't see that as a nuisance, but I can see how someone who thinks less of certain people based on the amount of melanin in their skin might not think as I do.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

  15. #330
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    7,464
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Stacey Abrams has been working to expand voting rights in the state of Georgia. I don't see that as a nuisance, but I can see how someone who thinks less of certain people based on the amount of melanin in their skin might not think as I do.




    Bolded……Well you're right. And I don't think that at all. I just think she is a nuisance. She lost and won't shut up. Just like Hilly. Just like Trump will start moving in that direction if he decides to go down to the border for a look see. Cheeseburger has made an industry out of herself (see: Sharpton, Al) and she is very tiresome. And the way she is "working to expand voting rights in the state of Georgia" is a bit questionable in my opinion.

    It has nothing to do with race.

Page 22 of 47 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •