Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

OK Patriots fans are you happy or sad Brady’s in another SB and the Patriots are not?

I’m actually 50/50 I’m a Patriots fan but seeing Brady make another SB without the Patriots seems weird but on the other hand I’m happy to see TB get a chance to win his 7th ring.

Vince to Gronk

OK Patriots fans are you happy or sad Brady’s in another SB and the Patriots are not?

Indifferent overall tbh.

I have no grudge against Brady. His time in NE was up. Was here for 20 years. He won everything and was the epitome of winning. If he was here this year he alone wouldn’t have been enough to put the Pats over the top since the Pats were in such salary cap hell and devoid of offensive talent. So if Pats can’t win it, fitting Brady continuing to own the rest of the NFL.

I’d say if anything, it puts to rest the entire Manning vs Brady, system vs talent debates etc. If Brady wins with Tampa, it strengthens the argument to what Pats fans have been saying forever: Brady is the GOAT and it isn’t even close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PAOboston View Post
    Indifferent overall tbh.

I have no grudge against Brady. His time in NE was up. Was here for 20 years. He won everything and was the epitome of winning. If he was here this year he alone wouldn’t have been enough to put the Pats over the top since the Pats were in such salary cap hell and devoid of offensive talent. So if Pats can’t win it, fitting Brady continuing to own the rest of the NFL.

I’d say if anything, it puts to rest the entire Manning vs Brady, system vs talent debates etc. If Brady wins with Tampa, it strengthens the argument to what Pats fans have been saying forever: Brady is the GOAT and it isn’t even close.

Winning a Super Bowl while playing like **** on a completely stacked team? Idk how that helps or hurts any argument lol

Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    Winning a Super Bowl while playing like **** on a completely stacked team? Idk how that helps or hurts any argument lol
    Tbf he took a team that couldn't even sniff playoffs in the last 10-15 years (and hadn't won a playoff game in like 20 years) to a SB in year one.

On the other hand, they really were a QB away from being good AND got AB/Fournette/Gronk for basically nothing.

Soo Peyton’s two rings mean nothing then ?

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightbottle View Post

Peyton's not a HOFer then?
    Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    Sticking to traditions:

IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Because the arguments always used against Brady being the GOAT were always “Brady is a system QB while Manning was the system” or “Brady benefited from having a HOF coach his entire career”.

Pretty clear that was false. Brady is great. Brady took a Mickey Mouse franchise like the Buccaneers that was a perennial laughing stock to a SB in his first year with Bruce freaking Arians as a coach. New system, new coach, same Brady and same results.

Because the arguments always used against Brady being the GOAT were always “Brady is a system QB while Manning was the system” or “Brady benefited from having a HOF coach his entire career”.

Pretty clear that was false. Brady is great. Brady took a Mickey Mouse franchise like the Buccaneers that was a perennial laughing stock to a SB in his first year with Bruce freaking Arians as a coach. New system, new coach, same Brady and same results.

Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    Tbf he took a team that couldn't even sniff playoffs in the last 10-15 years (and hadn't won a playoff game in like 20 years) to a SB in year one.

On the other hand, they really were a QB away from being good AND got AB/Fournette/Gronk for basically nothing.
    This!
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
    - Michael Jordan

Thanks MJ-Bulls for the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post

Exactly why I said I don't see how it helps or hurts the argument lol

Brady threw 3 picks today and still won lol. Being on a stacked team doesn't do much to disprove the system QB argument.

The 2019 Bucs were probably the best 7-9 team in NFL history. Winston throws less than 30 INTs and they'd have had a good shot at a playoff win.

But sure, Brady did better than a now 3rd string QB.
    Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

I'll leave PSD if Foles isn't the starter in Jax (or elsewhere) next year.
    Sticking to traditions:

IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightbottle View Post

I don't use team accomplishments to determine which player is better so the rings argument has always been a bit silly to me

I don't use team accomplishments to determine which player is better so the rings argument has always been a bit silly to me
    10 SBs.

It hasn’t been an argument for some time now.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast