Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 41 of 41
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    57,728
    Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Well yeah but after reichs first year on the colts they were 10-6 and won a playoff game. Thatís why I think itís relevant, nobody was poached after that first year even though they had some success. I agree, I think after the 2022 season is the first year we might see some poaching
    Most guys won't be poached after a single year, though. Especially 1st year OCs who don't call plays, or a DB coach. Eberflus was also a 1st year DC.

    Staley is a pretty rare example of a 1 year DC to HC. It has to be a great type of a year, on top of a right fit. Look at guys like Joe Brady who haven't been a front runner, basically, anywhere.

    The Eagles would probably have to be a top 8 DVOA defense, while winning 10 games next year, as well as Sirriani being pretty damn awesome for Gannon to grab a HC spot next year. I just don't think that's very likely (and not because I don't like them, I just think that's a very heavy ask right now).

    Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 01-24-2021 at 03:01 PM.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    3,617
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Most guys won't be poached after a single year, though. Especially 1st year OCs who don't call plays, or a DB coach. Eberflus was also a 1st year DC.

    Staley is a pretty rare example of a 1 year DC to HC. It has to be a great type of a year, on top of a right fit. Look at guys like Joe Brady who haven't been a front runner, basically, anywhere.

    The Eagles would probably have to be a top 8 DVOA defense, while winning 10 games next year, as well as Sirriani being pretty damn awesome for Gannon to grab a HC spot next year. I just don't think that's very likely (and not because I don't like them, I just think that's a very heavy ask right now).

    Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    Right, thatís what I was trying to say. I think teams will wait a few years at least to start poaching the eagles staff

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    3,617

    Jonathon Gannon - New DC

    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Auburn's Tracy Rocker likely to be DL coach.

    Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    Lol.. Itís funny the media is calling him auburns DL coach because Auburn literally named him defensive line coach 10 days ago. I think thatís just click bait because auburn has had some great defensive lines over the years. Not saying rocker isnít good or anything, but he probably shouldnít be called ďauburns defensive line coachĒ by the media because he should get no credit for their D-Line.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    17,660
    Gannon might take a year but keep in mind this is a rebuild. Losing a guy like Gannon would hurt lol especially if we go like 7-9 with promising future aspirations

    If we go 7-9 and things look good and then we evolve to letís say 10-6 heís gone and unfortunately gone right as weíre about to turn a corner

    Or OC. It may not seem instant. But with how well herbert played, if we hired steichman and he lets say turns wentz around? Arguably a top 3 story of the 2020 season was wentz demise?

    Every GM in the league will take notice of that combined with herbert. QB is everything. If he does what he did with herbert and turns Carson around heís getting hired as a HC in 2022. No doubt in my mind

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    3,617
    Did some research on this Tracy rocker guy, he might be a good coach but sounds like heís a ***** to be honest.. He supposedly packed his office up in the middle of the night and left South Carolina college team to sign with auburn without telling South Carolina what was happening.. Now he is flirting with the eagles after agreeing to go to auburn just 10 days ago...

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    17,660
    Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Did some research on this Tracy rocker guy, he might be a good coach but sounds like heís a ***** to be honest.. He supposedly packed his office up in the middle of the night and left South Carolina college team to sign with auburn without telling South Carolina what was happening.. Now he is flirting with the eagles after agreeing to go to auburn just 10 days ago...
    In his defense (and this is barely a defense lol) heís 54 years old. You got to get to the gettin to while you can lol

    For a guy that age to get an NFL opportunity? Heís probably like over the moon

    Also Iím actually a believer in college coaches for position coaches because their entire job is development which is what you need at position coaches

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    3,617

    Jonathon Gannon - New DC

    Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    In his defense (and this is barely a defense lol) heís 54 years old. You got to get to the gettin to while you can lol

    For a guy that age to get an NFL opportunity? Heís probably like over the moon

    Also Iím actually a believer in college coaches for position coaches because their entire job is development which is what you need at position coaches
    Agreed with your last sentence for sure. But Iím not sure I like the idea of a guy like this being on our staff. He screwed over South Carolina and auburn in the last 2 weeks alone.lol

    Youíre right though, heís probably thrilled about going to the nfl. I also saw somewhere that he has a son about to be drafted? Maybe heís hoping the eagles can take a chance there, I donít know. But then if the eagles donít draft his son, is he gonna screw the eagles over like the last two teams and go coach where his son is drafted?

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    R.D
    Posts
    17,755
    This feels like Chip kelly 2.0


    Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers fan


    "Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    3,617

    Jonathon Gannon - New DC

    Quote Originally Posted by papirico52 View Post
    This feels like Chip kelly 2.0
    Gannon? or sirianni? Or just the whole hiring process in general?

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bethlehem
    Posts
    42,477
    Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Gannon? or sirianni? Or just the whole hiring process in general?
    Shouldnít be anything. Doesnít seem like Sirianni has anywhere close to the arrogance Chip had/s. Chips arrogance was his downfall.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    17,660
    Chip was a great coach for Philly in his first 2 seasons. He didnít grow as a coach (something andy didnít do either until KC really)

    But him as a GM and him as a personality weíre the issues

    But josh mcdaniels was moreso the chip Kelly hire. Where he wouldíve come in here, he wouldíve probably had us in the playoffs by year 2 and the moment he got success he wouldíve likely tried to either slowly or quickly take over football operations

    Like chip did lol

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •