Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Get the For Sale Sign out Early Steve!

It seems this COVID set up is really causing issues for teams with injuries or COVID related issues so teams are already looking to fill spots. I would say Steve is going to have to stay on his toes all ready to see if he can get some picks or prospects from teams. I the Penguins are already looking for a defenseman (Nemeth/Stecher?) and others are looking for a goalie (Bernier might be attractive with a good start), and fill in players for the roster (Glendening, Helm, Filppula, Gagner) so get what we can early since most teams view themselves as "having a chance" and we know we are back end still even with a good start. It's all about the next two years, IMO. Fill with young and sign FA over the next two summers.

I'd love to see a Nemeth to Pittsburgh for a second or third in 2022 (The Penguins don't have many in 2021) or Calle Clang and say Nathan Lagare with a 6th round pick. Why not completely try to fleece them and shoot for Sam Poulin.

Also, interested to see what we could put together for Pierre-Luc Dubois? Will it take a Bertuzzi and some young ones? Really don't know at this point.

Columbus needs C depth from what I can tell. I don't think we can really afford to move any centers given we need help there too (or will have it rise through the organization soon).

LeBrun did theorize the Wings could be in on PLD so I suppose its possible. I just don't know how well the Wings match up with CBJ's needs, plus being in the same division will probably jack up the price for us.

I'm reading that Philly and Pittsburgh are scouting defense. I would love to see Nemeth, Staal, Stecher, or DD take those spots with some picks or prospects back. Then we could finally see what Cholowski and Lindstrom can do. They can't do much worse, IMO. Give the kids the ice Blash, for God sakes let them play.

Just saw that St. Louis is getting calls on Vince Dunn. I would be all for that from Steve. He is still young and just having a bad start to the season. He is a talented puck mover that would fit in really nicely here. Looks like they are asking for a 1st rounder but have seen sites saying a player/prospect and 2nd might do it. I'd go one step further since they need a RHD man.

Stecher, Cholowski, and a 3rd (Vegas) 2021 for Dunn and a 4th (2022) or 5th (2021).

Here's some news from Danny Silver from NHLTradeRumors.me:

Jimmy Murphy of FHN has said that GM Chuck Fletcher could be active in the trade market sooner rather than later. Additionally, Murphy stated that the Flyers are scouting Danny DeKeyser of the Red Wings. DeKeyser's cap hit is currently $5 million, which could be problematic given the Flyers' limited cap space. Dekeyer was limited to 8 games in the 2019-20 season due to injury, but there's no indication this will be an issue in the future. The Flyers are rumored to have Shayne Gostisbehere on the table with the Florida Panthers, but this isn't necessarily the case for the Red Wings.

The New Jersey Devils are also reportedly interested in DeKeyser. The Devils currently have $6.635 million in available cap space, and they're much more competitive in the East Division than most had expected. Ty Smith has looked great so far, but the limited talent on their blueline is a gaping hole in their opportunity to create success.

***I don't think Danny has looked good at all but he did score last night. Maybe that will push his needle a little bit. Don't really know what he would bring back but can't imagine it's much but money off our payroll.

So got my first waiver guy I want. LHD Kyle Capobianco. Solid player, just 23, and lots of upside. Scoop him up Stevie.