Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PAOboston View Post
    Because the arguments always used against Brady being the GOAT were always “Brady is a system QB while Manning was the system” or “Brady benefited from having a HOF coach his entire career”.

Pretty clear that was false. Brady is great. Brady took a Mickey Mouse franchise like the Buccaneers that was a perennial laughing stock to a SB in his first year with Bruce freaking Arians as a coach. New system, new coach, same Brady and same results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well said

To the OPs question... happy for Tom. Not sure any player has ever done more for a franchise than he did for my favorite team. Obviously I wish him well even if he’s on another team.

From the Pats standpoint, the team just isn’t good right now. They went like 20 years of super bowl caliber rosters. The well ran dry. Even probably the great player in the history of the game Tom Brady can’t win on his own. The super bowl appearances weren’t coming anymore even if he stayed. And to be brutally honest Brady was miserable that last year. He’s always a positive on the field even if the stats don’t show it but I think it was just in both sides best interests to move on. On a team with a great roster we’re seeing what Brady can still do and the Pats need to reestablish themselves for a new era. It’s an incredibly tough thing to do to build it back up but the quicker you start the quicker you hopefully get there.

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    10 SBs.

It hasn’t been an argument for some time now.
    I read that this was Brady’s 14 Conference Championship and the QB with the next closest amount of Conference Championship games is Joe Montana with 7. That’s just insane! There shouldn’t be any question that he is the greatQB of all time and it isn’t even close.

I think Pats fans would be happier if their team's roster was as good as the Bucs'.

I wonder if we will see it more often that top QBs move from team to team every couple of years, leaving the previous team with a delayed cap hits from their salary. The Pats still paid Brady $13.5 million in 2020, and the Bucs will probably be paying Brady after he retires.

I'm happy for Brady, I'd like to see him win it too. Thomas Edward Patrick Brady Jr is the greatest professional sports player in history. He's greater than Joe Montana. He's greater than Wayne Gretzky. He's greater than Michael Phelps. He's greater than Tiger Woods. He's greater than Babe Ruth. He's greater than Bo Jackson. He's greater than Lebron James. He's greater than Muhammad Ali. He's greater than Michael Jordan.

In 19 seasons as a starter, not counting 2008 lost season, Brady has made the playoffs 18 times, the divisional round 16 times, conference championship game 14 times, and the Super Bowl now 10 times. He's actually won the Super Bowl more times than he's missed the conference championship game, six to five. Nobody in the NFL even comes close to that resume. The media and fans like to put Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, and Ben Roethlisberger in the same boat with Brady, but this is how he stacks up to them combined,

Win % as a starter
    Tom Brady: .767 (263-80)
    Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, and Ben Roethlisberger combined: .649 (687-370-1)

Conference Championship Appearances
    Tom Brady: 14
    Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, and Ben Roethlisberger combined: 18

Super Bowl Appearances
    Tom Brady: 10
    Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, and Ben Roethlisberger combined: 9

Super Bowl wins
    Tom Brady: 6
    Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, and Ben Roethlisberger combined: 6

Brady's record against them head to head
    vs Manning: 11-6 (2-3 in playoffs)
    vs Roethlisberger 9-3 (2-0 in playoffs)
    vs Brees: 3-5 (1-0 in playoffs)
    vs Rodgers 3-1 (1-0 in playoffs)

To try to deny, or undervalue, his greatness at this point is just embarrassing. There is just nothing to say anymore. He doesn't have rivals in football. You have to stack up several other greatest quarterbacks of all time just to match him. The only other person who dominated his era the way Brady has dominated his is Michael Jordan, but Jordan had three retirements and not near the longevity of Brady. It's just not a debate, Brady's NFL career is greater than Jordan's NBA career because he was on top almost twice as long. The only person in pro sports who seems to have the longevity of Brady is Lebron James, but Brady to this point has had a greater NFL career than James' NBA career (though I think Lebron can give him a run for his money when all is said and done).

No matter what though, we're never going to see anything like Tom Brady ever again. Patrick Mahomes will do a lot in his career and go down as one of the greatest ever, but I'm not going to predict he'll go to another nine Super Bowls in the next 20 years and win five or more of them. Next season will be Brady's age 44 season. At some point, he really will have to stop. But right now, he's still going strong and who knows how many more he can win. This guy is just absurd.

In terms of the Brady/Patriots comparisons, I think this year says a lot about Brady, but not much about the Patriots. New England was in a pretty rough spot talent-wise and cap wise after Brady left, so it would have been quite the accomplishment for them to be a playoff team. Meanwhile, the Bucs had one of the best rosters in the NFL, so they were supposed to be a playoff team. It's not a fair comparison, give the Patriots another year or two before we know for sure.

But just because the Bucs were supposed to a playoff team doesn't mean they were supposed to get to the Super Bowl. What Tom Brady did was once again amazing. Going on the road in the playoffs and beating both Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers in their home stadiums at 43 years old is really impressive. Going into the season, this was supposed to be Aaron Rodgers or Russell Wilson (or even Dak Prescott) taking on Mahomes in the Super Bowl. Yet here we are. Brady v Mahomes II
    Last edited by TylerSL; 01-25-2021 at 04:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerSL View Post
    I'm happy for Brady, I'd like to see him win it too. Thomas Edward Patrick Brady Jr is the greatest professional sports player in history. He's greater than Joe Montana. He's greater than Wayne Gretzky. He's greater than Michael Phelps. He's greater than Tiger Woods. He's greater than Babe Ruth. He's greater than Bo Jackson. He's greater than Lebron James. He's greater than Muhammad Ali. He's greater than Michael Jordan.
    I agree Brady is the GOAT QB, but comparing him to athletes from other sports especially individual sports is just silly, come on.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Tbf he took a team that couldn't even sniff playoffs in the last 10-15 years (and hadn't won a playoff game in like 20 years) to a SB in year one.

On the other hand, they really were a QB away from being good AND got AB/Fournette/Gronk for basically nothing.
    look at that team and who tom brought in lmfao...a re we being forreal? The dude barely got into the playoffs with more talent the bucs have ever had on the offensive side of the ball... even winston would have been great

Quote Originally Posted by Bullseyed View Post
    The 2019 Bucs were probably the best 7-9 team in NFL history. Winston throws less than 30 INTs and they'd have had a good shot at a playoff win.

But sure, Brady did better than a now 3rd string QB.
    notice how everyone ignored this because you tossed out facts that they cant comprehend...

Quote Originally Posted by More-Than-Most View Post
    look at that team and who tom brought in lmfao...a re we being forreal? The dude barely got into the playoffs with more talent the bucs have ever had on the offensive side of the ball... even winston would have been great
    I’m sure teams stay up at night thinking of defending today’s Gronk, fournette, AB Ags Shady McCoy.

I'm happy for him. Still strange but we traded two years of Brady for hopefully a quick rebuild with Bill.

Hope he wins it to piss off Bill. Make him go nuts this off-season and spend

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    One More Time

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    I agree Brady is the GOAT QB, but comparing him to athletes from other sports especially individual sports is just silly, come on.
    Obviously it takes different talent to do well at different sports, I just mean you can't name a more successful professional sports player because there isn't one. Tom Brady has dominated the NFL more than any other athlete dominated their respective league at any time. We'll never see it again.

Obviously it takes different talent to do well at different sports, I just mean you can't name a more successful professional sports player because there isn't one. Tom Brady has dominated the NFL more than any other athlete dominated their respective league at any time. We'll never see it again.
    Go through the names you listed again and tell me Brady dominated his fellow QBs more than than anyone else on your list dominated their respective competitors.

Not even close. As good and as dominating as Brady has been in his career, I’d put basically all of the ones you listed over him. All those athletes dominated as much if not more than Brady (Brady was never considered unanimously the best player in a given year like all of those have been) and all have been successful. Ruth, woods, Jordan, Ali, lebron, Gretzky are icons for their sports and dominated in a different way than Brady.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Not even close. As good and as dominating as Brady has been in his career, I’d put basically all of the ones you listed over him. All those athletes dominated as much if not more than Brady (Brady was never considered unanimously the best player in a given year like all of those have been) and all have been successful. Ruth, woods, Jordan, Ali, lebron, Gretzky are icons for their sports and dominated in a different way than Brady.

gretsky

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast