Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfishguy85 View Post
    What does he really bring to the table now, though? Hes obviously declined. We dont need another Kevin king.
    King played his worst game of the season and from the folks who grade, one of the worst games in the last 2 or 3 seasons for him. And despite that, we were still one score away from the super bowl. Add in a few other guys played their worst games of the year, like Aaron Jones and Bully Turner, plus an injury to David Bakhtiari and we still almost made the Super Bowl.

I'm not saying don't try to get better, but we aren't the Lions. We don't lack talent. In all honesty, someone who's similar or slightly better than King is probably what we are shooting for.

I'd love to add another stud to this roster. But in all honesty, bringing back most of our core group and adding maybe 2 or 3 decent starter types is probably a good thing. Not saying we can't improve, but look at the rest of the NFC. Tampa is hoping to mostly run it back, but their roster didn't get a ton better and we should have beat them. NO got worse. Seattle isn't any better. LAR probably got better. Washington got better, but still don't have a real qb. Chicago isn't noticeably better. Minn added some peices but isn't elite.

Problem is, things like what king did in that last game happened far too often. He sucked. We dont need another **** player that you hopd your breath every time they throw at him. We could simply promote sullivan and i doubt itd really be worse. King flat out had no business starting but hes a legend in his own mind. Just look at his insta page. He adds #100mil to every post, presumably to mean he thinks hes worth a $100m contract. **** that guy.

god, Fuller signed for @ ten million for a 1 year deal. that might have been a critical non signing error. the D needs help and it's not getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by alabastertubby View Post
    god, Fuller signed for @ ten million for a 1 year deal. that might have been a critical non signing error. the D needs help and it's not getting it.
    9 million. Per usual outside of last year we dont do ****. He is a massive upgrade over king and that deal was cheap

This is Rodgers last year as a Packer.

Fuller would have upgraded, but I'm not sure I would call Kyle Fuller a massive upgrade over Kevin King. Fuller's experience is really what separates the two at this point in their careers. Sure Fuller made a lot of sense, but only if we could have gotten him cheap and on a prove-it deal. With the comp calculation scenario in mind, it boosted his stock a little. Even if we got him he would have served as a veteran body who we could rely on to be an average player while we develop our next CB opposite Jaire. At the same time there are other players on the market who can bring that, and those who may be better. $9.5 mil would have been a gamble for Fuller at this point. I'm not sure anyone, but Denver was offering $9.5 mil. With the remaining talent left on the market, there was no need to rush and sign a guy like Fuller. Secondly, Dever has a leg up with previous connections to Fangio.

But Fuller hasn't been elite in two seasons. His opp. passer rating of 102.2 in 2019 which he slightly bounced back and posted an 89.8 in 2020. He still has used, but he's also not the player he once was either. Opponents completes 70% in 2019 and 55% in 2020. King was 84.6 in 2019, and 96.2 in 2020. 58% 2019 and 63% in 2020. PFF grades were both pretty similar. Fuller being a veteran would have upgraded, but not a massive one. But at $9.5 million Fuller should have been a pass by this F.O.

Quote Originally Posted by JayZee1981 View Post
    This is Rodgers last year as a Packer.
    That still conjecture at this point, the chance of him being QB1 through 2022 are astronomical at this point. But assuming they inevitably move to Love it's going to be the 2023 season. The dead cap to move Rodgers post-2022 is just over $2.8 mil. A restructure would really call him leaving soon into question as well. There would be few benefits to move him before this point. Even if Rodgers is disgruntled it's most likely to be expressed in a chip on his shoulder in his play and passive-aggressive comments in pressers. His trade value is unlikely to shift between that point significantly. Perhaps an extra pick to the package, but the value is mitigated if you're throwing Love out before he's ready. I have significant doubts Love is ready before 2023 with no pre-season last year. 2023 there is a huge amount of cap space that gets even larger following the move. A lot of free cap and likely a sizable draft selection pool to support your future QB.
    Last edited by IRNMN; 03-22-2021 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IRNMN View Post
    That still conjecture at this point, the chance of him being QB1 through 2022 are astronomical at this point. But assuming they inevitably move to Love it's going to be the 2023 season. The dead cap to move Rodgers post-2022 is just over $2.8 mil. A restructure would really call him leaving soon into question as well. There would be few benefits to move him before this point. Even if Rodgers is disgruntled it's most likely to be expressed in a chip on his shoulder in his play and passive-aggressive comments in pressers. His trade value is unlikely to shift between that point significantly. Perhaps an extra pick to the package, but the value is mitigated if you're throwing Love out before he's ready. I have significant doubts Love is ready before 2023 with no pre-season last year. 2023 there is a huge amount of cap space that gets even larger following the move. A lot of free cap and likely a sizable draft selection pool to support your future QB.
    you also have to factor in what it would cost to keep Love. right now his rookie deal is team friendly but, I saw an article that discussed if the Packers want to keep him and exercise his 5th year option the estimated value of that would be around 20 mil.

stole this from warfleg in the NFL main

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/sta...993335302?s=21

Steelers have granted permission to starting CB Steven Nelson to seek a trade, per source. Nelson, who turned 28 in January, has been graded as one of the leagues top cornerbacks in recent seasons by @PFF.

could be another possibility if the packers free up some money

A tough schedule just got tougher? NFC North teams set to play the NFC West, and AFC North and now with the 17th game added the NFL gives GB a trip to Arrowhead to play KC.

Roto" Chiefs signed DT Jarran Reed, formerly of the Seahawks, to a one-year, $7 million contract.

Reed played all 16 games for the Seahawks last season and racked up 6.5 sacks plus a forced fumble. He peeked at an impressive 10.5 sacks three years ago."

Gute, not interested.

Former Packers safety Morgan Burnett announced his retirement

Quote Originally Posted by MFNkingAC View Post
    A tough schedule just got tougher? NFC North teams set to play the NFC West, and AFC North and now with the 17th game added the NFL gives GB a trip to Arrowhead to play KC.
    I dont know what you mean by a tough schedule. Our division is weak right now. The NFC west isnt that intimidating. Seattle is solid but not great by any means. LA is the same, and I dont fear them any more with stafford. AFC north? Cincy is still Cincy. Pittsburgh is meh. Cleveland might be tough but theyve gotta prove theyre not a flash in the pan.Baltimore is a good team, sure.

Overall... whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by alabastertubby View Post
    Roto" Chiefs signed DT Jarran Reed, formerly of the Seahawks, to a one-year, $7 million contract.

Reed played all 16 games for the Seahawks last season and racked up 6.5 sacks plus a forced fumble. He peeked at an impressive 10.5 sacks three years ago."

Gute, not interested.
    To be honest he's not what this team needed. He brings a solid interior pass rush, but by a lot of other metrics, not a big upgrade. Kingsley Keke I think has the upside to be just as productive, we saw some glimpses at times last year. I don't disagree we need more help, but I think there are potentially better fits left on the. I think Jurell Casey still would be a great fit, not saying we sign him.

Keke in far fewer reps was almost produced similar numbers:
    Keke: 21 tackles, 4 sacks, 3 TFL, 8 QB hits, 4 hurries, PFF overall grade 69.1
    Reed: 38 tackles, 6.5 sacks, 5 TFL, 14 QB hits, 7 hurries, PFF overall grade 56.3
    Lowry: 36 tackles, 3 sacks, 2 TFL, 4 QB hits, 7 hurries, PFF overall grade 57.3

I'm not trying to make a comparison here, but at the same time, Reed started 7 more games and took 35% of Seattle's snaps while Keke did that on 40%, Lowry on 59% of snaps. PFF has grade Lowry higher than Reed every season they've been in the league at the same time. A lot of people would say Lowry at 6.3 mil is an overpayment, so I'm not sure there is a major cause for them to pay Reed when there is a potential argument the metrics show you're in house guys are similar or better and knowing they could likely draft or still sign a better option. I 100% agree we need to upgrade on the DL, but to rush out and get Reed would almost seem forced and a bit premature.

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    Former Packers safety Morgan Burnett announced his retirement
    Had a couple good seasons before he departed, was a solid player for us overall.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfishguy85 View Post
    I dont know what you mean by a tough schedule. Our division is weak right now. The NFC west isnt that intimidating. Seattle is solid but not great by any means. LA is the same, and I dont fear them any more with stafford. AFC north? Cincy is still Cincy. Pittsburgh is meh. Cleveland might be tough but theyve gotta prove theyre not a flash in the pan.Baltimore is a good team, sure.

Overall... whatever.
    Id disagree. I think those 2 divisions going into next season would be the most likely to put 3 of the 4 teams into the playoffs. (Not saying it happens, but if something like that were to happen, Id probably put those 2 at the top with the NFC South possibly next) LAR were a playoff team last season, and Id think upgraded their QB and solid defense. Arizona is a young team with a young coach/QB with a lot of potential and QBs like that have been a problem in the past. Seattle should still have R Wilson and if they can get off to a good start like they did the last season and Jamal Adams stays healthy, they will be above .500. Id put SF on the bottom but with a good defense but most likely going with a rookie QB to turn things around, depending on when game is scheduled that could be a competitive game. AFC North, Baltimore has been a good team with Lamar Jackson, and again mobile QBs have been an issue in the past. Cleveland may not be a 1 year wonder, we will have to wait and see but after last season, Chubb and Hunt, IDK I think they could compete for that division next season. Pitt I kind of compare to Seattle. Prob just past their real window to win, but with a good defense and vet QB, Id think they have the chance of being around .500 team, depends a lot on Big Ben I suppose. Id agree about the Bengals, of the 8 teams Id say Id feel the most confident going into that game.

Id also agree what you said the NFC North teams but regardless, theyre division rivals and you can never write off those games being an easy win. I could see us going 5-1 in the division. Minnesota would be the only real threat.

So with how the schedules are created and playing 2 complete divisions, what NFC and AFC division would you put over those 2? Just curious. I think the Saints take a step back and so do the Raiders.

So with all that said, playing what Id think most would consider the 2 toughest divisions the NFL sends GB to KC on top of that, yeah I think it will be a tough schedule giving this team all the opportunity to be battle tested going into the playoffs and making a run, turn it around and make it a positive instead of a negative.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345