Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 76 to 81 of 81
  1. #76
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    56,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    What, pray tell, good did the shutting down of churches, restaurants, etc. do? What good did the shutting down of schools do? If you say that these stupid policies saved lives, tell me how many did they save? Do you know? For sure? No way. Not when the data itself is bogus to begin with which it is. have you thought about how many suicides have been caused by these shutdowns and isolations? How about all of the people who haven't been treated for their own diseases and physical and mental problems because of the way the states have handled this virus? How many people lost good paying jobs because of the shutdowns?

    Trump made a mistake, a big mistake, and that was listening to the people who advised him what to do instead of trusting his instincts. Faucci is a jerk-off weasel and some of the others who gave him advice let him down a bad path of shutting things down and allowing the states so much discretion on how to handle the affairs within the state. New York is a great example of a governor with blood on his hands. I hate Cuomo. A wannabee Teflon Don.
    Another cartoonish rant.
    Last edited by spliff(TONE); 01-29-2021 at 04:40 PM.

  2. #77
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    35,978
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    We have a great idea what the spread is based on the deaths. Since day 1 deaths has been the accurate number, not cases. This is why I am making the point that increased testing isnt the cause of the increased numbers. If it was the cases would increase at quicker rate than the deaths.

    I'm guessing 70-90% based on the fact that this virus gets into the environment by exiting an infected persons lungs, and masks seem to decrease the amount of air exhaled into the environment by roughly 70-90%.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    How is a death a covid death without testing the patient?

  3. #78
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    35,978
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Except more testing helps us discover more positive cases of Covid because as you said testing does not create positives.

    Or put another way, if we conducted zero tests there would be exactly as many people who are positive with Covid would not change.

    And to the larger point, no our testing is not inflating the amount of Covid cases in the US.
    nasty is arguing that more testing doesn't change the count of positive cases which you agree he is wrong about. The fact that the US has done more testing per capita than the majority of countries does mean that the number of recorded positives we have will be higher.

    That said, more testing should help us reduce the spread of the virus and certainly doesn't CAUSE more cases.

    I don't think I ever said more testing creates more infections.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    37,102
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    How is a death a covid death without testing the patient?
    Could be clinical diagnosis.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  5. #80
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    37,102
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    nasty is arguing that more testing doesn't change the count of positive cases which you agree he is wrong about. The fact that the US has done more testing per capita than the majority of countries does mean that the number of recorded positives we have will be higher.

    That said, more testing should help us reduce the spread of the virus and certainly doesn't CAUSE more cases.

    I don't think I ever said more testing creates more infections.
    Haha, I didn't say more testing doesnt change the positive cases, I said the increase in cases is not due to increased testing, it is due to increased spread.

    People are making the argument that our numbers are high BECAUSE of our increased testing. That's false. Its false because the case to death ratio has remained relatively similar.

    What this means is that we aren't having increased positives because we are testing more people. We are having increased positives because the virus is spreading and people are coming in to be tested.

    Another way to say it is, the increased testing isnt giving us more positives amongst people who otherwise would not have tested positive. They would have tested positive regardless because the positives are coming from people having symptoms etc.

    What you're saying would be true if we had test sites set up to test anyone, and people who otherwise would not have been tested are now being tested and giving us a lot more positives.

    But thats not what's going on and we know because of the case to death ratio.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  6. #81
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    37,102
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post

    That said, more testing should help us reduce the spread of the virus and certainly doesn't CAUSE more cases.
    .
    Of course it doesn't CAUSE more cases, but it could CAUSE more recorded positives.

    Again, in some scenarios it could be. If the case to.death ratio doubled, then we would say the increased testing is the cause for the jump in recorded positive cases.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •