Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    Well, looking at guys like Valenciunas, Capela, and Turner, would Mitch be worth more than them?
    These are the comps I would imagine his agents use for his next contract.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    These are the comps I would imagine his agents use for his next contract.
    Yeah, I’m wondering if he compares favorably to those guys. That’s why I’m putting a max of 4/60.

Mitch is everything I want a NY Knick to be. His effort on every play regardless of score, is not about looking for a payday and every bit about who he is as a player. Extend Mitch now and stop looking to get over on him.

What is Mitch really worth? I have no idea but I wouldn't blink at 5/90 right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Bivory View Post
    Mitch is everything I want a NY Knick to be. His effort on every play regardless of score, is not about looking for a payday and every bit about who he is as a player. Extend Mitch now and stop looking to get over on him.

What is Mitch really worth? I have no idea but I wouldn't blink at 5/90 right now.
    18mil for a guy who can't catch a pass unless he's in air near basket thank god your not the GM.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cheetos185 View Post
    18mil for a guy who can't catch a pass unless he's in air near basket thank god your not the GM.

Tyson Chandler couldn’t catch a pass in traffic and would get 18M easy in today’s market.

He has weirdly struggled at catching passes in the paint below the rim lately, but if this was the only criteria for being a center then very few centers would actually get paid.

His primary job is on the defense, and he's anchoring a top one. He's also rebounding really well. And I believe his finishing will get back to how it was last year. He's worth it.

How are Mitch's passing skills? Oh that's right probably the worst in the league, this guy is 7 ft should face the basket and be able to pass to open cutters, all he is done is catch the ball, won't look at the rim, turn his back and hand it off, and sometimes even that simple routine gets stolen for a layup.

I love Mitch, but you guy's as cheets said glad your not the gm, I'd wager money he wouldn't get 5/90, and wage a lot.
    Defense is good, but he's still not elite, you can't pay a guy that much with that low of a BB IQ, he has not come close to earning that kind of money, I remain at 12-13 and think he will be very please with it. knicks can give him the 5th year and that security for a guy like Mitch he will jump at.

Honestly it wouldn't shock me if he got 10m per year, not at all, but I think 12-13 is fair on both ends.

And to put Mitch on Chandler's level is just silly, again he hasn't earned it yet.

4 years 62 million with a slight front load. Get it done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Tyson Chandler couldn’t catch a pass in traffic and would get 18M easy in today’s market.
    Tyson was also good rebounder and didn't get pushed around by every C in league.

Tyson was also good rebounder and didn't get pushed around by every C in league.

Neither does Mitch. So you agree he should get paid then?

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba313 View Post
    Neither does Mitch. So you agree he should get paid then?
    You guys are crazy you want to pay someone just for rim protection I remember some of you were screaming at paying KP max value who could do so much more then Mitch.

Mitchell Robinson

You guys are crazy you want to pay someone just for rim protection I remember some of you were screaming at paying KP max value who could do so much more then Mitch.

Mitch has grown defensively. It’s more than just rim protection. He’s evolved into a true anchor, he understands positioning, he’s a deterrent and a force down there in all ways on defense. He is a guy you can legitimately build a top 5 defense around and he’s 22. He’s a good rebounder too and only really gets bullied around by the biggest dudes in the league like Drummond and even then he battles his *** off.

And no one is saying to max Mitch.

Noel is an elite rim protector and no one here is saying we should even resign him let along give him a big contract. By saying all Mitch does is protect the rim you are saying Noel is just as good. The drop off from Mitch to Noel is massive in impact and Noel is an elite rim protector so what does that tell you?

Noel is an elite rim protector and no one here is saying we should even resign him let along give him a big contract. By saying all Mitch does is protect the rim you are saying Noel is just as good. The drop off from Mitch to Noel is massive in impact and Noel is an elite rim protector so what does that tell you?
    Noel is trash even at rim protection

maybe this will help with what Mitch will make:

As the New York Knicks continue to delay Mitchell Robinson’s contract extension, naturally, rumors will sprout about his future with the team.
    On Tuesday night, a rumor surfaced online that Robinson’s camp is not confident that the up-and-coming center will sign an extension with the Knicks.

Kris Pursiainen of the Knicks Film School and a former Sports Illustrated writer has heard from a source familiar with the situation that this might be Robinson’s last season with the Knicks.

I'm hearing that there isn't much confidence within Mitchell Robinson's camp that he'll sign an extension. Someone familiar with the situation informed me that this might be his last year with the Knicks as things stand.

Hopefully the two sides are able to work something out…

— kris pursiainen (@krispursiainen) January 20, 2021

Marcell Scott, Jr., Robinson’s trainer, quickly shut down the rumor.

“100% not true. He [Robinson] loves the direction the Knicks are heading, plus he loves New York,” Scott Jr. told Empire Sports Media in a text message. “His new agency and myself (his camp) has absolutely no issues!!!”

Robinson has recently dumped super-agent Rich Paul and joined the Wasserman group, his sixth agency in three years.

The 23-year old center is due for $1.6 million this season, a bargain deal considering his value on the court. So far, Robinson has been outplaying his contract.

Last summer, ESPN’s Front Office Insider Bobby Marks broke down the contentious issue surrounding Robinson’s contract extension that may explain why the Knicks are holding out.

“If the Knicks extend him the maximum of a projected three years, $35 million, his new salary would replace the $1.9 million cap hold for 2022. The Knicks could also amend the contract to decline his option in 2021-22 and sign him to a four-year, $50 million extension. In either scenario, New York would lose up to $10 million in cap flexibility,” Marks wrote.

“However, if there is no extension in place, the Knicks could lose him for nothing because he will become an unrestricted free agent in 2022.”

Robinson appears to enjoy the faith of the new coaching staff, particularly head coach Tom Thibodeau after a rough start during the summer. After Robinson skipped the second part of their OTA due to personal reasons, Thibodeau posited during the training camp that Robinson has to grow in two areas—professionalism and discipline.

Robinson started the preseason on the bench, but he has worked his way up to the starting unit.

When the season started, Thibodeau pivoted to using Robinson more than veteran Nerlens Noel, who was out for a significant time due to injury. Thibodeau has been effusive in his praise ever since, describing his young center as the Knicks’ defensive anchor.

“You guys haven’t seen it yet, but it’s coming,” said Thibodeau talking about Robinson’s rise unprompted after the Knicks’ big win on the road in Indiana last January 3.

In the Knicks’ stunning 7-8 start, Robinson is averaging 8.5 points, 8.3 rebounds, 1.4 steals, 1.8 blocks, and a career-high 30 minutes of playing time. What’s striking is his much-improved discipline on the defensive end.

His shot-blocking rate may be down, but he’s been altering shots and defending the rim with better footwork. He has managed to cut down on his fouls to 2.7 compared to 3.2 and 3.3, respectively, in his first two seasons.

The way Thibodeau has talked about Robinson, it’s clear that he’s a big part of the Knicks’ future.

The inevitable would come. Robinson will get paid in his next contract. And that should come next summer.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast