Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    This could be a recipe for disaster. You have a first time HC and you hire a DC with no experience. I get Sirianni wants to hire his guy. Again it 'may work' or the Eagles may be sitting here next season looking to hire an entire new staff.

Any words on who they have interview for the OC job?

At this point why not hire another guy on the Colts staff for OC

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    This could be a recipe for disaster. You have a first time HC and you hire a DC with no experience. I get Sirianni wants to hire his guy. Again it 'may work' or the Eagles may be sitting here next season looking to hire an entire new staff.
    I mean, I doubt next year they will be looking at hiring a new staff even if they are pretty bad. Everything the eagles have done so far screams that they are looking at a long term plan. Long term plans a lot of times take years to develop. These coaches are very young, they will likely be given some time to develop. Iíd say minimum they will have 2 years to show what they can do, and even then they may replace coordinators before they replace sirianni.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe1016 View Post
    Any words on who they have interview for the OC job?
    I put this comment in the other thread. Not guaranteed but rumor is these are some of the guys the eagles are looking at.

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    https://www.insidethebirds.com/post/...ges-with-wentz

Some very interesting potential names for sirianniís staff.

First one is Shane Steichen, OC of the chargers. Heís still under contract there so this is a stretch, they did hire a defensive minded head coach so they may want to keep him or maybe Staley wants to bring his own guy to replace him. If he is replaced, supposedly heís cool with coming onto siriannis staff as an OC. Thatíd be a big win in my opinion, but again a long shot.

Second, Tom Manning, offensive coordinator from Iowa state. He worked with sirianni one season on the colts. I wonder what role this would be but some speculate TE coach and/or running game coordinator

Third, Kevin patullo, of the colts. Sounds like sirianni really likes this guy and he really helped a lot in the passing game prep. Again, another name under contract so the colts will either have to sign off on him leaving (unlikely) or the eagles will have to give him a higher position than he currently has to legally poach (not sure if QB coach would be a higher position than pass game coordinator or not?

Jonathon Gannon - New DC

Also another rumored guy at OC, Anthony Lynn had ties to sirianni so he was a potential candidate but today it was announced that heís signing with the lions.

My thoughts: since this Anthony Lynn news came AFTER the lions announce stafford would leave the lions. I think it means the eagles werenít super interested in him, otherwise I think heíd choose the eagles. The eagles probably have someone else in mind.

Pep Hamilton at OC is a name to look out for. Helped Justin Herbert a lot this past year

Officially done. Gannon signed.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    Officially done. Gannon signed.

Good signing

great hire. Nice to see the eagles land a guy like this. excited to see a new take on our DBs and DBs in general. the colts had great DB play

my only concern that a do have with these hires. especially if we get Steichen. is Steichen and Gannon are the prototype "HC candidates" which is going to be frustrating

so don't expect to enjoy Gannon for long lol

Quote Originally Posted by last stand View Post
    great hire. Nice to see the eagles land a guy like this. excited to see a new take on our DBs and DBs in general. the colts had great DB play

my only concern that a do have with these hires. especially if we get Steichen. is Steichen and Gannon are the prototype "HC candidates" which is going to be frustrating

so don't expect to enjoy Gannon for long lol
    Defensive coordinators arenít poached as much as OCs are. I also wonder if teams will wait a couple seasons to poach off the eagles because the staff is so young. I think the colts are a good example of that under frank reich, young team, did they have any poached up until this year?

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    Defensive coordinators arenít poached as much as OCs are. I also wonder if teams will wait a couple seasons to poach off the eagles because the staff is so young. I think the colts are a good example of that under frank reich, young team, did they have any poached up until this year?
    None, but they also had the Jacoby Brissett season in which they weren't particularly good, so it wasn't really that likely anyone was getting poached, either.

With the Eagles likely to be not great next year, I think after 2022 is the earliest anyone gets poached here.

Auburn's Tracy Rocker likely to be DL coach.

Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    None, but they also had the Jacoby Brissett season in which they weren't particularly good, so it wasn't really that likely anyone was getting poached, either.

With the Eagles likely to be not great next year, I think after 2022 is the earliest anyone gets poached here.

Well yeah but after reichs first year on the colts they were 10-6 and won a playoff game. Thatís why I think itís relevant, nobody was poached after that first year even though they had some success. I agree, I think after the 2022 season is the first year we might see some poaching

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast