Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    I think every other fan base would disagree with that assessment.
    Maybe but they would be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Maybe but they would be wrong.

There have been studies on this. Every fan base is the same. People think theirs is always smarter or more loyal etc....or that some fan bases are more arrogant and obnoxious itís all been debunked.
    A certain percentage of every fan base ( letís say 10 percent ) is totally crazy and another 10 percent are smart. Well of course a larger fan base will appear to be more crazy but percentage wise they are all the same.

So one fan base hears how great their team is every year, but their optimism is the same as any other? Does not compute.
    I actually agree with Mariner. I think each fan base thinks they have a good shot to win the SB or at least get the Championship game. They have to think that either in camp or coming out of camp. You donít think people in Jacksonville are optimistic? Or the Titans fans (since they were previously mentioned)? I bet their fans think they have a chance to compete with the Chiefs next season.

Now ESPN may not give a crap about the Jags or Titans because outside of those teamsí fan base no one really gives a crap about those teams. The networks wonít make money off those teams so they donít show them. That doesnít mean the fan base doesnít think they canít make it to the SB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There have been studies on this. Every fan base is the same. People think theirs is always smarter or more loyal etc....or that some fan bases are more arrogant and obnoxious itís all been debunked.
    A certain percentage of every fan base ( letís say 10 percent ) is totally crazy and another 10 percent are smart. Well of course a larger fan base will appear to be more crazy but percentage wise they are all the same.
    Are there studies on which team collectively produces more offseason hype? Because that was much actual argument. Obviously fans are fans for a reason. But I didn't see any Browns fans predict a SB appearance last year. Yet they got a whole lot closer than the Cowboys.

Are there studies on which team collectively produces more offseason hype? Because that was much actual argument. Obviously fans are fans for a reason. But I didn't see any Browns fans predict a SB appearance last year. Yet they got a whole lot closer than the Cowboys.
    Well if you didnít see one then I guess it never happened.

Well if you didnít see one then I guess it never happened.
    It's the point of hype that it's visible, isn't it?

Either way, I'm fairly certain fewer than 0.5% of Browns fans predicted a SB appearance in 2020.

I heard that the cowboys did a 2021 hype video and forgot that dak played for the team. Is that true

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Apparent Dak started following the WFT on Twitter. Then the Cowboys released a hype video today and this happen. Zeke was also missing from the video.

https://twitter.com/calvinwatkins/st...443390477?s=21
    Dak is currently unsigned and therefore not a member of the Cowboys currently, no? Makes sense he wouldn't be in their video.

Going to WASH makes little sense too as Dallas has the better team outside of QB, on offense at least.

Finally, WASH just extended their QB and shouldn't really want to go after Dak.
    Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Sticking to traditions:

IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

It's the point of hype that it's visible, isn't it?

Either way, I'm fairly certain fewer than 0.5% of Browns fans predicted a SB appearance in 2020.
    https://www.google.ca/amp/s/amp.usat...amp/2212857001

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    I actually agree with Mariner. I think each fan base thinks they have a good shot to win the SB or at least get the Championship game. They have to think that either in camp or coming out of camp. You donít think people in Jacksonville are optimistic? Or the Titans fans (since they were previously mentioned)? I bet their fans think they have a chance to compete with the Chiefs next season.

Now ESPN may not give a crap about the Jags or Titans because outside of those teamsí fan base no one really gives a crap about those teams. The networks wonít make money off those teams so they donít show them. That doesnít mean the fan base doesnít think they canít make it to the SB.
    There is a small % of each fanbase that always thinks "this year is the year" but most fans of bad teams don't think that. Source: Bills 1995-2018.
    Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Sticking to traditions:

IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

That article is from 2019; I was talking about 2020. I'm aware that there was some very premature Browns hype in 2019, but also this article is about gamblers picking them, not necessarily Browns fans. And still, the odds of the Browns winning the SB did not eclipse those of the Cowboys winning it.

That must have ignored Carolina in that study. Panthers fans are awful and notoriously fair weather. Prior to Cam/Kuechly the average home fan was just old rich retirees who attended for the social aspect and would root for their NFCE/AFCN/wherever team when they came to Charlotte. Steelers, Cowboys, and Giants games were basically home games for those teams, and that's still partly true even now.

That article is from 2019; I was talking about 2020. I'm aware that there was some very premature Browns hype in 2019, but also this article is about gamblers picking them, not necessarily Browns fans. And still, the odds of the Browns winning the SB did not eclipse those of the Cowboys winning it.
    Well fans are much more optimistic then gamblers.
    Your only going by your perceptions which can be very misleading.
    If you walk into a bar and there are 10 lions fans and 100 cowboy fans. Ten percent of each fan base behaves very poorly. That means you will see one lion fan and ten cowboy fans behaving poorly.
    You will walk out thinking cowboy fans are worse.
    Every fan base is roughly the same. Larger fan bases can distort your perceptions but percentages wise they are the same.

Dak Prescott destinations

Well fans are much more optimistic then gamblers.
    Your only going by your perceptions which can be very misleading.
    If you walk into a bar and there are 10 lions fans and 100 cowboy fans. Ten percent of each fan base behaves very poorly. That means you will see one lion fan and ten cowboy fans behaving poorly.
    You will walk out thinking cowboy fans are worse.
    Every fan base is roughly the same. Larger fan bases can distort your perceptions but percentages wise they are the same.
    Percentage of fan bases, sure, but not all fanbases are the same size as in your example.

The raw numbers of fans shouldnít be overlooked. 10% of a billion fans will be louder than 10% of a million.

Does it make them worse? I mean maybe. You have a bigger pool of people to look at the level of *******ness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast