Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerSL View Post
    https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...n-from-mexico/

Donald Trump made a big deal about illegal immigration from Mexico, but as always with him, it was a lot of bluster and mostly nonsense. The truth is, the United States has had a net zero or net negative number of illegal immigrants coming from Mexico for years now. That means we end a year with as many or fewer illegal immigrants than we started with, it wasn't increasing when he came into office. Illegal immigration from Mexico now makes up less than half of all illegal immigration, 47% as of 2019, and has been in constant decline since 2007 when it peaked.

As for the OP article, Donald Trump was very clear about wanting to reduce all immigration, the article even states he planned to cut legal immigration by 63% and completely eliminate illegal immigration. COVID was going to slow down legal immigration no matter who was in charge, but Donald Trump spent his Presidency with the goal of preserving America's current demographics. Simply put, he wanted to keep the country as white as possible. White culture=American culture to him and when he said things like "they are going to take our country away from us", he's alluding to the decline of the white population. Keeping the immigrants out is the best way to slow down the changing demographics. It's all about preserving wealth and power for himself, and people like him.
    this is yet another way people spin this in an attempt to show illegal immigration coming across the southern border is totally fine.

Trump in 2015 brought up rape/murder, and I more than once have supported that with facts from 2014 to support rape at the border.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

Quote Originally Posted by CityofTreez View Post
    I am kind of worried about (this supposed influx) immigration into US.
    Most states affected will obviously be southwest US.
    We have become accustomed to it, it’s our everyday lives. I work with 5 illegal immigrants (love them. They work hard and get the job done).

But I’m worried because CA makes up around 1/4 of homelessness in nation and that ****s up the body of work. Wake up. Jobs will disappear with automation and trade skills are big down the road which immigrants possess. **** we hire based on those trades. It’s hard to hire right now when tons of people are unemployed.
    And this is something to be worried about. There is a good argument for updating our efforts to stop illegal immigration.

However a wall isn't one. And pissing on the dreamers is not a good thing.

We need to have an honest discussion on how to best battle the influx of illegal immigration that doesn't have an obvious racist agenda. This is not impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    this is yet another way people spin this in an attempt to show illegal immigration coming across the southern border is totally fine.

Trump in 2015 brought up rape/murder, and I more than once have supported that with facts from 2014 to support rape at the border.
    Spin what? Explain why he tried to **** over the Dreamers? Not rapists. Not murderers. Born in America. Extremely high rate of graduation. Extremely low crime rate. Beat out the averages of the average US citizen by a long shot.

Why would you want to send these people to a country they've never been, and a lot of times don't even speak the native language. Please give me the logical reason here.

I agree. the border should have been shut down completely. but this narrative that Trump and only Trump wanted to shut down immigration because of some perceived racism isn't supported.
    True but the narrative only exists in your head

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

You're the one spinning things, because you're putting words in my mouth. The right can't win a debate on substance so they have to create an imaginary straw-man to fight against. As for what you were saying though, people coming into this country to bring drugs and crime should be stopped and nobody supports them doing that. Bad people DO come across the border and we do need security at the border, but Donald Trump did nothing to make the situation better. He used racist rhetoric and misinformation to scapegoat Mexican immigrants and his plan to build a big wall was VERY STUPID. There are things called ladders, tunnels, boats, helicopters, and planes that criminals would have used to continue to come to America had we built the wall. Not very effective if given proper thought, which it wasn't.

As for Trump wanting to keep the country white, we both know that he wanted to do that. He always had an "us vs them" approach to race relations. There is nothing more to say about that.
    Last edited by TylerSL; 01-26-2021 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    And this is something to be worried about. There is a good argument for updating our efforts to stop illegal immigration.

We need to have an honest discussion on how to best battle the influx of illegal immigration that doesn't have an obvious racist agenda. This is not impossible.
    Having a real discussion starts with understanding where illegal immigration is coming from and where it isn't. As has been stated, net immigration from Mexico and Central America is essentially flat over the last 15 years. Meaning that on the whole as many people are going towards Mexico and Central America than are coming from there. Most net new illegal immigrants are overstaying visas from countries all over the globe, such as Europe. They start as legal immigrants and then become illegal by staying longer than they are authorized. But demonizing people that don't look like the white majority is far easier and requires less cognitive effort, so it's the largest attacked group of immigrant in this country and in large part to that the easiest to exploit.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

evidence has showed that a wall works on the border.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Spin what? Explain why he tried to **** over the Dreamers? Not rapists. Not murderers. Born in America. Extremely high rate of graduation. Extremely low crime rate. Beat out the averages of the average US citizen by a long shot.

Why would you want to send these people to a country they've never been, and a lot of times don't even speak the native language. Please give me the logical reason here.
    I didn't say anything about Dreamers/DACA. I don't have a problem with them on a path to becoming legal Americans.

but it is an undeniable fact that hundreds of thousands of immigrants illegally crossed the border from Mexico into America. whatever people are going the other way to Mexico changes nothing for those that illegally crossed into America, and shouldn't be used to deflect away from that continuing problem.

it is also a fact that there have been immigrants that were involved in rape/murder. that is what can happen when people are not vetted and able to illegally cross the border.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You're the one spinning things, because you're putting words in my mouth. The right can't win a debate on substance so they have to create an imaginary straw-man to fight against. As for what you were saying though,

people coming into this country to bring drugs and crime should be stopped and nobody supports them doing that.

Bad people DO come across the border and we do need security at the border, but Donald Trump did nothing to make the situation better. He used racist rhetoric and misinformation to scapegoat Mexican immigrants and his plan to build a big wall was VERY STUPID.

the bold is what I have said for years while people wanted to push back. the last part of what you said isn't true, it's not racist rhetoric to be against illegal immigration.

there has continued to be evidence that walls work, so no it was not stupid at all.

https://thehill.com/hilltv/rising/42...alls-dont-work
    Ex-Obama border patrol chief says it's 'absolutely false' to say walls don't work
    "There's so much false information that's being provided out there, and they're misleading the American people, so I'm just trying to do my best," Morgan told hosts Buck Sexton and Krystal Ball in an appearance on "Rising."

He was asked to specify what false information he has seen spread in the immigration debate.

"One of the best ones is walls are ineffective," he said. "2006, the bipartisan Secure Fence Act. 2013, the Senate passes a bipartisan immigration bill with $8 billion dollars included in a fence, and just last year, there was money for fencing and barriers," he continued.

Morgan said Yuma, Ariz., is an example of a city that has seen illegal immigration drop as a result of a border barrier.

"They build 23 miles of a physical barrier, and then they added additional technology and personnel. Illegal immigration went from a 150,000 to 15,000 overnight, and there's countless examples of that," he said.

There are things called ladders, tunnels, boats, helicopters, and planes that criminals would have used to continue to come to America had we built the wall. Not very effective if given proper thought, which it wasn't.

which is why Trump wanted more than just a wall, and it's supported that walls have been effective along with other factors.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Having a real discussion starts with understanding where illegal immigration is coming from and where it isn't. As has been stated, net immigration from Mexico and Central America is essentially flat over the last 15 years. Meaning that on the whole as many people are going towards Mexico and Central America than are coming from there. Most net new illegal immigrants are overstaying visas from countries all over the globe, such as Europe. They start as legal immigrants and then become illegal by staying longer than they are authorized. But demonizing people that don't look like the white majority is far easier and requires less cognitive effort, so it's the largest attacked group of immigrant in this country and in large part to that the easiest to exploit.
    this is a deflection. hundreds of thousands of people have been caught/apprehended illegally crossing the border. period. it happened and continues to happen, and nothing else that has also happened changes that fact.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

https://twitter.com/NMalliotakis/sta...06409155526656

Biden’s open borders plan is the most radical in US history. More than half of the 14,195 detainees in ICE and CBP custody are CONVICTED criminals. Obama prioritized deporting criminals. Biden’s exec order protects them from deportation. Why? Security & safety must come first.

why does Joe Biden want to stop deportations.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

He doesn’t, he wants to temporarily stop deportations. This is the same logic you used for the “Muslim Ban” saying it was only temporary.

What is the original source?

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    He doesn’t, he wants to temporarily stop deportations. This is the same logic you used for the “Muslim Ban” saying it was only temporary.
    even temporarily, why? they are still in America illegally including people convicted of worse crime.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

even temporarily, why? they are still in America illegally including people convicted of worse crime.
    I don’t think he views people in the US illegally as inherently evil would be my guess.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast