Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Well yeah but after reichs first year on the colts they were 10-6 and won a playoff game. Thatís why I think itís relevant, nobody was poached after that first year even though they had some success. I agree, I think after the 2022 season is the first year we might see some poaching
    Most guys won't be poached after a single year, though. Especially 1st year OCs who don't call plays, or a DB coach. Eberflus was also a 1st year DC.

Staley is a pretty rare example of a 1 year DC to HC. It has to be a great type of a year, on top of a right fit. Look at guys like Joe Brady who haven't been a front runner, basically, anywhere.

The Eagles would probably have to be a top 8 DVOA defense, while winning 10 games next year, as well as Sirriani being pretty damn awesome for Gannon to grab a HC spot next year. I just don't think that's very likely (and not because I don't like them, I just think that's a very heavy ask right now).

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by 1908_Cubs; 01-24-2021 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Most guys won't be poached after a single year, though. Especially 1st year OCs who don't call plays, or a DB coach. Eberflus was also a 1st year DC.

Staley is a pretty rare example of a 1 year DC to HC. It has to be a great type of a year, on top of a right fit. Look at guys like Joe Brady who haven't been a front runner, basically, anywhere.

The Eagles would probably have to be a top 8 DVOA defense, while winning 10 games next year, as well as Sirriani being pretty damn awesome for Gannon to grab a HC spot next year. I just don't think that's very likely (and not because I don't like them, I just think that's a very heavy ask right now).

Right, thatís what I was trying to say. I think teams will wait a few years at least to start poaching the eagles staff

Jonathon Gannon - New DC

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Auburn's Tracy Rocker likely to be DL coach.

Lol.. Itís funny the media is calling him auburns DL coach because Auburn literally named him defensive line coach 10 days ago. I think thatís just click bait because auburn has had some great defensive lines over the years. Not saying rocker isnít good or anything, but he probably shouldnít be called ďauburns defensive line coachĒ by the media because he should get no credit for their D-Line.

Gannon might take a year but keep in mind this is a rebuild. Losing a guy like Gannon would hurt lol especially if we go like 7-9 with promising future aspirations

If we go 7-9 and things look good and then we evolve to letís say 10-6 heís gone and unfortunately gone right as weíre about to turn a corner

Or OC. It may not seem instant. But with how well herbert played, if we hired steichman and he lets say turns wentz around? Arguably a top 3 story of the 2020 season was wentz demise?

Every GM in the league will take notice of that combined with herbert. QB is everything. If he does what he did with herbert and turns Carson around heís getting hired as a HC in 2022. No doubt in my mind

Did some research on this Tracy rocker guy, he might be a good coach but sounds like heís a ***** to be honest.. He supposedly packed his office up in the middle of the night and left South Carolina college team to sign with auburn without telling South Carolina what was happening.. Now he is flirting with the eagles after agreeing to go to auburn just 10 days ago...

Did some research on this Tracy rocker guy, he might be a good coach but sounds like heís a ***** to be honest.. He supposedly packed his office up in the middle of the night and left South Carolina college team to sign with auburn without telling South Carolina what was happening.. Now he is flirting with the eagles after agreeing to go to auburn just 10 days ago...
    In his defense (and this is barely a defense lol) heís 54 years old. You got to get to the gettin to while you can lol

For a guy that age to get an NFL opportunity? Heís probably like over the moon

Also Iím actually a believer in college coaches for position coaches because their entire job is development which is what you need at position coaches

Jonathon Gannon - New DC

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    In his defense (and this is barely a defense lol) heís 54 years old. You got to get to the gettin to while you can lol

For a guy that age to get an NFL opportunity? Heís probably like over the moon

Also Iím actually a believer in college coaches for position coaches because their entire job is development which is what you need at position coaches
    Agreed with your last sentence for sure. But Iím not sure I like the idea of a guy like this being on our staff. He screwed over South Carolina and auburn in the last 2 weeks alone.lol

Youíre right though, heís probably thrilled about going to the nfl. I also saw somewhere that he has a son about to be drafted? Maybe heís hoping the eagles can take a chance there, I donít know. But then if the eagles donít draft his son, is he gonna screw the eagles over like the last two teams and go coach where his son is drafted?

This feels like Chip kelly 2.0

Authentic Phillies, Eagles , Sixers fan

"Do not scorn a weak cub, he may become a brutal tiger"

Jonathon Gannon - New DC

Quote Originally Posted by papirico52 View Post
    This feels like Chip kelly 2.0
    Gannon? or sirianni? Or just the whole hiring process in general?

Gannon? or sirianni? Or just the whole hiring process in general?
    Shouldnít be anything. Doesnít seem like Sirianni has anywhere close to the arrogance Chip had/s. Chips arrogance was his downfall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Chip was a great coach for Philly in his first 2 seasons. He didnít grow as a coach (something andy didnít do either until KC really)

But him as a GM and him as a personality weíre the issues

But josh mcdaniels was moreso the chip Kelly hire. Where he wouldíve come in here, he wouldíve probably had us in the playoffs by year 2 and the moment he got success he wouldíve likely tried to either slowly or quickly take over football operations

Like chip did lol

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123