Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    maybe you've already been doing something like this, but I generally pump Vit C during the winter months especially....been taking 1000mg a day for months to help keep the immune system pumped

I've been waiting to get the vaccine the last few weeks. Here, they've started on the 65+ & underlying conditions groups and I'm on the edge of both. Here, there's a signup list.
    Cause of the field I work in, I got my second dose last week. Not gonna lie... It ****ed me up pretty bad for a day.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Evans 1 reception
    Godwin 2 receptions
    Brate 2 receptions

Looks like he didn’t necessarily need the “loaded” part of the roster.

or the defense

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Maybe not a "legit SB contender" but merely going from a QB who commits two turnovers per game to one turnover per game would have made them a playoff team.
    Sure, but there is quite a difference between playoff team and SB winner, is there not?

I mean, yeah, they had a talented roster. Pretty sure that is the primary reason he went there. But they went overlooked, mostly because most people thought that Brady didn't have it in him anymore. They were the underdog in three of their four playoff games, that's saying something.

Narrative was all about GB being the primary threat to what was seen as a surefire-to-repeat KC. Hell, I bet most people were considering Baltimore or Buffalo over Tampa. And again, that's saying something.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei00 View Post
    Sure, but there is quite a difference between playoff team and SB winner, is there not?
    The difference between a playoff team and a SB winner in a single-elimination tournament is mostly chance.

I did think the Bucs were very likely to win this game and Brady is obviously a factor there. But replay the NFCCG and the Packers might win, I'd say, probably 40% of the time.

Or take the Eagles' SB win -- probably both the match-ups against the Falcons and Patriots were almost 50-50 games.

I think Brady is the GOAT but he didn't win this alone.
    It's a team sport. If someone is pushing the notion that Brady did this alone, then you obviously don't want to take those people seriously. Ever. We know better. And yeah, some of the media talking heads may push that illogical pov that Brady is the sole reason for the season, but we all know they're selling sensationalism for clicks. Ignore them, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter_White View Post
    The officiating was so horrific and blatantly biased in this game that this SB should have a huge asterisk at best and at worst just stricken from the books altogether and an outside investigation needs to be conducted.

I am not kidding.
    Yeah, usually that kind of officiating happens in the playoff rounds preceding the Super Bowl. Not to trigger anyone, but bad and/or biased officiating happens often. Take it from someone who has seen it firsthand for decades.

The difference between a playoff team and a SB winner in a single-elimination tournament is mostly chance.

I did think the Bucs were very likely to win this game and Brady is obviously a factor there. But replay the NFCCG and the Packers might win, I'd say, probably 40% of the time.

Or take the Eagles' SB win -- probably both the match-ups against the Falcons and Patriots were almost 50-50 games.
    I mean, they dominated everyone's SB favorite. That's not exactly chance. It was an impressive team effort, and no doubt you could argue more impressive on the defensive front. Though at the same time, no doubt that the high scoring that caused Mahomes to go in desperation mode was a big factor as well in keeping that score as one-sided as it was.

Even if you think it's mostly 50/50, adding the one player that chance seems to favor the most in these playoff scenarios is also a big thing and should play a role in turning the odds slightly in your favor. As it turns out, it actually worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei00 View Post
    I mean, they dominated everyone's SB favorite. That's not exactly chance. It was an impressive team effort, and no doubt you could argue more impressive on the defensive front. Though at the same time, no doubt that the high scoring that caused Mahomes to go in desperation mode was a big factor as well in keeping that score as one-sided as it was.

Even if you think it's mostly 50/50, adding the one player that chance seems to favor the most in these playoff scenarios is also a big thing and should play a role in turning the odds slightly in your favor. As it turns out, it actually worked.
    Yeah, but like I said, if you add a QB who is only slightly less turnover-prone as Jameis Winston, the Bucs are very likely a playoff team. They added Brady so their chances at winning a SB increased even more. But it's still not a huge difference because of the playoff format.

As for the Chiefs being "everyone's SB favorite" I'm on the record as saying this is incomprehensible to me. Check page 1. I have no idea how Vegas came up with the Chiefs-3 line, except that they apparently don't acknowledge the OLs either. The Chiefs OTs versus the Bucs pass rushers was a huge mismatch.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 02-08-2021 at 02:35 PM.

Most claimed Tom was done years ago.

Now they act like adding Tom to the Bucs was unfair.

End of the day, he's just as much responisble for his legacy as Bill is and vice versa.

Both are the GOATS.

End of the day, he's just as much responisble for his legacy as Bill is and vice versa.

Both are the GOATS.
    This. I can remember late 2019 game threads of everyone giving me **** for pointing out how bad the Pats offense had become and claiming Brady was for sure done. Hell, back in week 1 of 2020 when he lost to the Saints I got **** for telling everyone to give him some time to adjust.

Both are the GOATS.
    Years ago? He won MVP in 2017. That was three years ago. He had a down-year statistically in 2019 but was still a Top 10 QB performance-wise. Even if he declined physically, it is far from the degree of other QBs his age ("I can fire that mother****er" *), and he still has intangibles like a huge amount of playoff experience.

*) Great Drew Brees impression BTW.
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 02-08-2021 at 02:49 PM.

Both are the GOATS.
    It wasn't unfair, but they're an incredibly stacked team haha.

It isn't surprising they won. They probably win with ~8-10 other qbs too . Probably more.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Both are the GOATS.
    I've been claiming he's done since the Eagles Super Bowl lol... Mainly cause I want it to be true though.

I don't think anyone has said that it's unfair of him to go to the Bucs though. I don't think him winning a Super Bowl with a stacked team means anything though. A top 5 QB of all time SHOULD be able to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    I've been claiming he's done since the Eagles Super Bowl lol... Mainly cause I want it to be true though.

I don't think anyone has said that it's unfair of him to go to the Bucs though. I don't think him winning a Super Bowl with a stacked team means anything though. A top 5 QB of all time SHOULD be able to do that.
    At 42? Stop.

Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast