Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    I don't believe you understand my point that it's a business, and Knicks hold the key and if he wants to not make 2m next year then he won't ask for what you suggest. If he does I think I say see ya. and by that I mean trade him, he'd net us a good first for sure and maybe a shooter.

No way this guy has earned more than Sabonis at 17m. He is not close to Sabonis.

And thank you Dr Detfink but what you don't mention the things he improved on per game is because he's on the floor much longer and things he went down are percentages, and his FT % is major concern.

You don't pay a guy that much money you have to fear him at the end of the game if he touch's the ball and gets fouled,, his hands of stone on any pass face down is ridiculous.

We shall see but I see Mitch after FA this year getting a new contract and Knicks can lure him in with a 5 year deal for around 12-13m. That is a smart FO.
    i would imagine his trade value would take a big hit if he only had 1 year on his deal with no rights attached, meaning a team that traded for him would send back about $2m in salary, but would need to actually have cap space to resign him. that alone would severely limit the amount of teams that could even trade for him.

obviously would love him back at 12-13m, just not sure that's realistic, that's not much higher than the MLE.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    i thought we shouldve gone after him this summer, if he opted out. maybe if we had offered 4/72m he would have opted out.

I like him, he's a bigger version of THJR and more durable. And crazy at it might sound THJR is also a FA and a good fit. but I def have Duncan Rob well ahead of both. Duncan is one of the best shooters in the game, he might be the best high volume/high % 3pt shooter in the league, and he's a solid defender and 2 years younger than Evan.
    D-Rob is proving himself an elite shooter. I agree, maybe the best. He should be a main target.

Mitchell Robinson

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyOne View Post
    D-Rob is proving himself an elite shooter. I agree, maybe the best. He should be a main target.
    Id love him to. One we all agree on. Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ewing; 01-23-2021 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Want to see him expand his socring if he can

But he is such an impactful defender and currently tied for 10th in win shares

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    If love him to. One we all agree on. Cheers!

Iím sure there will be some that donít agree. But heís well worth a pile of our cash

also if Sabonis were a FA now he'd probably get a max deal, so not sure you can use him as a comp for $17m, he's a bargain.

also if Sabonis were a FA now he'd probably get a max deal, so not sure you can use him as a comp for $17m, he's a bargain.
    Well, looking at guys like Valenciunas, Capela, and Turner, would Mitch be worth more than them?

Mitchell Robinson

Iím sure there will be some that donít agree. But heís well worth a pile of our cash
    What about him plus Kennrick Dunn?
    Quickley and Dunn at PG, Duncan maybe Burks comes back at the two. So long as Julius Randle is a HOFer thatís a nice little team

Last edited by ewing; 01-23-2021 at 11:18 PM.

What about him plus Kennrick Dunn?
    Quickley and Dunn at PG, Duncan maybe Burks comes back at the two. So long as Julius Randle is a HOFer thatís a nice little team

I donít see Nunn as a PG answer. Iíd be cool with getting him, but I donít see him being a fix

Mitchell Robinson

Noel doesnt do the same. not sure he can be counted on for big minutes either. I like him, but he's 6'11 201lbs, Mitch has a good 50 pounds on him and Mitch even struggles getting bodied sometimes.

It would have been one thing to trade Mitch to draft a PG or wing, but to just lose him for nothing would make no sense. Cap space shouldn't be our priority. At this point i'd be happy if we just signed ONE good young player long term, but even that seems to be asking too much. the chances of us signing TWO good young players with Mitch's cap space ... well i'm not holding my breath. Just overpay Duncan Rob this summer and we're good.

Mitch
    Randle
    RJ
    Duncan
    IQ

with Obi as a 3rd big, that's something.
    Noel is listed at 220lbs. Thatís still skinny though and he does get knocked around though.

Duncan would be a tremendous fit here.

Mitchell Robinson

I donít see Nunn as a PG answer. Iíd be cool with getting him, but I donít see him being a fix
    Iíd like to do better but I think he should on our radar. Heís 25 but Its only his second year in the league so has sone room for growth, can shoot it, has quickness, and experience running the point for a good team. I think if we donít get a big fish at the PG spot him and Quickley could be a nice platoon. Of course price matters but I feel Nunn is underrated. He might be a bargain

Last edited by ewing; 01-24-2021 at 12:15 AM.

Iíd like to do better but I think he should on our radar. Heís 25 but Its only his second year in the league so has sone room for growth, can shoot it, has quickness, and experience running the point for a good team. I think if we donít get a big fish at the PG spot him and Quickley could be a nice platoon. Of course price matters but I feel Nunn is underrated. He might be a bargain

Thereís also him being a RFA. If itís too cheap, Miami easily matches

Thereís also him being a RFA. If itís too cheap, Miami easily matches
    I thought he was unrestricted and might be looking to move on

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    Noel is listed at 220lbs. Thatís still skinny though and he does get knocked around though.

Duncan would be a tremendous fit here.
    ESPN has him at 201, but yes he's really skinny, his legs are twigs. Can't depend on him as a full time C.

Yea Sabonis signed his deal years ago when he was a 20-25 mpg player. Heís getting maxed as soon as heís able. This is a dumb argument, Steph Curry was making 11M while MVP. Loads of worse players signed bigger contracts while he was locked into that deal.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast