Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Packers Players News 2021

New year New thread. All packers players news to be talked about in this thread. If there is a major story and a thread hasn't been made about it please go ahead and create one, this will be for minor news.

Rodgers wins 3rd MVP. Roto's take is below. i agree with the assessment. the drafting of Love pissed him off and he played better because of it.

"Aaron Rodgers has been named the Associated Press' Most Valuable Player for 2020.

It is the 37-year-old's third MVP award, with the first two coming in 2011 and 2014. The initial story of Rodgers' 2020 was the first-round selection of quarterback Jordan Love. That was followed up by a running back and H-Back, denying Rodgers the passing-game weapon he openly sought. He used the "slight" to fuel the best overall campaign of his Hall-of-Fame career. Rodgers' TD:INT ratio was an unthinkable 48:5, while he completed over 70 percent of his passes for the first time. Rodgers mixed bombs to Marquez Valdes-Scantling and Robert Tonyan with layups to Davante Adams, whom he helped spark to the most receiver scores (18) since 2007. Rodgers briefly hinted following the Packers' devastating NFC Championship Game loss that he might not be back in Green Bay in 2021, but it was quickly debunked by all parties, including Rodgers. He still needs that second receiver. Hopefully he gets one."

Jamaal Williams signed a new agent, it wasn't Drew Rosenhaus so theres a better chance packers could re-sign him.

Packers Players News 2021

You guys happy now? Looks like they found a trade partner for Josh Jackson and were able to get something for him.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-isaac-yiadom/

Quote Originally Posted by MFNkingAC View Post
    You guys happy now? Looks like they found a trade partner for Josh Jackson and were able to get something for him.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-isaac-yiadom/
    Win win ! Doesnít mean Yiadom will make the roster but at least itís a shot

Junk for junk deal to see if either guy can turn it around. Makes sense. Not sure we needed another CB, but both guys were probably not making their respective teams, so give them a fresh start.

Definitely a junk deal. Shame Jackson never turned into anything. Seemed like a guy with potential.

Yea, I remember a fair amount of people wanted him in the first and I thought that he was not a high first rounder. But to have him available in the 2nd, I thought that was decent value. Obviously that never turned out.

Gute's drafts have been really strange. It feels like he either has a big hit or a big miss. There's not a ton of okay guys that he's drafted. Gary hasn't exploded yet, but I expect him to take a jump this year. But JA, Savage, Gary, and Jenkins are all pretty good hits. And then guys like Jackson, Burks and Sternberger never could even find the field. There's still some hope for Burks and Sternberger, but I think both are fairly buried unless there's an injury or two.

It's a bit too early to tell on his last two drafts. Dillon had some flashes, but he's still barely played. I still think degura was a reach, but they've always had high praise for him. Love didnt look completely awful. And this year's crop is way too early to tell, but the fact that it looks like Myers is almost certainly the starting center is a really good early sign for that class.

Quote Originally Posted by crewfan13 View Post
    Yea, I remember a fair amount of people wanted him in the first and I thought that he was not a high first rounder. But to have him available in the 2nd, I thought that was decent value. Obviously that never turned out.

Gute's drafts have been really strange. It feels like he either has a big hit or a big miss. There's not a ton of okay guys that he's drafted. Gary hasn't exploded yet, but I expect him to take a jump this year. But JA, Savage, Gary, and Jenkins are all pretty good hits. And then guys like Jackson, Burks and Sternberger never could even find the field. There's still some hope for Burks and Sternberger, but I think both are fairly buried unless there's an injury or two.

It's a bit too early to tell on his last two drafts. Dillon had some flashes, but he's still barely played. I still think degura was a reach, but they've always had high praise for him. Love didnt look completely awful. And this year's crop is way too early to tell, but the fact that it looks like Myers is almost certainly the starting center is a really good early sign for that class.
    I've also been seeing it mentioned Runyan and Royce Newman are getting a ton of time with the #1s at the guard positions. Runyan has looked pretty good. I didn't notice if Newman was getting playing time in the game or not.

Kind of a stunner, the Packers are releasing Kamal Martin

Honestly itís nice to see us cut a guy that wasnít good enough and was a drafted packer

Then we go and trade Holman and get something however little it is. I donít care. Just nice to see.

Iím hoping this means we are much improved at these two positions.

Now just stay healthy

Cut sternberger and I will be very intrigued Ö heís been soooo bad

from what I am seeing it was a 7th rd pick in 2022 for Hollman

Quote Originally Posted by petrey10 View Post
    Cut sternberger and I will be very intrigued Ö heís been soooo bad
    To be fair, sternberger is suspended for game 1, so there's really no reason to cut him. He doesn't count against the 53 while suspended, so he's free to keep an extra week in case of injury.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast