Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    A national healthcare system means covid tests are free. Like we have here in Canada. Free tests = easier to identify the virus. There’s 1000000 reasons why a national system would’ve handled it better.

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    If we have 1/4 the cases and 1/4 the deaths, while having less than 1/20 the world population, then clearly the spread is much worse here than the rest of the world.

Yes, the consistent death rate hurts the country with the worse spread.

I dont know what national health care would do exactly, but I know a competent science based response would have us using mandatory distancing, travel restriction, and screening measures starting in January 2019. If we did that we would have prolonged those march april surges until this winter. That's a HUGE difference.

US testing more isnt the reason our numbers are high, as you mentioned yourself our death rate is in line with everyone else. The spread (and subsequent death) is much worse here.

Belgium just banned all leisure travel, exactly what I was saying CA, WA, and NY should do back in February...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Your number was 1/8th the spread. How are they going to achieve that when 90% of the countries in the world have not managed that (and the ones that did are mostly very sparsely populated with very little travel or are easily isolated)? You say you don't know what they would do but you claim 1/8th the deaths ... where did that come from?

And yes, testing rates does equate to more positive tests. It cannot do otherwise.

Good luck locking down a state let alone a country that has never been able to do it before and that is still filled with a bunch of pig headed individualists. Or do you want a police state far worse than what the BLM protesters have seen in the last 12 months?

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    A national healthcare system means covid tests are free. Like we have here in Canada. Free tests = easier to identify the virus. There’s 1000000 reasons why a national system would’ve handled it better.
    There is no such thing as free.

A national health care system MAY have handled it better, but they could also have not got the tests made and distributed any faster than they were.

I am for universal health care but if the leaders are wrong (and the patients don't listen) the results in a pandemic are still bad.

Somethings are free

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Covid tests HAVE by and large been free in the US
    Free to the person, not the country...just like Canada

I've been tested 3 times. The only one I paid for was the one I requested post-flight when I flew to Hawaii. Even my pre-flight test I didn't have to pay for.
    Last edited by SiteWolf; 01-24-2021 at 01:04 PM.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post

I've been tested 3 times. The only one I paid for was the one I requested post-flight when I flew to Hawaii. Even my pre-flight test I didn't have to pay for.
    Were they covered through your work? Here in Canada you need a provincial health card to get a free covid test. So even if you don't have coverage through work you just have to be born in Canada or have been living in the same province for 1 year.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post

A national health care system MAY have handled it better, but they could also have not got the tests made and distributed any faster than they were.

I am for universal health care but if the leaders are wrong (and the patients don't listen) the results in a pandemic are still bad.
    I live in Toronto, Ontario. The biggest city in Canada. I went and got tested back in November. I had to wait in line for 2-2.5 hours for the test. My results were emailed to me the next day and I wasn't charged a cent. Yes, our taxes go to our healthcare so based on a technicality the covid tests aren't "free" but we pay nothing out of pocket for them.

I have 0 issue with my tax dollars going to healthcare and only hope that it gets expanded to dental and pharma as well. Every Canadian should have access to all the basic forms of healthcare.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post

The reason I was uncertain if you are for universal healthcare is because you're always criticizing it despite saying you support it.

The trouble with the Covid "tests" is that they are not accurate. False positives occur all of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Prey View Post
    The trouble with the Covid "tests" is that they are not accurate. False positives occur all of the time.
    Well I guess we shouldn't test at all then, right?

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Somethings are free

Such as Diseases

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post

it also depends on the situation. I have been looking up sites right now cause I am sick and need to get tested and everything says "you may be eligible for no cost testing" so I assume that means if you don't meet their criteria for testing you either aren't getting it or you have to pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by spliff(TONE) View Post
    Well I guess we shouldn't test at all then, right?
    Well, maybe not. Tell me something. I don't know the answer to the question and I am asking sincerely. It is known that the Covid test in a high percentage of the cases gives off false positives, does it also return results that show a person is not infected that actually is? My guess is YES. But it is just a guess.

I do know this, testing for Covid has been medically a failure and has greatly shut down general medical care in this country and others. I have a very bad knee and a debilitating neurological condition for over a year. Get care from two very large health plan providers, Kaiser and the VA. How many times do you think that I have been hands-on treated for the two conditions? The answer is ZERO. Its not for lack of trying either and it also isn't the fault of the doctors or nurses in this country. It is the FAULT of the MEDICAL PROVIDERS themselves and the self serving a-holes who used Covid as a means of enriching their coffers.

The medical community in this country and probably the world have pretty much let down the entire country and the world in their policies and decisions.

Of course the tests spit out both false positives and false negatives. Everything going on with COVID-19 is a work in progress. Just because the tests are imperfect doesn't mean that they should be discontinued or ignored.

Would a National Healthcare system have done a better job with the Covid response?

Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    Such as Diseases
    Breathing, cumming, lots of things are free. People love bumper stickers that they can use to pretend it’s illogical to disagree with them

Last edited by ewing; 01-24-2021 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast