Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Quarter of the season Early candidate League MVPs so far

1. Kawhi Leonard, Los Angeles Clippers (13-4)
    34.5 MPG, 25.9 PPG, 5.4 RPG, 5.7 APG, 2.0 SPG, 0.7 BPG, 50.5% FG, 41.9% 3PT, 90.0% FT

2. Joel Embiid, Philadelphia 76ers (12-6)
    31.6 MPG, 27.7 PPG, 11.5 RPG, 2.1 APG, 1.3 SPG, 1.4 BPG, 55.4% FG, 40.5% 3PT, 83.3% FT

3. Kevin Durant, Brooklyn Nets (11-8)
    36.4 MPG, 30.4 PPG, 7.6 RPG, 5.8 APG, 0.8 SPG, 1.4 BPG, 51.8% FG, 44.6% 3PT, 86.3% FT

4. Nikola Jokic, Denver Nuggets (10-7)
    35.6 MPG, 25.4 PPG, 11.9 RPG, 9.3 APG, 1.9 SPG, 0.5 BPG, 56.3% FG, 34.0% 3PT, 84.0% FT

5. Giannis Antetokounmpo, Milwaukee Bucks (10-6)
    32.3 MPG, 27.0 PPG, 10.5 RPG, 5.3 APG, 1.1 SPG, 1.1 BPG, 54.6% FG, 30.0% 3PT, 58.5% FT

6. LeBron James, Los Angeles Lakers (14-4)
    32.7 MPG, 25.2 PPG, 7.9 RPG, 7.4 APG, 0.9 SPG, 0.4 BPG, 49.7% FG, 41.2% 3PT, 71.3% FT
    Last edited by LaVar Ball; 01-26-2021 at 12:09 PM.

No Jokic? Wow

Quote Originally Posted by NBA all the way View Post
    No Jokic? Wow
    My bad

Got in in there. Thanks

With Giannis not playing up to his usual otherworldly standards and Milwaukee not being as dominant as the last two seasons, I think it's pretty likely we'll have a new MVP this year. I really like Embiid and Jokic's chances if they keep putting up absurd numbers in Philly and Denver, and those teams end up with top 3-4 records in their divisions.

It feels like those two, Kawhi and Lebron are the front runners right now. But I wonder if George and Davis hurt their chances. I think Kyrie and Harden joining Brooklyn certainly doesn't help Durant's chances. The biggest disappointment for me has easily been Doncic. He hasn't had Porzingis for much of the season, but showing up out of shape and starting the season off so poorly individually was a bad look for him. The Mavs would have to be pretty dominant the rest of the way and his numbers would need to start looking a lot more like last year's for him to have a chance.

1. Embiid
    2. Jokic
    3. Kawhi
    4. Giannis
    5. LeBron

Lmaooooo. Lebron at anything lower than 2 is absolutely ridiculous.

Kawhi is a better minute to minute defender but in crunch time, not really.

Isn't a better playmaker. Does kawhi set the lakers up offensively and defensively ? No. He a leader and leaders are much more valuable.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Click here to register!

Hope to see some new posters around here soon.

For me hands down it is between Joel Embiid, Jokic and KD

Quote Originally Posted by blams View Post

Isn't a better playmaker. Does kawhi set the lakers up offensively and defensively ? No. He a leader and leaders are much more valuable.

Jokic and Embiid are above LeBron rn

Yeah, I would have Embiid and Jokic above him, dude. They're doing it with less around them and, statistically, they've been superior to Lebron this season. Lebron's a perennial top 5 guy, but he's not the same dominant statistical performer he was at his peak, and he hasn't been for a few years now—pretty much since he came to LA. Combining that with playing next to Davis, and it's hard to make a case for Lebron over those two, even with the Lakers tied for the best record in the league.

in what world is KL number 1 over lebron/embiid/durant?

statistically its embiid/durant and then lebron...

The top 3 in no order right now are joel/durant and lebron... Id go joel yes because bias but also because he has the lesser help of the 3 and is forced to play with ben simmons which causes spacing issues.

Embiid
    Lebron/Durant/joker
    KL
    Giannis

By game 50 it will be

lebron
    durant/
    KL
    Giannis

Whats LeBrons case this year? Kawhi has better numbers, inferior teammates and their record is negligible this early in the season. Embiid has the best case overall with Jokic having arguably better numbers.

Its a good list

Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Whats LeBrons case this year? Kawhi has better numbers, inferior teammates and their record is negligible this early in the season. Embiid has the best case overall with Jokic having arguably better numbers.

Its a good list
    yea holy crap i just looked... i thought he was having a great season but i didnt think it was up there like that. I take it back.

Brons clearly not going full bore, say what you will about the science behind load management but Kawhi has clearly upped his effort levels this early, I dont want him playing back2backs but it looks like hes gonna go for it alil more this year. Bron on the other hand has a bunch of new toys that is affording them to limit his minutes, even AD is coasting right now. Neither are the MVP, kind of like Kobe-Shaq

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    in what world is KL number 1 over lebron/embiid/durant?

statistically its embiid/durant and then lebron...

The top 3 in no order right now are joel/durant and lebron... Id go joel yes because bias but also because he has the lesser help of the 3 and is forced to play with ben simmons which causes spacing issues.

Embiid
    Lebron/Durant/joker
    KL
    Giannis

By game 50 it will be

lebron
    durant/
    KL
    Giannis
    The lack of love for Jokic is absurd.

Dude is averaging a ridiculous 25/9/12/2. He's a center who's third in the league in assists per game and fourth in AST%, which is insane. On top of that, he's currently leading the league in WS, BPM and VORP; and he's second in WS/48 and PER. And it's not like the Nuggets are crap. They're 4th in the West on a 4-game winning streak and boast the 6th highest SRS in the league.

Edit: I just realized you had Jokic on your list, so pretend like this post isn't directed at you. My point still stands, though. Jokic has been the most dominant player in the league statistically so far this season. He's not the big name or celebrity that some voters or casual fans might like, but if the voting were held today, he'd have a damn good case as MVP.
    Last edited by mightybosstone; 01-26-2021 at 03:59 PM.

My vote would be for Jokic at this point. the rest of the roster has been pretty *** or been out. despite that they are 10-7 thanks to Jokic and some scheduling luck.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast