8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Favorable

7 87.50%
  • Not Favorable

1 12.50%
  • Refrain

0 0%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Honestly, what are your thoughts on the coaching staff thus far?

We all think #Beef is a meathead, but he seems to be surrounding himself with veteran coaches that can help out. Most of us said our opinion on Campbell may depend on his staff... with what you are seeing thus far how do you feel?

Assistant GM: John Dorsey

Head coach: Dan Campbell*

Offensive staff
    Offensive coordinator: Anthony Lynn*
    Assistant head coach/running backs coach: Duce Staley*
    QB coach: Mark Brunell*
    OL coach: Hank Fraley
    TE coach: Ben Johnson
    WR coach: Antwaan Randle El*
    Assistant WR coach: Seth Ryan*
    Offensive quality control: Tanner Engstrand

Defensive staff
    Defensive coordinator: Aaron Glenn*
    Senior defensive assistant: Dom Capers*
    DL coach: Todd Wash*
    Inside LB coach: Mark DeLeone*
    DB coach/pass game coordinator: Aubrey Pleasant*
    Defensive assistant: Brian Duker*
    Defensive assistant: Kelvin Sheppard*
    Defensive quality control: Stephen Thomas

Special teams staff
    Special teams coordinator: Dave Fipp*
    Assistant special teams coach: Jett Modkins*

Miscellaneous
    Chief of staff/Head coach administration: Kevin Anderson
    Director of football research: David Corrao
    Director of sports performance: Mike Clark*
    Strength and conditioning: Josh Schuler
    Assistant strength and conditioning: Morris Henry
    WCF Minority Coaching Assistantship: DeOnítae Pannell*
    Last edited by Lionsfanfromsac; 02-19-2021 at 07:03 PM.
    [img] [/img]
    ^Thanks for the memories #9^

click here to join the Lions Forum
    SE7EN time OTT Winner#1,#6,#10,#12, #14, #24 & #27
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

You can see the focus on the passing game on defense with the hires of Pleasant and Glenn. There is talent back there and you need to get something out of it. Having real coaches, seemingly, is our best bet because if Walker, Oruwariye and Okudah take steps forward under this staff the defense suddenly looks solid in at least one area.

I am still leery of the run first offense but if we are bringing in coaches who will utilize our players and get creative ie like we saw with Kamara/Ekeler, I am interested to see what they do. What I am looking at, and it is going to be imperative to get right, is the QB coach. We are going to have at least one new face in the locker room and so we are going to need a QB coach help the youngster develop into the future QB.

Honestly its better than I thought it was going to be. They are taking respected coaches from multiple teams most being pushed by their players for promotions. I can't complain.

Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    Honestly its better than I thought it was going to be. They are taking respected coaches from multiple teams most being pushed by their players for promotions. I can't complain.
    This. I appreciate the fact that they went to other teams and picked the individuals who have been doing a lot of great work.

Also, I think it's pretty telling that they moved on from Bevell. The Lions organization has always catered to the player (Stafford) when keeping offensive staff members. Remember Jim Bob? What's he doing now? Essentially the only reason they kept him was because of the relationship with Stafford. Now that Bevell is gone, Stafford wants out. I don't think that thats a coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by garnotm View Post
    I think this is not the SOL of the past when it comes to staff either. Like Tigers.6 said they have catered to Stafford and when he came to them asking for a trade and when they decided to not retain Bevell that is when they made it public about Stafford wanting out. Although there are reports out there that dispute that Stafford wasn't leaving because we didn't retain Bevell but wants to win and stats don't matter.

2016 PSD LIONS FORUM COMEBACK POSTER OF THE YEAR

Favorite Teams
    Detroit Red Wings
    Detroit Lions Welcome to Detroit Brad Holmes and Welcome Back DCam aka The Dude. Thanks for the Memories Stafford.
    Detroit Tigers Welcome to Detroit AJ Hinch!
    North Carolina Tarheels Mens Basketball Thank You for the memories Coach Williams and Good Luck to Coach Davis!
    Florida State Seminoles Welcome to Tallahassee Mike Norvell!

Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    WOW... thatís really cool if this pans out.... I like that they asked for an interview, when it was denied I figured he would stay. Happy the Lions stayed on top of it.
    [img] [/img]

LFFS is the master at going from goofball to boss

Quote Originally Posted by Lionsfanfromsac View Post
    WOW... thatís really cool if this pans out.... I like that they asked for an interview, when it was denied I figured he would stay. Happy the Lions stayed on top of it.
    they denied it when they didn't know who their headcoach was going to be so they may have been keeping him but once they signed their headcoach he was free to go.
    2017 DRAFT GAME CHAMPION SUPREME!

We know Fox will be back. Don should be back? What's the consensus with Prater? Keep him or move on? I think I'm on the side of keeping him. He can turn it around.

But yea, I have no idea about this guy. Like the article said, there are a lot of players from different units that make up the ST. The above 3 are the staples but hopefully he can get the best out of our guys. Combs was doing really well so has some big shoes to fill.

Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post

We know Fox will be back. Don should be back? What's the consensus with Prater? Keep him or move on? I think I'm on the side of keeping him. He can turn it around.

But yea, I have no idea about this guy. Like the article said, there are a lot of players from different units that make up the ST. The above 3 are the staples but hopefully he can get the best out of our guys. Combs was doing really well so has some big shoes to fill.
    I'd keep Prater around for one more go. Kickers are so volatile it seems, so if you have one who has been pretty consistent over his career you ride it out with him. Seems to me the NFL is finally moving away from playing for FG's anyway so I don't think it is a huge necessity to move on from him. Figure out what went wrong with the long kicks, and if it is not age related, work on that. That's what kickers should be primarily used for anyway imo. If it is age related they did just sign a guy to a future's contract so that could be worth monitoring.

Another quality add for Dan Campbellís staff in Detroit, as heís bringing Mark DeLeone as his LB coach, hiring him away from the same job with the Bears. DeLeone is a strong hire after helping Roquan Smith to his best season yet this past year in Chicago.
    Via Field Yates

He's worked with Derrick Johnson, Tamba Hali and Justin Houston in K.C. and Roquan Smith in Chicago.

Via Field Yates

He's worked with Derrick Johnson, Tamba Hali and Justin Houston in K.C. and Roquan Smith in Chicago.
    Cool, maybe he can teach our LBs how to play football.

Quote Originally Posted by tigers.6 View Post
    Cool, maybe he can teach our LBs how to play football.
    Hopefully after the Lions draft LB's that run faster than 4.86. No more gumpy players please!

Hopefully after the Lions draft LB's that run faster than 4.86. No more gumpy players please!
    like Boss Bailey!

Looks like we are getting the Bears LB coach....

I kind of like that we are NOT pulling ALL Saints coaching staff.
    So far (and correct me if Iím wrong) we have coaches from:

Lions
    Eagles
    Bears
    Saints
    Chargers
    Rams
    [img] [/img]