Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I think itís reasonable to expect him to land somewhere between Capela, Turner, Adams. This is contingent upon the Knicks staying where they are around .500 and remaining a top 5 defensive team, with Mitch being the anchor and DPOY candidate.

I think an anchor is also much more important on a Thibs team than another team that maybe doesnít emphasize defense at that spot the same way vs floor spacing or something like that. Essentially meaning if you have Thibs and you have a legit young anchor at 22 you donít let him go.

If Mitch wants 4/80, bye. I love the guy, but heís very limited. Weíre paying Noel $6M to do basically what he does. Noel isnít as big and doesnít finish as well, but he still protects the rim very well.

Hopefully we can sign him for something similar to what Wood got, or less.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post
    If Mitch wants 4/80, bye. I love the guy, but heís very limited. Weíre paying Noel $6M to do basically what he does. Noel isnít as big and doesnít finish as well, but he still protects the rim very well.

Joe Harris and Bogdonovich just got 18M/year to be 3rd/4th options without defense. I think what Mitch does for our defense is worth that type of deal if not more.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Joe Harris and Bogdonovich just got 18M/year to be 3rd/4th options without defense. I think what Mitch does for our defense is worth that type of deal if not more.
    I donít think thatís fair. Neither is bad on that end. And offense/shooting is where the moneys at

Let's see what Knicks do but if it were up to me I would trade Mitch for Wiseman if gsw is open to it.

Sent from my HD1905 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by D-Leethal View Post
    Positional value and offense > defense

Also just because other teams overpay, doesnít make it a good idea.

When you glance at Moscow Mitch's number, they're almost down across the board.

PPG: -.5 per game.
    FG%: -8.1%
    FT%: -10.4%
    Blocks: -0.2 per game.

However...

Rebounds are up 1.4 per game
    Steals are up by 0.4 per game.

Overall, Moscow Mitch is playing smarter ball and staying in games a lot longer. Defense isn't just about raw data, it's discouraging the opponent into looking elsewhere.

How much is he worth? Not quite Andre Drummond money but I'm guessing his agent will be asking $18M/season.

Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    If Mitch had guys' playing defense like this last year could you imagine? You think it's not part of the reason he has less fouls? Mitch had to do everything last year, guys were beat left and right, up and down, and even sideways lol......

As far as Sabonis, Indy had to extend him or he'd become a UFA, think they actually got away with murder him taking the 17m. Mitch is not a rookie scale contract that expires and he becomes a UFA. Mitch actually has one more year left after this season for less than 2m.

Huge, huge difference.
    if we exercise that option then we lose his rights and he becomes an UFA after next season. so I imagine we will extend him after this season. 4/60m or 4/72m seem like the range, but I think it might take 4/80m especially considering Mitch has been unhappy with his agents and underpaid.

Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    if we exercise that option then we lose his rights and he becomes an UFA after next season. so I imagine we will extend him after this season. 4/60m or 4/72m seem like the range, but I think it might take 4/80m especially considering Mitch has been unhappy with his agents and underpaid.
    This is kind of where I am at. I think teams tend to overpay "their guys" sometimes too. Just like Nets with Harris. We may need to overpay Mitch a little bit to keep him happy, he seems like he has some diva in him and we don't want to let this situation get out of hand like we did with KP. Just pay the man and let Thibs have his anchor for the next decade.

Mitch has shown growth this year, staying on the floor, playing 30mpg... we need to extend him. making him play next year again for $2m will probably just alienate him.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungStuna View Post

Noel doesnt do the same. not sure he can be counted on for big minutes either. I like him, but he's 6'11 201lbs, Mitch has a good 50 pounds on him and Mitch even struggles getting bodied sometimes.

It would have been one thing to trade Mitch to draft a PG or wing, but to just lose him for nothing would make no sense. Cap space shouldn't be our priority. At this point i'd be happy if we just signed ONE good young player long term, but even that seems to be asking too much. the chances of us signing TWO good young players with Mitch's cap space ... well i'm not holding my breath. Just overpay Duncan Rob this summer and we're good.

Mitch
    Randle
    RJ
    Duncan
    IQ

with Obi as a 3rd big, that's something.

I don't believe you understand my point that it's a business, and Knicks hold the key and if he wants to not make 2m next year then he won't ask for what you suggest. If he does I think I say see ya. and by that I mean trade him, he'd net us a good first for sure and maybe a shooter.

No way this guy has earned more than Sabonis at 17m. He is not close to Sabonis.

And thank you Dr Detfink but what you don't mention the things he improved on per game is because he's on the floor much longer and things he went down are percentages, and his FT % is major concern.

You don't pay a guy that much money you have to fear him at the end of the game if he touch's the ball and gets fouled,, his hands of stone on any pass face down is ridiculous.

We shall see but I see Mitch after FA this year getting a new contract and Knicks can lure him in with a 5 year deal for around 12-13m. That is a smart FO.

Noel doesnt do the same. not sure he can be counted on for big minutes either. I like him, but he's 6'11 201lbs, Mitch has a good 50 pounds on him and Mitch even struggles getting bodied sometimes.

It would have been one thing to trade Mitch to draft a PG or wing, but to just lose him for nothing would make no sense. Cap space shouldn't be our priority. At this point i'd be happy if we just signed ONE good young player long term, but even that seems to be asking too much. the chances of us signing TWO good young players with Mitch's cap space ... well i'm not holding my breath. Just overpay Duncan Rob this summer and we're good.

Mitch
    Randle
    RJ
    Duncan
    IQ

with Obi as a 3rd big, that's something.
    You watch the Magic right? How do you feel about Evan as a potential target?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post

Iíd take him. He fits. Not sure what the market will be for him

Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post

i thought we shouldve gone after him this summer, if he opted out. maybe if we had offered 4/72m he would have opted out.

I like him, he's a bigger version of THJR and more durable. And crazy at it might sound THJR is also a FA and a good fit. but I def have Duncan Rob well ahead of both. Duncan is one of the best shooters in the game, he might be the best high volume/high % 3pt shooter in the league, and he's a solid defender and 2 years younger than Evan.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast