Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post
    They're in cruise control because of LeBron

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Both stars are doing less than last year because of the added help. Kawhi is having to do more.

Quote Originally Posted by mrblisterdundee View Post
    I said I'd be willing to move LeBron up to third-most-valuable, after Embiid and Jokic. He's been outplaying Davis to start the season and putting up big stats on the best team in the league. Of course that makes him an MVP contender.
    Inferior stats to the guy with 1 less win, what's the argument?
    Lmao. No. Missing their TWO best players? If they had PG they could have won.

You literally brought up the lakers without ad and bron, he can't do the same given your radical thought experiment.

KD won't play enough games but performance wise it's him.

I'd probably give it to either Kawhi/Lebron/Embiid so far. I think some might give it to Kawhi given he's been so elite but never won an MVP. Might just give him the edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps18-19 Champ View Post
    KD won't play enough games but performance wise it's him.

I'd probably give it to either Kawhi/Lebron/Embiid so far. I think some might give it to Kawhi given he's been so elite but never won an MVP. Might just give him the edge.
    The Jokic disrespect is unreal, lol

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    Gaudy numbers doesn’t mean MVP

When it comes down to it in the playoffs he disappears anyways. Jamal Murray was the Nuggets best player in the bubble anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Both stars are doing less than last year because of the added help. Kawhi is having to do more.

You literally brought up the lakers without ad and bron, he can't do the same given your radical thought experiment.
    I came ready to argue with "load management" talk, but I was shocked to see Kawhi averaging a career high 34.5 MPG this season. He has missed three of the Clippers' 18 games so far, but that's still a fairly small amount. However, if you average that out over a smaller 71 game season, that's almost 17% of the season, or 12 games. That could hurt Kawhi's chances over guys who play 65+.

But that's just projecting over a full season. Right now I'd agree with you that Kawhi's case for MVP is stronger than Lebron's. He'd probably be sitting third for me behind Jokic and Embiid.

Quote Originally Posted by LaVar Ball View Post
    Gaudy numbers doesn’t mean MVP

When it comes down to it in the playoffs he disappears anyways. Jamal Murray was the Nuggets best player in the bubble anyways
    It's a regular season award lol

If Jokic's team record improves then I don't mind giving it to him. He's still top 5 for me atm.

If Jokic's team record improves then I don't mind giving it to him. He's still top 5 for me atm.
    I mean, Westbrook won it being a 6 seed in the West, so I don't really buy that argument.

Jokic is top 2 for me, statistically.

I mean, Westbrook won it being a 6 seed in the West, so I don't really buy that argument.

Jokic is top 2 for me, statistically.
    I didn't agree with Westbrook winning though.

You probably saw that my original rankings have Kawhi third. But LeBron is definitely an MVP contender. Looking back, he's had a better season so far than Giannis.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    The lack of love for Jokic is absurd.

Dude is averaging a ridiculous 25/9/12/2. He's a center who's third in the league in assists per game and fourth in AST%, which is insane. On top of that, he's currently leading the league in WS, BPM and VORP; and he's second in WS/48 and PER. And it's not like the Nuggets are crap. They're 4th in the West on a 4-game winning streak and boast the 6th highest SRS in the league.

Edit: I just realized you had Jokic on your list, so pretend like this post isn't directed at you. My point still stands, though. Jokic has been the most dominant player in the league statistically so far this season. He's not the big name or celebrity that some voters or casual fans might like, but if the voting were held today, he'd have a damn good case as MVP.
    He is my mvp so far.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

I didn't agree with Westbrook winning though.
    I was j.s I doubt the journalists who vote for MVP are going to fault Jokic who is having the best statistical season because the Nuggets are 4th in the West instead of 3rd, lol

I was j.s I doubt the journalists who vote for MVP are going to fault Jokic who is having the best statistical season because the Nuggets are 4th in the West instead of 3rd, lol
    But some journalist who are also voters do base their votings partially on records.

Kawhi doesn't lecoach the offense AND defense , and dictate matchups/make plays all the time.

Bron's basketball iq makes him more valuable even if he's scoring 5 less per game. No one else controls the flow of the game like he does.

One loss without PG/KL doesn't change the fact that the Clippers were a 50 win team that added in 2 of the top 3 mvp candidates.

The team is built around those two now, so of course at this point they're not going to do well when you take both off the court.

Last edited by blams; 01-27-2021 at 03:09 PM.

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

Kawhi doesn't lecoach the offense AND defense , and dictate matchups/make plays all the time.

Bron's basketball iq makes him more valuable even if he's scoring 5 less per game. No one else controls the flow of the game like he does.
    While I don't necessarily disagree, I also don't think Lebron is the defender that Kawhi is anymore. Also, he's not producing statistically at the level Kawhi is right now in terms fo the advanced numbers. While I understand your point here, we have to have SOME kind of barometers and factors to determine this award. If we used the same justification you described, Lebron would win it every year regardless of the numbers, which isn't fair.

One loss without PG/KL doesn't change the fact that the Clippers were a 50 win team that added in 2 of the top 3 mvp candidates.

The team is built around those two now, so of course at this point they're not going to do well when you take both off the court.

I'm not really sure what point you're trying to make here. Both teams are really good and have similarly talented supporting casts. Both teams have similar records. But the bottom line is that Kawhi's numbers are a little better right now than Lebron's.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast