Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    Did Trump add the “XL” to the end of the pipe lines name?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I doubt it. He'd call it TRUMP LINE!

But definitely not. Pretty sure they were pushing for Obama to do this, almost his entire presidency. Or at least the 2nd term.

I believe XL stands for Exports Limited. I think that the full name of the company is Keystone Exports Limited.
    Let's get embedded tweets working again!

https://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sh...5#post33780085

Quote Originally Posted by MRSpock View Post
    We will be ****ed already if oil becomes that scarce.
    It's going to happen. That's what happens with finite resources. Hopefully we come up with a way to synthesize it by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    It's going to happen. That's what happens with finite resources. Hopefully we come up with a way to synthesize it by then.
    Not really necessary, we already came up.with the next generation technology. Improving this technology is where everyone will be headed. I'm not saying it will be obsolete, but if we are going to synthesize energy it will most likely be something much more efficient.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

Quote Originally Posted by nastynice View Post
    Not really necessary, we already came up.with the next generation technology. Improving this technology is where everyone will be headed. I'm not saying it will be obsolete, but if we are going to synthesize energy it will most likely be something much more efficient.

We use oil for more than just energy. Lubricants and plastics are significant uses for oil.

Our replacement for oil (batteries) are FAR less energy dense so nowhere near a 1:1 replacement. We need a major leap forward in electricity storage before we can replace the super-cargo ships that transport goods around the world (the biggest polluters in transportation).
    Last edited by Scoots; 01-23-2021 at 02:00 AM.

We use oil for more than just energy. Lubricants and plastics are significant uses for oil.

Our replacement for oil (batteries) are FAR less energy dense so nowhere near a 1:1 replacement. We need a major leap forward in electricity storage before we can replace the super-cargo ships that transport goods around the world (the biggest polluters in transportation).
    Its still.going to go in that direction.

RAIDERS, SHARKS, WARRIORS

"i don't believe in mysteries but still i pray for my sister, when speaking to the higher power that listens, to the lifeless vision of freedom everytime we're imprisoned, to the righteous victims of people of a higher position" - planet asia, old timer thoughts

"God is Universal he is the Ruler Universal" - gangstarr (rip guru), robbin hood theory

"don't gain the world and lose your soul, wisdom is better than silver and gold" - bob marley, zion train

If the world continued at the rate we're at right now, we'd be looking at another 50 years worth of oil. And that's not including many unproven resources that are probably useable. If we stick to the plan many major countries will have reduced their emission by half (although we should be aiming higher).

I'm sorry but the math doesn't make sense at all that we "need" this oil. We don't. We NEED to push toward clean alternatives everywhere. Even if we continue with our plan, we're looking at billions dying from lack of water and food shortages. People moving closer together and fighting for limited resources.

I'd rather Mad Max stay a movie.

It's amazing to me how people don't take this seriously though. And I'm not even pointing the finger at you. GOP don't believe in it and Dems don't take it seriously.

Billions will die in your lifetime. If not yours than your kids lifetime.

We won't need to travel around the world because everyone will be living off of a coastal region in order to have fresh food and clean water. Countries will be abandoned from the heat.

By 2050 Australia is expected to have 3000-5000 deaths form heat alone.

Again this is just big oil companies trying to get the dirty oil sold before it becomes unsellable. **** that.

The company TransCanada Corp gave it the name Keystone Pipeline for its connection between producers and the market. When an extension was proposed in 2008, the XL was added and stands for eXport Limited.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Yes, this whole 'oil bad so pipeline bad' attitude with so many is shaky at best. This pipeline has been in progress for years, with part of it in use for several years. This doesn't even just effect THIS country, given the line begins in Alberta. PM Trudeau is pissed Biden did this- great start there.

Obama didn't like it so Biden doesn't like it. But Obama's reasons were flawed as well. This oil is going to get tapped regardless, for one thing....and a pipeline like this would make for a more environmentally safe way to transport it rather than tanker after tanker down the highways and railways.

Of course the idea is good to reduce our NEED for oil, and that's happening. But the NEED is still there and will BE there for YEARS before we're at the point we can just start shutting supplies down. Is Biden going after rigs in the Gulf of Mexico or looking to shut down companies drilling new wells? Why is a pipeline to transport already tapped oil such a bad idea he shuts it down on Day 1 in office?

This wasn't something started by Trump, the current phase was simply being given the go ahead by him after Obama was saying no. It's not a partisan thing and shouldn't be viewed as one. I'm not saying I'M for it, I just don't think Biden has all the right info right now to KILL it, nor am I sure he has the RIGHT to kill it.
    gotta love 'referential' treatment

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Didn't say they were victimized. I was going off Trudeau's campaign promises in 2015 to Indigenous people.

I have a very close friend of mine who worked in Fort McMurray several years back. Money was great but the work environment was god awful. Basically everyone was blasting coke the second they were off work.
    It had the handle of Fort Crack when I was out there. I worked five winters in the oil patch. It's not for the faint of heart, 3-4 months of work straight with no days of and from what I seen...and experienced, there is a huge drug problem.

It really does suck for the majority of people but the amount of verbal abuse that I, and a lot of my buddies who travelled out with me yearly, took for being from the east coast, coming to steal THEIR jobs, etc leaves me little sympathy for those guys that have a crack addiction, two vehicles, a side by side, snowmobile and quad all financed. Granted, there are guys from out there who sound as a pound and great guys. I feel bad for those guys

The reality is, the world is switching away from oil and the dirty, expensive to extract oil in Western Canada is going to be the first casualty

Quote Originally Posted by WES445 View Post
    I feel you, man. We have been choosing between a turd sandwich or a douche for a while now. It is a bad sign that you as well are going through this. I can't imagine O'Toole argument for privatizing your medical system.
    Trudeau won't destroy our country but O'Toole is already giving me the creeps. His initial pitch for privatization is allowing those who have finances available to pay in order to cut the line. It would be the beginning of a slippery slope in my eyes.

I vote 3rd party now which is NDP in Canada. You're not allowed to say those 3 letters around anyone who lives in the prairies though. The oil industry is floundering in Canada now which is bad news for the Conservatives as the oil industry is their main pitch to lock down votes in the prairies.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Powders View Post
    It had the handle of Fort Crack when I was out there. I worked five winters in the oil patch. It's not for the faint of heart, 3-4 months of work straight with no days of and from what I seen...and experienced, there is a huge drug problem.

It really does suck for the majority of people but the amount of verbal abuse that I, and a lot of my buddies who travelled out with me yearly, took for being from the east coast, coming to steal THEIR jobs, etc leaves me little sympathy for those guys that have a crack addiction, two vehicles, a side by side, snowmobile and quad all financed. Granted, there are guys from out there who sound as a pound and great guys. I feel bad for those guys

The reality is, the world is switching away from oil and the dirty, expensive to extract oil in Western Canada is going to be the first casualty
    My buddy went for 1 winter. He finished the season then bought a beater to drive back to Toronto. Once he got home he sold the truck and never looked back. He was a big drinker out there but managed to stay away from the drugs. Had plenty of stories about the overall drug use though. I agree fully with your last paragraph. The oil industry is on the fritz. It'll be cool to see the conservative party squeel though. The NDP already raised more money in Alberta than the Cons did in 2020.

How dare you go out there to steal their jobs. Shouldn't you be catching lobster or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by ChongInc. View Post
    Facts can be hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by SiteWolf View Post
    The company TransCanada Corp gave it the name Keystone Pipeline for its connection between producers and the market. When an extension was proposed in 2008, the XL was added and stands for eXport Limited.
    I always thought the Keystone part of the name came from the first phase that went through Manitoba (the Keystone province) and that’s where it turned south connecting into the US.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Johnson#3 View Post
    Trudeau won't destroy our country but O'Toole is already giving me the creeps. His initial pitch for privatization is allowing those who have finances available to pay in order to cut the line. It would be the beginning of a slippery slope in my eyes.

I vote 3rd party now which is NDP in Canada. You're not allowed to say those 3 letters around anyone who lives in the prairies though. The oil industry is floundering in Canada now which is bad news for the Conservatives as the oil industry is their main pitch to lock down votes in the prairies.
    NDP isn’t as taboo in the prairies as you make them out to be. They win seats here and in general are more of an option than the Liberals

It’s a shame we don’t have an expert in Canadian politics we can rely on right now to tell us how they are taking this.

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast