Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Makes sense for both Staff and the Lions, but the teamís going to eat around $25M in dead cap space this year if they move him, the most dead cap taken on by a team in NFL history. Really hoping for a 1st and 3rd this year and a 2nd or 3rd in Ď22.

Quote Originally Posted by Five Angels View Post
    Makes sense for both Staff and the Lions, but the teamís going to eat around $25M in dead cap space this year if they move him, the most dead cap taken on by a team in NFL history. Really hoping for a 1st and 3rd this year and a 2nd or 3rd in Ď22.
    The cap hit is irrelevant as long as your saving money. Seeing as Detroit is rebuilding it really doesnít matter.

[Sileo] 49ers & the Lions are talking about a deal for Matthew Stafford. The Patriots are also going to be involved in potential talks. Bill Belichick has consulted ownership on numerous issues in the past!

Sounds like Jimmy G to the Pats maybe? And Stafford to the 49ers?
    Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Sticking to traditions:

IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

Chris Ballard needs to get this done. Let's gamble.

I can see Stafford wanting to go back to Cali, meaning 49ers.

Too bad the Rams can't get rid of Goff until 2022 or they might be in the mix as well.

The loser of the Stafford sweepstakes can trade for Wentz whether its Indy or SF

I guess they should have drafted Herbert last year.

I want the Pats to be all over this.

If Belli is the goat coach he should win a ring with Stafford (if healthy). Pats have a lot of ways to improve the team going into the off-season.

The Stafford supporters should have no excuses, if Stafford doesn't do well beyond the regular season in NE with Bill.

So Detroit has the Colts, Steelers, Saints, 49ers and Pats all as potential trade partners, and obviously the Bears are in the market as well, though no chance heís dealt to Chicago. Quite the sellerís market. Reports are the Lions front office is looking for a real haul in return, itíll be interesting what the teams come back with.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    Yeah the talk of anything less than at least a 1st is ridiculous. This dude is worth at least that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Trade compensation is also impacted by the contract a player already has. If Stafford's contract was north of $30mil per no way they get a 1st, but since it's in the 22 range, they should easily expect a 1st plus. If it's a team like the Jets, I could see it being an exchange of 1sts in the package, but for Matt's sake I'd hope he gets to a team at least possible to be a contender (say Carolina) or likely to be a contender with him (like Indy, SF, or maybe his best landing spot Washington).

I disagree with whoever said Stafford doesn't make other players better....his situation in Detroit has always been the primary reason that doesn't appear true.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    I can see Stafford wanting to go back to Cali, meaning 49ers.

Too bad the Rams can't get rid of Goff until 2022 or they might be in the mix as well.
    Back to Cali? dude is from Florida and went to school in Georgia
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Back to Cali? dude is from Florida and went to school in Georgia
    I must have confused him with someone else... looks like I got some work to do if I want to become a Lions fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Five Angels View Post
    So Detroit has the Colts, Steelers, Saints, 49ers and Pats all as potential trade partners, and obviously the Bears are in the market as well, though no chance heís dealt to Chicago. Quite the sellerís market. Reports are the Lions front office is looking for a real haul in return, itíll be interesting what the teams come back with.
    Washington will be in the mix too.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    Trade compensation is also impacted by the contract a player already has. If Stafford's contract was north of $30mil per no way they get a 1st, but since it's in the 22 range, they should easily expect a 1st plus. If it's a team like the Jets, I could see it being an exchange of 1sts in the package, but for Matt's sake I'd hope he gets to a team at least possible to be a contender (say Carolina) or likely to be a contender with him (like Indy, SF, or maybe his best landing spot Washington).

I disagree with whoever said Stafford doesn't make other players better....his situation in Detroit has always been the primary reason that doesn't appear true.
    To back your last point up, just look at Marvin Jones career since joining the Lions. His career definitely took a upswing playing with Stafford. Golden Tate put up better numbers with Stafford too.

Quote Originally Posted by mark1125 View Post
    Washington will be in the mix too.
    Oh yeah, good point, especially with Martin Mayhew at GM there now.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast