Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    41 million per for 3 years...Dak would have to be a fool to turn that down but I thought Dak wanted 4 years not 3
    I thought it was the other way around. The cowboys wanted a longer term deal and dak wanted a shorter deal so he could capitalize on the tv deal in a few years that would expand the NFL’s salary cap by a ton.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    Dak’s agent is predicting 3 yrs $123M

https://twitter.com/clarencehilljr/s...208219651?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Wowzers

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I know the response to this all the time is "oh his wife makes so much more". But I think it needs to be said:

I think Tom Brady has shown the theoretical cap of what to pay a great QB and also still field a team that can win. $20-25million AAV is about the cap. Almost every other position out there has this "cap" of what they can get payed, and to push beyond that you have to be so much better. QB is a position where teams were so willing to pay more and more out of fear of losing the QB.

It was brought up elsewhere, but the poster theorized if there will be a team that spends on defense, WR's, and OL and starts treating the QB position like RB that if you stay on rookie contracts and affordable contracts can you continually field a competitive team.

On the Dak side of things here: He is in no way worth $41million a season. He's not better than Mahomes, and this "he's getting his contract after" thing, because we all know that's actually a weak reasoning anyways. We're now getting reports that not only is the 2021 cap going to be less than 2020, but so will the 2022 and 2023 and you want more? This is just the stupidest of the stupid.
    If an NFL QB is unable to marry a wealthy woman it's a red flag IMO. (Or talented enough to be wealthy given opportunity.)
    Last edited by QB_Eagles; 02-26-2021 at 01:10 PM.

On the Dak side of things here: He is in no way worth $41million a season. He's not better than Mahomes, and this "he's getting his contract after" thing, because we all know that's actually a weak reasoning anyways. We're now getting reports that not only is the 2021 cap going to be less than 2020, but so will the 2022 and 2023 and you want more? This is just the stupidest of the stupid.
    The way negotiating works is typically to ask for more than you want to settle for less than you asked for.

Seems possible or even likely at this point that Dak keeps asking for a lot because he doesn't actually want to stay in Dallas and is trying to get traded or to FA.
    Dak: 17,634 @ 66.0%, 7.7 per att, 106+24 TD, 40 INT+34 FMB, 97.3 Rate
    Wentz: 16,811 @ 62.7%, 6.7 per att, 113+8 TD, 50 INT+58 FMB, 89.2 Rate

Quote Originally Posted by manbearchef View Post
    I'll eat a shoe if BB is still coaching in 5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Sticking to traditions:

IF Wentz is a Philadelphia Eagle in 2021, he will be the starter. If not, bye bye PSD, I'll leave.
    "Hater" is a term used by weak minded people in the face of legitimate criticism.
    -Scott van Pelt

41 million per for 3 years...Dak would have to be a fool to turn that down but I thought Dak wanted 4 years not 3
    He wanted 4 years, last year. He’s banking on the cap increase because of the new tv deal. He wants to be able to cash in again while there’s still a lot of money out there. That’s really been the hold up. The Cowboys want to lock him in to a 5-6 year deal. If they did that he would likely be a bargain at the end of that deal (even at $35M per) because of the increase in the cap. His agent apparently wants $41M per for 3 years so that he can get another increase (likely with 1 year left on the 3 year deal).

The Jones are holding steady that they WILL NOT give him anything less than a 5 year deal. Stephen said last year that “they just don’t do 4 year deals”. To me that’s arrogance by the Jones’.

He wanted 4 years, last year. He’s banking on the cap increase because of the new tv deal. He wants to be able to cash in again while there’s still a lot of money out there. That’s really been the hold up. The Cowboys want to lock him in to a 5-6 year deal. If they did that he would likely be a bargain at the end of that deal (even at $35M per) because of the increase in the cap. His agent apparently wants $41M per for 3 years so that he can get another increase (likely with 1 year left on the 3 year deal).

The Jones are holding steady that they WILL NOT give him anything less than a 5 year deal. Stephen said last year that “they just don’t do 4 year deals”. To me that’s arrogance by the Jones’.

Which is why it would serve Dallas right if Dak leaves

Quote Originally Posted by QQQ View Post
    I thought it was the other way around. The cowboys wanted a longer term deal and dak wanted a shorter deal so he could capitalize on the tv deal in a few years that would expand the NFL’s salary cap by a ton.
    That is the contract Dak’s agent wants. 3 yrs for $123M ($41M per). The Cowboys want to lock him in to a 5-6 year deal.

Which is why it would serve Dallas right if Dak leaves
    They should have signed him when both Wentz and Goff got their deals. At this point I’d be perfectly
    Ok with Dak being traded or even allowed to walk as long as they can get one of the top 5 QB’s in this draft. Or Wilson or Deshaun of course.

If Dak is tagged and not extended expect him to ask for a 2 year contract next year. Bank it. He wants to be hitting the market again at 30. If he gets a second mega deal for 5-6 years at 30 he really wins.

If Dak is tagged and not extended expect him to ask for a 2 year contract next year. Bank it. He wants to be hitting the market again at 30. If he gets a second mega deal for 5-6 years at 30 he really wins.

He stands to make $70M over 2 seasons if he’s tagged again. He’s pretty much already won. Lol

He stands to make $70M over 2 seasons if he’s tagged again. He’s pretty much already won. Lol

Tagging him for two seasons at 70 million is cheaper then what he wanted.

That is the contract Dak’s agent wants. 3 yrs for $123M ($41M per). The Cowboys want to lock him in to a 5-6 year deal.

Giving him the money he wants and asking for more years is not a bad thing. The cowboys wanting more years to lower the initial cap hit to have a better team around him is a healthy compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Tagging him for two seasons at 70 million is cheaper then what he wanted.
    True, I was just pointing out that Dak is winning at life right now either way.

Quote Originally Posted by mariner4life View Post
    Giving him the money he wants and asking for more years is not a bad thing. The cowboys wanting more years to lower the initial cap hit to have a better team around him is a healthy compromise.
    Not according to Dak’s agent apparently.

The Cowboys have to Tag him (overpay) Sign him to an extension (overpay) or let him walk. Its pretty much the Kirk Cousins situation all over again.

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast