Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    No one in here was saying Tampa was the team to beat before mid and late January. As much talent as Tampa has, no who on psd thought they were winning it all I haven`t been around but I am sure very minimal if any.

I still think this proves Brady can put a team over the top. It`s up to BB to prove he can coach a team over the top IMO. I do agree they helped each other in New England, but one guy has to prove he can take a team over without the help of the other.
    I have to admit I never commented on it, but I always thought Bucs+Brady were a very strong SB contender. I was higher on the Packers during the regular season, but didn't expect them to win the NFCCG when it happened. (See thread for receipts.) As for the other NFC playoff teams:

Saints: Old-*** Brees is a playoff choke waiting to happen.
    Seahawks: Were trending in the wrong direction since the second half of the season.
    Rams: McVay actually started Wolford. lmao
    Bears: Shouldn't even have made the playoffs. Cardinals would have been more dangerous.
    Football Team: Not a very good team overall but I thought they were the biggest threat to the Bucs if Alex Smith had been able to start because of positional match-ups.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    No one had the Eagles when they won. No one had the Chiefs initially last year or the 49ers to even make it.

TB was thought of as a good team as soon as Brady signed. It was a perfect place for him to go offensively. People definitely thought TAmpa was going to be a good team.

I just think Brady, while still elevating the team, was put in a much better position to succeed without BB than BB was to succeed without Brady.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    what were the odds for the bucs coming in this season? legit curious if people made bank off of picking them

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    I have to admit I never commented on it, but I always thought Bucs+Brady were a very strong SB contender. I was higher on the Packers during the regular season, but didn't expect them to win the NFCCG when it happened. (See thread for receipts.) As for the other NFC playoff teams:

Saints: Old-*** Brees is a playoff choke waiting to happen.
    Seahawks: Were trending in the wrong direction since the second half of the season.
    Rams: McVay actually started Wolford. lmao
    Bears: Shouldn't even have made the playoffs. Cardinals would have been more dangerous.
    Football Team: Not a very good team overall but I thought they were the biggest threat to the Bucs if Alex Smith had been able to start because of positional match-ups.
    bet you are having a great night arent ya? mahomes sucks/Chiefs suck/you about to get a haul for wentz.

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    bet you are having a great night arent ya? mahomes sucks/Chiefs suck/you about to get a haul for wentz.
    BDawk is the Chiefs hater.

I actually like Mahomes but I thought he had little chance with both OTs out against that DL.

Not gonna jinx the Wentz trade. :P

BDawk is the Chiefs hater.

I actually like Mahomes but I thought he had little chance with both OTs out against that DL.

Not gonna jinx the Wentz trade. :P
    thought i did message bdawk lmfao... drinking my bad

Quote Originally Posted by Heediot View Post
    Fair enough.

I still think people though KC and Sf were juggernauts by halfway or three quarters of the season last year prior to the superbowl and many predicted those teams making to the big show at that point.

When was anyone calling Tampa a juggernaut.

I can see some points your making and leave it at that. I just believe the onus is on Belichick to prove he can win outside the tandem.
    I do think GB was the pick this year and maybe even NO over TB. I do give credit to Brady and TB for that. The defense did really turn it on though.

I do think Belicheck needs to do something but NE doesnít look remotely close to being back anytime soon (Brady jumped at the perfect time) so I donít think weíre going to see it from BB before he retires.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    My main point was BDawk saying this proves it was Brady and not BB. I think thatís silly.

Regardless of odds, Tampa had a better team than NE. Brady stays in NE, does NE have that much better of a record? I think itís clear Brady was in a better situation in Tampa.

It's pretty obvious that Brady didn't go to Tampa Bay just for the weather.

He evaluated the situation and realized that if someone like Jameis Winston, who is a 3rd string QB in New Orleans, could lead the Bucs to the best offense in the league, lead the league in passing, and win 8 games then he likely thought he could do better.

The Bucs were a stacked team that was 1 top 10 QB away from contending. I believe with any top 10 QB, they would've been successful.

Quote Originally Posted by zn23 View Post
    It's pretty obvious that Brady didn't go to Tampa Bay just for the weather.

He evaluated the situation and realized that if someone like Jameis Winston, who is a 3rd string QB in New Orleans, could lead the Bucs to the best offense in the league, lead the league in passing, and win 8 games then he likely thought he could do better.

The Bucs were a stacked team that was 1 top 10 QB away from contending. I believe with any top 10 QB, they would've been successful.
    Agreed. And youíre still calling Brady a top 10 QB. Brady picked the right place to go too and Tampa was able to get the QB they needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    Elite defense , elite oline, elite weapons , proven coach.

No

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Wasn't their defense pretty average last year? Awful in the first half of the season, better in the second half.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

This was the purest superbowl of all time.
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    This was the purest superbowl of all time.
    What does that mean...it was almost as bad but less boring than the Rams vs Pats SB game [emoji42]

It's so weird to me that American streakers don't go full nude:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmMANb-pLE4

Wow

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

It's so weird to me that American streakers don't go full nude:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmMANb-pLE4
    Really didn't commit to getting into the endzone.

Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast