Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 81
  1. #61
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    716
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Actually itís logic. More testing results in more positive tests, but the number of people who have the virus (or are positive) is the same because the tests arenít causing the positive result, the virus is.

    If we tested zero people and if we tested everybody, the amount of people who have the virus is the exact same.

    Furthermore, the anti-testing because it creates more positives crowds started this argument because of a disbelief that Covid is as serious or widespread as claimed and their goal is to reduce testing to minimize the official numbers to downplay its severity.

    Which is to say you seem to once again be arguing for the side you donít claim to believe and for the side you do claim to believe.
    The tests themselves are unfortunately very inaccurate. Tons of false positives(look it up). Very few people argue that Covid itself isn't serious. I sure don't believe that. But shutting down a large percentage of businesses and putting people out of work requiring massive spending to give them aid was and is a stupid decision based on politics and not reason.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    56,702
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    The tests themselves are unfortunately very inaccurate. Tons of false positives(look it up). Very few people argue that Covid itself isn't serious. I sure don't believe that. But shutting down a large percentage of businesses and putting people out of work requiring massive spending to give them aid was and is a stupid decision based on politics and not reason.
    More like you being so against such measures is politically fueled stupidity.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    37,936
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    The tests themselves are unfortunately very inaccurate. Tons of false positives(look it up). Very few people argue that Covid itself isn't serious. I sure don't believe that. But shutting down a large percentage of businesses and putting people out of work requiring massive spending to give them aid was and is a stupid decision based on politics and not reason.
    What should we have done about Covid?

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    96,537
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Talk about dense.
    The osmium of the chemical community.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

    https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    37,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Look, it's math.

    With a virus, you must assume you have not found every positive case out there right?

    If you agree that not every positive case has been found then testing more people will eventually find it right?

    Therefore, more testing results in more positives. It cannot be otherwise.

    And what the hell are you talking about delusional and masks? You are arguing math with me and have either chosen to not understand or actually don't understand then you throw in a random thing about masks? Or are you now saying that requiring masks would cut the virus spread by 90% when it hasn't worked anywhere else in the western world that way? (which still have absolutely nothing to do with the fact that more tests results in more positives)
    Yes but the increased testing has only kept pace with the spread, it isnt a source of boosted numbers.

    If the deaths was not rising and the cases were, then what you are saying would be true. The jump in numbers would be attributed to the increased testing.

    But since the deaths jumped at the same rate, that means the increased viral spread is what the jump in numbers is attributed to. Does that make sense?

    I'm talking about masks because I'm telling you a simple.way to see for yourself what rough effect wearing a mask has on viral spread.


    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    35,969
    Quote Originally Posted by valade16 View Post
    Actually itís logic. More testing results in more positive tests, but the number of people who have the virus (or are positive) is the same because the tests arenít causing the positive result, the virus is.

    If we tested zero people and if we tested everybody, the amount of people who have the virus is the exact same.

    Furthermore, the anti-testing because it creates more positives crowds started this argument because of a disbelief that Covid is as serious or widespread as claimed and their goal is to reduce testing to minimize the official numbers to downplay its severity.

    Which is to say you seem to once again be arguing for the side you donít claim to believe and for the side you do claim to believe.
    I'm NOT arguing anything other than with nasty that more testing results in more positives which he is denying.

    I was not arguing that testing creates positive results.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    35,969
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    100% right. I think that Biden and his handlers must be playing to the lowest IQ quadrant of this country with this mandatory mask rule cutting the virus down by 90%. It would be nice if it really were that easy. But the virus is a ***** that cannot be stopped so easily. It is really great that Trump managed to partner with Big Pharm to develop and streamline getting vaccines out to the public to fight this virus. that is and will save thousands maybe millions of lives
    Please don't try to help me.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    35,969
    Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Yes but the increased testing has only kept pace with the spread, it isnt a source of boosted numbers.

    If the deaths was not rising and the cases were, then what you are saying would be true. The jump in numbers would be attributed to the increased testing.

    But since the deaths jumped at the same rate, that means the increased viral spread is what the jump in numbers is attributed to. Does that make sense?

    I'm talking about masks because I'm telling you a simple.way to see for yourself what rough effect wearing a mask has on viral spread.
    How do you know the increased testing has kept pace? Without the testing we have no idea what the spread is. More testing should actually reduce spread some, but that's not the point you made. You said that more testing doesn't result in more positives and that single point is not true.

    If someone died and was not tested then that death would not be attributed to covid.

    So you think mandatory masks would have cut the spread of the virus by 90%. What are you basing that on? Can I see a link?

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    37,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    How do you know the increased testing has kept pace? Without the testing we have no idea what the spread is. More testing should actually reduce spread some, but that's not the point you made. You said that more testing doesn't result in more positives and that single point is not true.

    If someone died and was not tested then that death would not be attributed to covid.

    So you think mandatory masks would have cut the spread of the virus by 90%. What are you basing that on? Can I see a link?
    We have a great idea what the spread is based on the deaths. Since day 1 deaths has been the accurate number, not cases. This is why I am making the point that increased testing isnt the cause of the increased numbers. If it was the cases would increase at quicker rate than the deaths.

    I'm guessing 70-90% based on the fact that this virus gets into the environment by exiting an infected persons lungs, and masks seem to decrease the amount of air exhaled into the environment by roughly 70-90%.

    Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

    "i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

    "God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

    "don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    37,936
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    I'm NOT arguing anything other than with nasty that more testing results in more positives which he is denying.

    I was not arguing that testing creates positive results.
    Except more testing helps us discover more positive cases of Covid because as you said testing does not create positives.

    Or put another way, if we conducted zero tests there would be exactly as many people who are positive with Covid would not change.

    And to the larger point, no our testing is not inflating the amount of Covid cases in the US.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    716
    Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    More like you being so against such measures is politically fueled stupidity.
    What, pray tell, good did the shutting down of churches, restaurants, etc. do? What good did the shutting down of schools do? If you say that these stupid policies saved lives, tell me how many did they save? Do you know? For sure? No way. Not when the data itself is bogus to begin with which it is. have you thought about how many suicides have been caused by these shutdowns and isolations? How about all of the people who haven't been treated for their own diseases and physical and mental problems because of the way the states have handled this virus? How many people lost good paying jobs because of the shutdowns?

    Trump made a mistake, a big mistake, and that was listening to the people who advised him what to do instead of trusting his instincts. Faucci is a jerk-off weasel and some of the others who gave him advice let him down a bad path of shutting things down and allowing the states so much discretion on how to handle the affairs within the state. New York is a great example of a governor with blood on his hands. I hate Cuomo. A wannabee Teflon Don.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    716
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Please don't try to help me.
    Okay. i didn't know that I was trying to help you, though.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    37,936
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    What, pray tell, good did the shutting down of churches, restaurants, etc. do? What good did the shutting down of schools do? If you say that these stupid policies saved lives, tell me how many did they save? Do you know? For sure? No way. Not when the data itself is bogus to begin with which it is. have you thought about how many suicides have been caused by these shutdowns and isolations? How about all of the people who haven't been treated for their own diseases and physical and mental problems because of the way the states have handled this virus? How many people lost good paying jobs because of the shutdowns?

    Trump made a mistake, a big mistake, and that was listening to the people who advised him what to do instead of trusting his instincts. Faucci is a jerk-off weasel and some of the others who gave him advice let him down a bad path of shutting things down and allowing the states so much discretion on how to handle the affairs within the state. New York is a great example of a governor with blood on his hands. I hate Cuomo. A wannabee Teflon Don.
    What should we have done about Covid?

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    50,873
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    The man did a good job in dealing with an attack by China on the world.
    A flat world too right? Watch out for 5G vaccines too. Theyíll turn ya gay and make ya read books.

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Where the smog meets the shore
    Posts
    50,873
    Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    100% right. I think that Biden and his handlers must be playing to the lowest IQ quadrant of this country with this mandatory mask rule cutting the virus down by 90%. It would be nice if it really were that easy. But the virus is a ***** that cannot be stopped so easily. It is really great that Trump managed to partner with Big Pharm to develop and streamline getting vaccines out to the public to fight this virus. that is and will save thousands maybe millions of lives



    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •