Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 258
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    2,457

    GT18: Most Ordained Knicks (8-9) @ Portland Trailblazers (8-6): Meet the ex-Knicks


    "No, Captain Chunk!" The Goonies, pirate mayhem, filmed in Astoria, Oregon. The Knicks are going to have to be like pirates stealing a win from the Trailblazers.

    Despite the disappointing loss to the Sacramento Kings, during which Tyrese Haliburton said, "How you like me now?" and showcased his talents. The Knicks' RJ Barrett continued to show growth. His shot selection is much improved, no longer just shooting 3s for the sake of. RJ is mixing it up as he should. He's a Jack of all trades.

    Unlike the Knicks who went with a lot of forwards, the Portland Trailblazers went with a multiple guard sets, starring CJ McCollum and Damian Lillard. Good ball movement.

    Also Portland is a dumping ground for ex-Knicks: Noah Voleh, Mason Plumlee, Enes Kanter, Carmelo Anthony..among others.

    Enes Kanter is running for Portland mayor. His no defense policies against protesters seems to have caught on with the locals.

    Tonight the Knicks will see an old friend in Carmelo Anthony. At age 36, Melo is living his best with LaLa Anthony recently on the Super Rich Housewives of Portland, Oregon.

    Should be a good game. Let's go Knicks!
    Last edited by Dr. Detfink; 01-24-2021 at 07:29 AM.

  2. 01-24-2021, 11:26 AM
    Reason
    Trolling

  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    2,457
    I think Quickly has two modes:

    1. Quixley: Guy can't miss, even shooting the moon's eye out.

    2. Quirkly: Guy can't get into the flow and shoots less than 35%.

    My potato skin match up is Obi Toppin vs Enes Kanter. Show me something, son.

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    54,170

    GT18: Most Ordained Knicks (8-9) @ Portland Trailblazers (8-6): Meet the ex-Knicks

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Detfink View Post
    I think Quickly has two modes:

    1. Quixley: Guy can't miss, even shooting the moon's eye out.

    2. Quirkly: Guy can't get into the flow and shoots less than 35%.

    My potato skin match up is Obi Toppin vs Enes Kanter. Show me something, son.
    I think when Quickley shoots poorly itís often bc he is to caught up in running the offense. He should just look to score first. When they stop you pass (not when you miss, when they stop you). I think he is trying to not be a ball hog and distribute but the second unit totally lacks guys that can create. When they struggle he struggles with deciding if he should attack or pass and everything suffers

    I actually think both units benefit from Quickley and Payton switching roles.


    Itís feeling like a Payton injury might need to happen for us to find out though


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 01-24-2021 at 01:17 PM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LI-NY
    Posts
    35,835
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I think when Quickley shoots poorly itís often bc he is to caught up in running the offense. He should just look to score first. When they stop you pass (not when you miss, when they stop you). I think he is trying to not be a ball hog and distribute but the second unit totally lacks guys that can create. When they struggle he struggles with deciding if he should attack or pass and everything suffers

    I actually think both units benefit from Quickley and Payton switching roles.


    Itís feeling like a Payton injury might need to happen for us to find out though


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I feel like we may even miss Rivers a bit in that regard even with how poorly he was playing. There were too many possessions last game where dudes on the bench unit were hiding from the ball. The most glaring was when Quickley was stuck after picking up his dribble at the FT line and desperate for someone to come get the ball and everyone just left him hanging so he put up a crazy shot that went in. Rivers at least will take ownership of a possession when it starts to get sticky.

    Burks needs to be that guy though but he may not have as much 1v1 skills as I thought. Seems like he just tries to force-draw fouls when he needs to beat his man.

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    parts unknown
    Posts
    54,170

    GT18: Most Ordained Knicks (8-9) @ Portland Trailblazers (8-6): Meet the ex-Knicks

    Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    I feel like we may even miss Rivers a bit in that regard even with how poorly he was playing. There were too many possessions last game where dudes on the bench unit were hiding from the ball. The most glaring was when Quickley was stuck after picking up his dribble at the FT line and desperate for someone to come get the ball and everyone just left him hanging so he put up a crazy shot that went in. Rivers at least will take ownership of a possession when it starts to get sticky.

    Burks needs to be that guy though but he may not have as much 1v1 skills as I thought. Seems like he just tries to force-draw fouls when he needs to beat his man.
    I donít like being dependent on Rivers. I think we could stagger subs a little. We can play 10 guys with out it being 2 5 man units. Right now the second unit is too dependent on Quickley. Randle and Barrett both play a lot of mins but they also seem to play the same mins.

    I think that or switching up the units a little might help. Quick for Payton is how Iíd do that

    Who knows Thibs might want them to work through it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 01-24-2021 at 02:43 PM.
    Rep Power: 0




    Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    7,905
    Agree with the staggering. Actually one of my biggest critiques of Thibs at the moment is the platoon strategy - let either RJ or Randle play with the bench guys a bit, it will help when the young bench guys are struggling.

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LI-NY
    Posts
    35,835
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I donít like being dependent on Rivers. I think we could stagger subs a little. We can play 10 guys with out it being 2 5 man units. Right now the second unit is too dependent on Quickley. Randle and Barrett both play a lot of mins but they also seem to play the same mins.

    I think that or switching up the units a little might help. Quick for Payton is how Iíd do that

    Who knows Thibs might want them to work through it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree that Quickley for Payton seems to be the easy maneuver to balance things out for both units. And yes it will most likely require an injury for that to happen.

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    LI-NY
    Posts
    35,835

    GT18: Most Ordained Knicks (8-9) @ Portland Trailblazers (8-6): Meet the ex-Knicks

    Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfStarks View Post
    Agree with the staggering. Actually one of my biggest critiques of Thibs at the moment is the platoon strategy - let either RJ or Randle play with the bench guys a bit, it will help when the young bench guys are struggling.
    I think there are def some mins where there is overlap/mixing between 1st and 2nd unit. Heís not subbing in all 5 guys for the 5 guys on the court every time. But he does give the 5 bench guys an extended run once all the subs are in and they all start the 4th quarter.

  10. #9
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    49,904
    Frank is upgraded to questionable for tonights game so maybe we see him soon or even tonight? Question is what minutes? We can't even get Quicks min.


    Not sure how up to date this is but if it is, really helps the Knicks:

    INJURIES: Trail Blazers: Jusuf Nurkic: out (wrist), Zach Collins: out (ankle), CJ McCollum: out (left foot).

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    11,466
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Frank is upgraded to questionable for tonights game so maybe we see him soon or even tonight? Question is what minutes? We can't even get Quicks min.


    Not sure how up to date this is but if it is, really helps the Knicks:

    INJURIES: Trail Blazers: Jusuf Nurkic: out (wrist), Zach Collins: out (ankle), CJ McCollum: out (left foot).
    With Rivers and Bully out, Frank might get the start, especially if coach wants to keep Burks with the bench to give them a punch.

  12. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    11,177
    Free obi!!!!!!!

  13. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    11,466
    Gotta love Obi's attitude. The kid is wiling to do anything to win. I think we'll see him really shine when we get him a little more PG help but so far, you can see the explosiveness and the will to work to get better. Lets hope he continues to get better.

  14. #13
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    49,904
    Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    With Rivers and Bully out, Frank might get the start, especially if coach wants to keep Burks with the bench to give them a punch.
    Doubt it when he is just returning but I'd guess IQ would get the start with Burks off the bench and Frank getting some minutes too.

  15. #14
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    49,904
    I'm guessing Rivers gets the start tonight?

    NY_KnicksPR
    @NY_KnicksPR

    22h
    Injury Report - 1/24 at POR: Questionable - Frank Ntilikina (sprained right knee) and Austin Rivers (sore right Achilles); Doubtful - Reggie Bullock (sore neck).

  16. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    12,652
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    I'm guessing Rivers gets the start tonight?

    NY_KnicksPR
    @NY_KnicksPR

    22h
    Injury Report - 1/24 at POR: Questionable - Frank Ntilikina (sprained right knee) and Austin Rivers (sore right Achilles); Doubtful - Reggie Bullock (sore neck).
    Dude is a bum. Start Burks

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •