Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

CATO says Trump reduces legal immigration not illegal

https://www.cato.org/blog/president-...al-immigration

Didnít see the immigration thread but thought this was interesting enough to share. I guess theyíre just a bunch of RINOS

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 01-24-2021 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    https://www.cato.org/blog/president-...al-immigration

Didnít see the immigration thread but thought this was interesting enough to share. I guess there just a bunch of RINOS

Thoughts?

I'm not at all surprised about this. We long said that Trump's goals were to severely restrict legal immigration into the US.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    I'm not at all surprised about this. We long said that Trump's goals were to severely restrict legal immigration into the US.
    I wish they just used figures leading up to the pandemic. Itís get to be too much info. They also blame local authorities for him not reducing illegal immigration

Iím sure their is truth to that but Iím sure there are other factors too. I wish it could be more quantified.

Last edited by ewing; 01-24-2021 at 01:33 PM.

Yup the racist Miller created all of these things to stop people of color from coming here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Of It All View Post
    Yup the racist Miller created all of these things to stop people of color from coming here.
    They couldnít have been more clear and direct about it. Itís oddly one of the things they were clear and upfront about. I guess they knew it was an area that if they werenít careful, their base would revolt on. Any sort of sympathy or decent treatment of migrants and they would lose the base.

how dare the President cut immigration during a pandemic!

what is this?

Before the COVID-19 pandemic during the period from January 2017‐​February 2020, the average number of green cards issued per month was only down about 0.5 percent under Trump compared to from January 2013‐​February 2016 under the Obama administration with cumulative numbers down just over 3.2 percent. Beginning in mid‐​to‐​late March, the Trump administration virtually halted the issuance of green cards to people abroad.

Without the COVID-19 immigration restrictions unilaterally imposed by the President, the issuance of green cards to foreigners abroad would have barely declined relative to the second term of the Obama administration.
    this should be seen as a good thing, restricted unnecessary new people during a pandemic, while without the pandemic it would have, barely declined.

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

a person is smart. people are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals.
    #TrumpDerangementSyndrome

He said he wanted to reduce legal immigration ... I guess that's one of a very small list of successes.

He was delusional if he thought he could eliminate illegal immigration. Well, yeah ... he is delusional.

Basically Trump doesn't want Foreigners entering the US regardless of how they enter.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialFNK View Post
    how dare the President cut immigration during a pandemic!

what is this?

this should be seen as a good thing, restricted unnecessary new people during a pandemic, while without the pandemic it would have, barely declined.
    I disagree I think it is very reasonable that immigration was cut during the Pandemic.

Last edited by ewing; 01-25-2021 at 01:12 AM.

I disagree I think it is very reasonable that immigration was cut during the Pandemic.

The problem with this defense (not from you) is that it acts like the trend wasn't already there long before the pandemic. Just look at the numbers from 2017 to present and sure the numbers for this year are skewed but it was headed down substantially far before that.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

I am kind of worried about (this supposed influx) immigration into US.
    Most states affected will obviously be southwest US.
    We have become accustomed to it, itís our everyday lives. I work with 5 illegal immigrants (love them. They work hard and get the job done).

But Iím worried because CA makes up around 1/4 of homelessness in nation and that ****s up the body of work. Wake up. Jobs will disappear with automation and trade skills are big down the road which immigrants possess. **** we hire based on those trades. Itís hard to hire right now when tons of people are unemployed.

Quote Originally Posted by CityofTreez View Post
    I am kind of worried about (this supposed influx) immigration into US.
    Most states affected will obviously be southwest US.
    We have become accustomed to it, itís our everyday lives. I work with 5 illegal immigrants (love them. They work hard and get the job done).

But Iím worried because CA makes up around 1/4 of homelessness in nation and that ****s up the body of work. Wake up. Jobs will disappear with automation and trade skills are big down the road which immigrants possess. **** we hire based on those trades. Itís hard to hire right now when tons of people are unemployed.
    There's nothing wrong with an america first approach, i support it. But we can't ignore the global economy and we shouldn't have someone pushing racist rhetoric as the face of it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...n-from-mexico/

Donald Trump made a big deal about illegal immigration from Mexico, but as always with him, it was a lot of bluster and mostly nonsense. The truth is, the United States has had a net zero or net negative number of illegal immigrants coming from Mexico for years now. That means we end a year with as many or fewer illegal immigrants than we started with, it wasn't increasing when he came into office. Illegal immigration from Mexico now makes up less than half of all illegal immigration, 47% as of 2019, and has been in constant decline since 2007 when it peaked.

As for the OP article, Donald Trump was very clear about wanting to reduce all immigration, the article even states he planned to cut legal immigration by 63% and completely eliminate illegal immigration. COVID was going to slow down legal immigration no matter who was in charge, but Donald Trump spent his Presidency with the goal of preserving America's current demographics. Simply put, he wanted to keep the country as white as possible. White culture=American culture to him and when he said things like "they are going to take our country away from us", he's alluding to the decline of the white population. Keeping the immigrants out is the best way to slow down the changing demographics. It's all about preserving wealth and power for himself, and people like him.
    Last edited by TylerSL; 01-25-2021 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Basically Trump doesn't want Foreigners entering the US regardless of how they enter.
    where is something to support this. the article provided said it would have barely declined, so basically Obama also didn't want foreigners entering the US.

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

I agree. the border should have been shut down completely. but this narrative that Trump and only Trump wanted to shut down immigration because of some perceived racism isn't supported.

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast