Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Joe Bidens First Few Weeks Show Promise

A lot of great decisions. And huge steps in the right direction. Moving towards removing private prisons. Stopping the Pipeline Canada XL. Making intelligent decisions towards Covid. Pushing a 1.9 Trillion relief bill. There's a lot of places you can critique. And say he didn't go far enough. But I think the Dem SOcs that feared a middle of the road politician that would try to appease both sides, have to be pretty pleased so far. He is pushing/passing an unabashed liberal agenda. He is targeting sytematic racism. He's pushing towards green energy. He's dealing with Covid responsibly (this was a no brainer).

He still has a long ways to go. But I think so far people have to be at least somewhat relieved. I think a lot of people here feared he would do a lot of pampering to Republicans. But it seems he saw enough of them GOP for the last 12 years, and their dishonesty.

What do you guys think so far? Likes? Dislikes?

Edit: I realize there is already a Biden thread, but it can be almost impossible to redirect a thread like that into one topic of conversation.
    Last edited by MRSpock; 01-27-2021 at 07:42 AM.

Calm down, it has only been two weeks. Give it a hundred days before celebrating anything. All he did was overturn Trump's decisions. We still dealing with a moderate.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

Martin Luther King.

He's done some good and some bad.

He's upset our best ally and cost tens of thousands of good paying jobs
    He passed a mask mandate on government property and then violated his policy
    He rejoined the Paris accord which does nothing but cost American's money
    My Ignore List: bklynny67, nastynice, OhSoSlick, spliff(TONE), zmaster52

He's made us less safe by ending wall construction and a moratorium on deportations (thankfully that is stopped for now by a federal judge)

Quote Originally Posted by brett05 View Post
    He's done some good and some bad.

He's upset our best ally and cost tens of thousands of good paying jobs
    He passed a mask mandate on government property and then violated his policy
    He rejoined the Paris accord which does nothing but cost American's money
    I assume you're referring to the Keystone pipeline, but appear to be drastically misinformed about the number of jobs. There are a few dozen jobs created by that pipeline. Anyone saying it was thousands are uninformed.

The mask mandate doesn't and they have never applied when social distancing is possible; which there was ample room since it was really only him in the area.

Green energy is the future. The only question is whether we let China corner the market. I thought you all were all about countering China's ability to be a super power and impose their will on the world. Join us in fighting their hegemony!
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

He's made us less safe by ending wall construction and a moratorium on deportations (thankfully that is stopped for now by a federal judge)
    You feel unsafe Brett?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I assume you're referring to the Keystone pipeline, but appear to be drastically misinformed about the number of jobs. There are a few dozen jobs created by that pipeline. Anyone saying it was thousands are uninformed.

The mask mandate doesn't and they have never applied when social distancing is possible; which there was ample room since it was really only him in the area.

Green energy is the future. The only question is whether we let China corner the market. I thought you all were all about countering China's ability to be a super power and impose their will on the world. Join us in fighting their hegemony!
    They may be contract jobs but they were years worth. And it does not count the ancillary jobs that go with it. Those saying otherwise are the misinformed. He's also made transportation of that resource more dangerous by shutting down the pipeline.

I am against China's dubious practices. What the previous administration did were great steps in honing that in.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    You feel unsafe Brett?

Can you feel for more than yourself ewing?

We were safe before Trump and we will be safe after Trump. Still think those economical and some case environmental refugees are all drug dealers, I guess. I never could understand how poor people can be a threat to us.
    A nation that continues year after year to spend more money on military defense than on programs of social uplift is approaching spiritual doom.

Martin Luther King.

They may be contract jobs but they were years worth. And it does not count the ancillary jobs that go with it. Those saying otherwise are the misinformed. He's also made transportation of that resource more dangerous by shutting down the pipeline.

I am against China's dubious practices. What the previous administration did were great steps in honing that in.
    Considering the threat to some of our area water systems from oil spills, I say the jobs aren't worth it. It gets tiresome when people push jobs over environmental concerns. Especially temporary ones.
    Last edited by WES445; 01-27-2021 at 10:02 AM.

Martin Luther King.

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    Considering the threat to some of our area water systems from oil spills, I say the jobs aren't worth it. It gets tiresome when people push jobs over environmental concerns. Especially temporary ones.
    there's so many layers to all this...not just jobs lost directly, but indirectly...economic and environmental concerns directly and indirectly.............when oil isn't moved via pipeline, it is moved via rail and truck which dominos a different set of economic and environmental concerns
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Can you feel for more than yourself ewing?
    I was wondering. Why do you think people are unsafe?

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

This is like when commentators grade a teams draft the minute it ends.

Gimme a year or two before I trust anything.

Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    This is like when commentators grade a teams draft the minute it ends.

Gimme a year or two before I trust anything.

High floor low ceiling guy.

People voted for Biden more to get rid of Trump than anything admirable about him.

Martin Luther King.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast