Or other locations where you can send Dak

Miami Dolphins
    Carolina Panthers
    Chicago Bears
    Houston Texans
    Houston? Lol can you imagine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Well they are in need of a QB

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Well they are in need of a QB
    They’re ‘not trading Watson’. Even if they did, it’s a sign of a rebuild. Why the hell would they go for Prescott?

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Quote Originally Posted by koldjerky View Post
    They’re ‘not trading Watson’. Even if they did, it’s a sign of a rebuild. Why the hell would they go for Prescott?

I agree that Dak doesn’t make sense for Houston.

He does make perfect sense for Chicago or San Fran though. Both teams are ready to win (and not rebuilding). If those teams can find a way to pay him Dak makes perfect sense for either team.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    I agree that Dak doesn’t make sense for Houston.

He does make perfect sense for Chicago or San Fran though. Both teams are ready to win (and not rebuilding). If those teams can find a way to pay him Dak makes perfect sense for either team.

Dak to the 49ers or Bears makes the most sense...much rather have Dak than Jimmy G or I would rather have Dak than Trubisky

Quote Originally Posted by Tg11 View Post
    Or other locations where you can send Dak

Miami Dolphins
    Carolina Panthers
    Chicago Bears
    Houston Texans
    I think I would rather have a rookie than Prescott in Carolina. I don't think he is worth what some team is going to have to pay him.

Quote Originally Posted by QB_Eagles View Post
    Not this again.

I probably wouldn't have made fun of the Cowboys for signing Dak long-term. I am certainly making fun of them now for the dilemma they are in, either having to pay a QB coming off a season-ending injury $37.7 million in what is likely to be a year when the cap shrinks, or losing Dak to free agency.

Also all the leaked, supposed contract offers never had full terms. We only ever heard about the average or the guarantees. You can't give anyone "the benefit of the doubt" based on incomplete information. I'd have to check the leaks again, but AFAIK Dak was never offered money and terms appropriate for the QB market at the respective point in time. Besides, the Cowboys front office could have probably signed Dak to a $30M/year contract before Wentz and Goff signed their extensions. But they weren't even really interested at that point and still wanted to do evaluation.
    You nailed it. Word around town from some people in the know including a prominent radio host and Athletic contributor indicates Jerry and the Boys organization were leaking false rumors about contract details to make Dak's side look bad in the court of public opinion. Playing on the fact that 90% of the people are stupid enough to side with the Billionaire owners over the players for some odd reason. The fact that the Cowboys let Zeke jump the line for a an inordinately huge RB contract that is already a bad contract before it even kicks in this season is beyond absurd. They literally are willing to pay Zeke 5 times the going rate for his level of declining production but wont pay Dak the actual going rate when re-upping the most important position in the game. No wonder Jerry hasn't sniffed the Super Bowl in 25 long years.

https://twitter.com/slaternfl/status...850541057?s=21

If I'm Dak I test the market at this point as unrestricted free agent

Dak’s agent is predicting 3 yrs $123M

https://twitter.com/clarencehilljr/s...208219651?s=21

Dak’s agent is predicting 3 yrs $123M

https://twitter.com/clarencehilljr/s...208219651?s=21

41 million per for 3 years...Dak would have to be a fool to turn that down but I thought Dak wanted 4 years not 3

I know the response to this all the time is "oh his wife makes so much more". But I think it needs to be said:

I think Tom Brady has shown the theoretical cap of what to pay a great QB and also still field a team that can win. $20-25million AAV is about the cap. Almost every other position out there has this "cap" of what they can get payed, and to push beyond that you have to be so much better. QB is a position where teams were so willing to pay more and more out of fear of losing the QB.

It was brought up elsewhere, but the poster theorized if there will be a team that spends on defense, WR's, and OL and starts treating the QB position like RB that if you stay on rookie contracts and affordable contracts can you continually field a competitive team.

On the Dak side of things here: He is in no way worth $41million a season. He's not better than Mahomes, and this "he's getting his contract after" thing, because we all know that's actually a weak reasoning anyways. We're now getting reports that not only is the 2021 cap going to be less than 2020, but so will the 2022 and 2023 and you want more? This is just the stupidest of the stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I know the response to this all the time is "oh his wife makes so much more". But I think it needs to be said:

I think Tom Brady has shown the theoretical cap of what to pay a great QB and also still field a team that can win. $20-25million AAV is about the cap. Almost every other position out there has this "cap" of what they can get payed, and to push beyond that you have to be so much better. QB is a position where teams were so willing to pay more and more out of fear of losing the QB.

It was brought up elsewhere, but the poster theorized if there will be a team that spends on defense, WR's, and OL and starts treating the QB position like RB that if you stay on rookie contracts and affordable contracts can you continually field a competitive team.

On the Dak side of things here: He is in no way worth $41million a season. He's not better than Mahomes, and this "he's getting his contract after" thing, because we all know that's actually a weak reasoning anyways. We're now getting reports that not only is the 2021 cap going to be less than 2020, but so will the 2022 and 2023 and you want more? This is just the stupidest of the stupid.
    Exactly and if they re sign Dak they are pretty much screwing themselves in terms of being in cap hell

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast